Value of: Getzlaf to Habs

Absurdity

light switch connoisseur
Jul 6, 2012
Kesler is a much more attainable for the Habs than Getzlaf, who the Habs don't have the assets or would not want to give up what it would take to get him.

Vancouver Canucks

Feb 8, 2015
Getzlaf's Anaheim's franchise player. Not necessarily skilled as a franchise player, but he's the guy to stay in Anaheim until he retires.

Spazkat

Feb 19, 2015
I always like when people come posting that player won't be traded on a ''value of'' thread. I don't want to know if he will be traded because nobody knows. I want to know, if he would be traded, what would it cost to acquire him ''hypothetically''.

We are at 20 posts and only one poster dared to talk some names.

It's hard to "talk names" when the response is that there isn't a trade to be made. Its been pointed out numerous times, but if you're asking for a teams 1C for the most part they're going to turn you down without a C coming bank. Instead you offer a winger, a draft pick in a year with no exceptional centers. and a D prospect to a team struggling to find playing time for the prospects they already have in the pipeline.

Even if they were looking to move Getzy, we would be bad trade partners. I don't see what's so hard to understand about that.

Benstheman

Nov 20, 2014
I mean, you're the one that created the thread, so you tell me :laugh:

yeah. I explained 100 times and on this very thread i hope Habs goes the rebuild path but i also am really aware management might not think that way.

So that thread is more like : How pissed off i would be if Habs trade for a center like Getzlaf.

Benstheman

Nov 20, 2014
It's hard to "talk names" when the response is that there isn't a trade to be made. Its been pointed out numerous times, but if you're asking for a teams 1C for the most part they're going to turn you down without a C coming bank. Instead you offer a winger, a draft pick in a year with no exceptional centers. and a D prospect to a team struggling to find playing time for the prospects they already have in the pipeline.

Even if they were looking to move Getzy, we would be bad trade partners. I don't see what's so hard to understand about that.

At least, you come with an insight on ''why''. I just don't understand people wasting time coming here and add nothing to the thread saying : Habs don't have the pieces.

SpeakingOfTheDevils

Devils Advocate
Jan 22, 2010
Philadelphia, PA
yeah. I explained 100 times and on this very thread i hope Habs goes the rebuild path but i also am really aware management might not think that way.

So that thread is more like : How pissed off i would be if Habs trade for a center like Getzlaf.

The number of proposals I've seen where Montreal purges what little young, long-term assets they have in exchange for a band-aid veteran stop gap...

First it was Toews at a discount, then O'Reilly, now Getzlaf...

Pardon me for detecting a trend. Hang onto your pieces and build the right way.

Reactions: Mallard

caliamad

Mar 14, 2003
Visit site
band-aid stop gap veteran? Who are you expecting to get? Getzlaf easily has 5 more productive years left in this league, I think the same could be said for the other two.

CristianoRonaldo

Apr 7, 2014
In your head
Kesler is a much more attainable for the Habs than Getzlaf, who the Habs don't have the assets or would not want to give up what it would take to get him.

Kesler is almost 34 years old.
Got 14 points/44 games this year.
4 years remaining on his contract at 6M875.

You can keep your cap dump.

Absurdity

light switch connoisseur
Jul 6, 2012
Kesler is almost 34 years old.
Got 14 points/44 games this year.
4 years remaining on his contract at 6M875.

You can keep your cap dump.
I'm not a Ducks fan. I'm not saying Montreal should go get Kesler, just pointing out that Kesler is much more available and attainable than Getzlaf is if Montreal wants a center from Anaheim.

That also coincides with what pieces Montreal would be willing to give up for a top 6 center. Getzlaf is not available from Anaheim's perspective, and he would cost too much for Montreal to obtain.

CristianoRonaldo

Apr 7, 2014
In your head
I'm not a Ducks fan. I'm not saying Montreal should go get Kesler, just pointing out that Kesler is much more available and attainable than Getzlaf is if Montreal wants a center from Anaheim.

That also coincides with what pieces Montreal would be willing to give up for a top 6 center.

Honestly we don't need Getzlaf we suck so bad, we need to rebuild.

Of course Kesler is more availaible, he's a cap dump. Unless we give a bad contract like him, we don't want him.

Reactions: Absurdity

McDonald19

Sep 9, 2003
California
Getzlaf won't waive the NMC (so.cal wife, comfortable in his ocean view home) and the Ducks won't ask him to because franchise centers are so hard to find.

Corey Perry is another story...

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Instead of going for a centre in their 30s, the Habs should be aiming to somehow get a young or prime-aged centre. If that's through trade or the draft, then so be it. Rebuild and do it properly.

Reactions: Kaperi Spacey

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal
I was about to say Galchenyuk, 2018 1st pick and Juulsen. I would say it is not far off.

edit : as for the bad trade partners thing, i wouldn't know about that since we still don't what path both clubs are going to take. I for one think the Habs should definately rebuild but i am really aware management might not think this way.
You nuts? Habs aren’t trading that for a soon to be 33 year old getzlaf. Seriously. Just. Stop

General Fanager

Feb 2, 2010
Chambly, Qc
I was about to say Galchenyuk, 2018 1st pick and Juulsen. I would say it is not far off.

edit : as for the bad trade partners thing, i wouldn't know about that since we still don't what path both clubs are going to take. I for one think the Habs should definately rebuild but i am really aware management might not think this way.

On what planet do you live? Have you hit your head on something?

a 33 year old isnt worth that much. no way no how

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad