Getzlaf just signed an 8 year extension

• Thread starter Captain Mittens*
  • Start date

Ducksgo*

Yah it was posted in the trade boards. I'm speculating 6.7-6.8 per year something like Parise deal

tyratoku

May 28, 2010
MN
Yah it was posted in the trade boards. I'm speculating 6.7-6.8 per year something like Parise deal

8.25 according to TSN twitter stuff.

Congrats on the re-signing, Anaheim fans. Best of luck to you guys.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
That money worries me a bit. No way in hell we give Perry less. And... can we afford it?

Ducksgo*

8.25 according to TSN twitter stuff.

Congrats on the re-signing, Anaheim fans. Best of luck to you guys.

Omg.... That's is ALOT! Do you have a link to all the details regarding the deal?

Jul 1, 2012
That's a good deal for him. Market value
We won't be spending to the cap anyway so the salary isn't really a big deal if the ownership is ready to raise the internal budget a bit

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
I'm happy, he's easily worth it so long as we don't have any repeats of last season.

And to those comparing it to Crosby - Crosby's cap hit is $8.7M, his salary is significantly higher than Getzlaf's for every year of Getzlafs deal. In Anaheim it's the salary that matters not the cap hit.

Henrique Iglesias

Jun 15, 2009
Alberta, Canada
Extremely happy he is resigned but too much money. I was thinking it would be 6.5-7, but 8.25? How can we afford to re-sign perry and ryan down the road too? If Selanne and Koivu retire we will have to hope the young guys step up or we will be a one line team again.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
I hope there is a point in the contract that every year shall be a contract year. Otherwise, we can be ****ed :sarcasm:

JabbaJabba

Dec 22, 2010
Finland
That price tag is a bit alarming. Great to see him signed and all, but how are they going to be able to build a solid team around him? Especially if Perry gets a same kind of contract.

Well, hopefully he plays like he has been playing so far.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad