Value of: Getzlaf

cj19

Jul 21, 2016
What is the value of Getzlaf if he were to waive his NMC & the Ducks were to trade him?... What cup contending team would be the best fit for Getzlaf?

I believe he is 33 with 3 years left on his contract at annual salary of 8.25 million..

Reactions: IceBoxHockey

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
If all those things happen I think Colorado or New Jersey should go for him. Not contenders but playoff teams

mightyquack

eggplant and jade or bust
Apr 28, 2010
Getzlaf is going to be the first lifetime Duck, absolutely no doubt about that.

Also as long as Getzlaf is a great 1c, Anaheim are at least a playoff team. They just need to get some half decent coaches in place.

BAM

Nov 21, 2016
Ducks main problem imo is RC, get rid of him and see how the team looks before moving a top 5-10 C in Getzlaf.

Reactions: Cambodian Fouler

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Hed likely only waive to Calgary or a California team.... but Anaheim wouldn't move arguably the best player in their history.

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
Getzlaf is going to be the first lifetime Duck, absolutely no doubt about that.

Also as long as Getzlaf is a great 1c, Anaheim are at least a playoff team. They just need to get some half decent coaches in place.
With the West becoming more daunting by the day, do you really think getzlaf Garuntees the playoffs?

mightyquack

Apr 28, 2010
With the West becoming more daunting by the day, do you really think getzlaf Garuntees the playoffs?
Have you seen the Pacific lately? Anaheim has one of it's longest losing streaks in team history and is only 3 points out of the playoffs, the division is a joke :laugh:

Anaheim has more than enough talent to be in the top 3 in the Pacific, whether they can get the right coaching and be healthy for it is another question.

Gliff

Tank Commander
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2011
Tennessee
The Ducks do not need a complete teardown. The defense is in place, the goaltending is in place, half the offense is in place, the other half is injured or a year away. They just need a coach.

I do see the value in letting this year be what it is and get a future #1 center in the draft though. But we shouldnt need to tear it down to let that happen. Carlyle has got that covered.

16thOverallSaveUs

May 2, 2018
Have you seen the Pacific lately? Anaheim has one of it's longest losing streaks in team history and is only 3 points out of the playoffs, the division is a joke :laugh:

Anaheim has more than enough talent to be in the top 3 in the Pacific, whether they can get the right coaching and be healthy for it is another question.

I’m not disagreeing that they could be top 3; I’m just saying they’re far from a lock. For my money I’d take San Jose and Calgary over Anaheim for sure and probably Edmonton too. With that being said I have no doubt the central is sending 5 teams this year. It’s not a lock.

mightyquack

Apr 28, 2010
I’m not disagreeing that they could be top 3; I’m just saying they’re far from a lock. For my money I’d take San Jose and Calgary over Anaheim for sure and probably Edmonton too. With that being said I have no doubt the central is sending 5 teams this year. It’s not a lock.
To be fair - in my original post I said they need to get some half decent coaching in place first, I agree they are far from a lock this season (but that's down to coaching as I said already and nothing to do with Getzlaf). My point was that with a half decent coach in charge from the start of the season Anaheim will be a playoff team as long Getzlaf as continues to produce at a 1c pace in the future.

16thOverallSaveUs

May 2, 2018
To be fair - in my original post I said they need to get some half decent coaching in place first, I agree they are far from a lock this season (but that's down to coaching as I said already and nothing to do with Getzlaf). My point was that with a half decent coach in charge from the start of the season Anaheim will be a playoff team as long Getzlaf as continues to produce at a 1c pace in the future.

Ok I understand your point. What’s wrong with the coaching?

Mallard

Apr 19, 2017
Canada
We'd be dumb to trade him. He is still a legit #1C and contributes so much to this team. It's not like he is rapidly declining

Spazkat

Feb 19, 2015
What is the value of Getzlaf if he were to waive his NMC & the Ducks were to trade him?... What cup contending team would be the best fit for Getzlaf?

I believe he is 33 with 3 years left on his contract at annual salary of 8.25 million..

Seems sort of pointless to even speculate on. It's unlikely in the extreme that the Ducks decide to throw in the towel and trade their 1C and captain, and even if they wanted to I don't see Getzlaf waiving.

Oct 18, 2011
He would be the difference maker for a team like the blues.

It would take alot. Yes he's 33 but he's still really good, and if you want to do an organization reset it makes sense to trade him

Pizza the Hutt

Game 6 Truther
Mar 22, 2012

Anaheim is also 3 points out of the playoffs in the Central, and only 1 point out in the East.

so ....

Not So Mighty

Enjoy your freedom, you wintertimer.
Aug 2, 2010
Omicron Pesei 8
I was thinking about this too the other day while brooding over the hell that it is to watch Ducks games lately. But taking a step back and thinking realistically, I think it's an overreaction. If we replace Carlyle now with a competent coach AND trade for scoring help, I think the playoffs are a realistic goal. We're not far removed from a WCF appearance in 2017. However, I'm also not against the idea of keeping Carlyle for the sake of tanking and getting a nice top five pick. Then of course, replace him in the Summer and right the ship for 19-20.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad