Ghost Recon: Wildlands

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
Metacritic score has been dropping. It's not good. Not completely awful either. Just another paint-by-numbers open world game from Ubisoft. Beta wasn't very fun. Seems completely skippable unless you have 3 other people you can play with regularly.

That's a good call.

It's been super fun with friends, but I don't even have the urge to play by myself.

I think I'll still get my money's worth out of it.

Oilslick941611

Jul 4, 2006
Ottawa
This game is boring as ****. Jesus. Its the same crap as the division.

Another flop.

you can say its boring but you can't say its like the division

in the division you replay the same mission endlessly to get better gear, you need to unload entire clips or more to kill one enemey and you cannot play stealthy. unlike this game where you do not need to play the same missions endlessly in the hopes for better gear, you can go just go out and find it in a weapons case, you can down an enemy with one headshot or 2 to the chest and you can play stealthy. also wildlands has cars, helicopters and boats, division has none of those. although driving isn't exactly fun or controls well its still a significant difference from division.

I dont understand the division comparison, the only thing wildlands and division have in common is ubisoft.

all that being said, there isn't much to do wildlands apart from the main story.

Xelebes

Jun 10, 2007
Edmonton, Alberta
The vehicle gameplay looks terrible but the combat mechanics are nice. If I'm playing, I will likely decide to never to play with the vehicles unless it is an absolute necessity.

Mount Suribachi

Nov 15, 2013
England
The vehicle gameplay looks terrible but the combat mechanics are nice. If I'm playing, I will likely decide to never to play with the vehicles unless it is an absolute necessity.

I've heard its worse on PC with keyboard and mouse. Playing with a controller on XB1, controlling cars is easy enough as long as you don't drive full speed everywhere - accelerate and coast is the way to go.

Helicopters aren't great. I'm getting the hang of it now, but they're not intuitive. They are still the quickest way to get from A to B though, so I use them wherever I can

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario

There's N64 games with far better vehicle physics.

Luckily there's helicopters everywhere(and they're easy to fly and actually handle pretty well), so you don't have to drive too much though.

Jasper

Mar 16, 2002
It is an amazing game. If you only played the beta you're missing out on a lot as they really tweaked it well (I wasn't sure about it myself after playing the beta) and I've only played single player so far.

Jasper

Mar 16, 2002
I've been playing it with the hardest difficulty. That might make a difference for people with issues with the single player experience? Not that I'm all that great at these kind of games, but the challenge makes the encounters really interesting, some I've had to walk away from to do later. And earning levels and upgrades and levels is very fulfilling.

tacogeoff

Jul 18, 2011
Killarney, MB
You can tell them to Fire, Hold, Go To, and Regroup. So I don't know what's missing.

ah ok. that's not to shabby. think I am going to take the plunge and get it. I was originally looking at horizon Z but from what I have seen I don't think it is for me and the witcher can still fill that type of void with a better storyline.

La Cosa Nostra

Caporegime
Jun 25, 2009
This game is close to being an epic must buy but it has some major flaws.

Vehicle controls are atrocious. Flying a helicopter is terrible, absolutely terrible. Planes also. Don't get me started on actual cars, I try to fast travel as close to an objective as possible and run to it if I am able to. The AI on your team isn't that good, a lot of the time when I move in my squad is so far back it's like I'm playing solo and I have to either regroup or send them to a spot and then instruct them to open fire.

On the plus side, the game is gigantic. I am a person who loves games that take dozens of hours to finish and this is a game that can easily fill 70-80 hours of play time on a complete game play (all missions, side missions, intel etc).

I give it a 7/10. This is a game where the sequel could be an epic 10/10 type game because the frame work is in place....giant map with loads to do, just needs to improve AI (team and enemy), vehicle control and change the monotony of some missions.

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
Anyone else get the HT1 yet?

It's the full damage sniper that you get in Montuyoc(iirc).

With a few points in vehicle damage, it blows up vehicles and helicopters(Blackhawks and Apaches included) with one shot if the suppressor is off.

I think I might have to use a different sniper because it makes the game way too easy haha.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
This is one of the most repetitive games i have ever played.

Holy ****.

Last edited:

Mount Suribachi

Nov 15, 2013
England
You can tell them to Fire, Hold, Go To, and Regroup. So I don't know what's missing.

Options I would like include (off the top of my head):

Breach and clear. Those missions where you have to clear the enemy radio stations are annoying as you end up going blind and solo into a room full of enemies. Would be nice if they would blow a door and then go in themselves (whilst you go in another entrance)

The ability to split your squad - you two go over there and do this, you follow me whilst we do that

The ability to spread your squad - too often they are all bunched up and its easy to get outflanked, or not have the ability to take out enemies hiding behind cover

Different tactical options - you covering fire, you charge the target

Ability to drive vehicles to a location, so *I* can fire the guns for once.

Also, your 3 squad members are completely generic and forgettable. It would be nice if they had different roles - one is a MG gunner, one is an explosives guy, one is your QCB guy. Something to at least distinguish them and make them memorable.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
The defend the radio side mission are complete and utter garbage. Especially when you playing by yourself.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad