OT: Getting to know your fellow CBJ fans

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
CBJ HFers. Whether we like it or not, we're a community. And while it's a virtual one, and so not impacted in the same ways as IRL gatherings by the current public health situation, what our community is built on is still interrupted.

So, I'm going to at least put a new version of an old thread up, one that let's people know a little bit about your IRL self. If you're interested in participating, cool. Use the template I've provided in whatever way you see fit. (This template was initially done by longtime board denizen jacketfan. I've modified it slightly.)

This is not a thread about the reason for our disruption, just a place to talk about our favorite topic -- ourselves. So I'll start:

(Real) Name: Jim
Age you act: 55
Sex: M
Birthplace: Pittsburgh, PA
Where you live: Ostrander, OH
Distinguishing Physical Characteristic: You know. The guy. With the shirt.
Nationality: German/British Isles/Native American
Mode of Transportation: Ford F150
Job: freelance writer (laid off last summer from my longtime local print media gig), church musician
College Attended/Attending: Otterbein College

How you became a Jackets' fan: Lifelong hockey fan introduced to the game by my dad, a one-time Pittsburgh Hornets season ticket holder - made decision to bump Pens off the pedestal when CBJ joined the NHL
Favorite Jackets Player: It's still Nick, but I want it to become Texier. And I always love the goalies.
Favorite NON Jackets Player: Jacob Vrana, Sebastian Aho, Vincent Trochek, Pekka Rinne
Favorite piece of Blue Jacket paraphernalia (souvenir): none for me - XHCSA tossed my daughter a puck that had come out of play into the bench
Hockey Jerseys In Wardrobe: CBJ original, Pens, Chill, Leafs #29 Potvin

Video Game Systems Owned: Wii bu damn if we don;t use it anymore - maybe I'll have to start again
Favorite Game(s): Mario Kart
Music/Bands You Like: Needtobreathe, Switchfoot, Jeff Black, Rush, Styx
Favorite Movie(s): Caddyshack, Holy Grail
Favorite TV Show: Barney Miller
Favorite Food: Leb's Pizza House sausage and green peppers
Libation of choice: stouts or a Talisker Scotch neat
Most Interesting/Unusual Person/Entity You Follow on Twitter/IG: Richard Marx, oddly enough, is a hysterical follow but very political; local Business First journalist Dan Eaton is entertaining and I might be outing him as a poster here

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
(Real) Name: Jo
Age you act: About five years behind actual.
Sex: F trans
Birthplace: Columbus, OH (on-campus)
Where you live: Upper Arlington, OH
Distinguishing Physical Characteristic: I come from a family of rather large people.
Nationality: Approximately 2/5 German, 1/5 British, 1/5 That Madness Zone South Of The Baltic, 1/5 random other
Mode of Transportation: The Buick Of Holding
Job: Computer programming in support of statistical genetics research at Nationwide Children's.
College Attended/Attending: BGSU

How you became a Jackets' fan: Listening to games called on the radio by George Matthews while riding to and from Washington Court House for regular social stuff. Never been hooked on anything so quickly in my life.
Favorite Jackets Player: Cam Atkinson, and every single blueliner. All of them.
Favorite NON Jackets Player: The Human Rocket Ship, a.k.a. Ryan Ellis.
Favorite piece of Blue Jacket paraphernalia (souvenir): My parents have some debut season swag thanks to Papa working for CoreComm back in the day, and they just handed it all to me when I got hooked. A puck or two, some posters, some sweaters that don't fit me...
Hockey Jerseys In Wardrobe: CBJ original and that's pretty much it. And it doesn't fit. :dunno:

Video Game Systems Owned: Does my laptop count?
Favorite Game(s): I'm a Metroidvania fiend, but am also partial to old-school FPSes (old-school as in the ones from back when they were called "DOOM clones")
Music/Bands You Like: It's very eclectic, but The Smashing Pumpkins are pretty consistently at or near the top of the list.
Favorite Movie(s): Rollerball (the original, not the crappy remake)
Favorite TV Show: TV? Isn't that what you use to watch Jackets/Buckeyes/Crew games?
Favorite Food: Just about any variant of chicken and/or salmon. Sushi especially, in the case of the latter.
Libation of choice: I don't even drink wine during Passover.
Most Interesting/Unusual Person/Entity You Follow on Twitter/IG: Approved News 6. Yeah, I'm kind of weird. (They sometimes go NSFW with puns, so be warned.)

Reactions: Madifer

Long Live Lyle

Feb 10, 2019
Chicago, IL
(Real) Name: Sam
Age you act: 25
Birthplace: Columbus, OH
Where you live: Chicago, IL
Distinguishing Physical Characteristic: Average height/weight and I think I’m pretty normal-looking? :laugh: I have a slight gap between my two front teeth. :D
Nationality: Irish/German/Cuban (my paternal grandfather fled Cuba to NYC as Castro was overthrowing Batista).
Mode of Transportation: Chicago’s finest form of transportation: the CTA!
Job: Legal Management Consultant (help in-house corporate legal departments implement matter management software). My first job out of college was in DC as a paralegal for DOJ’s Antitrust Division, and I enjoyed that quite a bit (though I didn’t love living in DC). Since you mentioned Jim that you’re a church musician, I’m on the board for the Young Adult Ministry at my parish in Chicago, though it’s strictly volunteer, not paid.
College Attended/Attending: Notre Dame

How you became a Jackets' fan: My family has had season tickets since Day One (still same seats to this day). I went to the first ever game when I was 8 when we blew the 3-0 lead and lost to the Blackhawks. I cried in the parking lot and my dad tried to console me by saying there’d be a lot more games. I responded by saying, “yeah, but there will never be another first game.” He couldn’t counter. :laugh:
Favorite Jackets Player: Savard, Cam, Gavrikov, Peeke (Go Irish), Elvis, Foligno, Jones, Nyquist... it varies with the wind, how they’re playing and my mood haha.
Favorite NON Jackets Player: I’m (very) casual acquaintances (and was Facebook friends, though he deactivated his account haha) with Anders Lee. We lived in the same dorm at ND so I knew him a bit from that, and I covered the hockey team all 4 of my yrs at ND for the school paper (though Lee went pro after three). I covered Bryan Rust (sucks that he’s a Penguin) and Stephen Johns all 4 years and interviewed/interacted with them often due to that, though I wouldn’t say I “know” either of them. But based on my interactions with them (and what I’ve heard about them) they’re all awesome dudes. I was hoping Tynan would make it with us since I also covered him all 4 years, but alas.

I played lacrosse in grade school with Connor Murphy and I’m pretty sure he remembers me/knows who I am, though we’re certainly not friends and even acquaintances is probably too far. But I pull for him to do well.
Favorite piece of Blue Jacket paraphernalia (souvenir): Have caught a couple pucks that flew into the crowd during game action.
Hockey Jerseys In Wardrobe: White (home at time) original Odelein, first 3rd jersey (basis for current home jerseys) Cassels, current 3rd jersey Voracek, current blue Wisniewski. Don’t wear any of them anymore (Odelein/Cassels no longer fit haha). I’d like to get a new white but unsure who (see favorite player above). Will prob go Gavrikov if he signs long-term.

Video Game Systems Owned: N/A now, used to have XBox.
Favorite Game(s): MVP Baseball 05 and the NCAA Football games.
Music/Bands You Like: WIDE variety. Basically anything under the sun, though not really alternative or modern hip hop/rap. I’m a pretty big country fan and love Luke Combs right now.
Favorite Movie(s): Don’t have one in particular.
Favorite TV Show: 24
Favorite Food: Wide variety. I will say the deep dish in Chi I recommend is Giordano’s if any of you ever visit the city.
Libation of choice: I like both stouts (e.g., Guinness) and wheat/Belgian beers (e.g., Blue Moon, Summer Shandy). Which is funny because they’re basically opposites. Hate IPAs/hops.
Most Interesting/Unusual Person/Entity You Follow on Twitter/IG: Portzline :sarcasm:

Last edited:

Cowumbus

Mar 1, 2014
Arena District - Columbus
(Real) Name: Nick
Age you act: 20
Birthplace: Westerville, OH
Where you live: Dublin, OH
Distinguishing Physical Characteristic: All hockey hair team
Nationality: German/Italian
Mode of Transportation: ‘19 Civic
Job: Engineer 1
College Attended/Attending: Ohio University

How you became a Jackets' fan: Parents made me watch as a baby, never stopped.
Favorite Jackets Player: Dubois/Bemstrom/Jones idk
Favorite NON Jackets Player: Mitch Marner, Vlad Tarasenko, Thomas Chabot, Patrik Elias (past)
Favorite piece of Blue Jacket paraphernalia (souvenir): Signed/Framed Game used Rick Nash Original home jersey
Hockey Jerseys In Wardrobe: CBJ home plain, CBJ original Steve Heinz, CBJ alternate, CBJ Adidas home Bemstrom, CBJ Camo, Ovechkin Reebok Home, CBJ home Werenski, USA Parise away, WJC Bergeron home, CBJ black ice Jones jersey

Video Game Systems Owned: Xbox One
Favorite Game(s): NCAA Football, NHL 17
Music/Bands You Like: Dan&Shay, Lil Uzi Vert, Luke Combs
Favorite Movie(s): Miracle, Interstellar, Pulp Fiction
Favorite TV Show: Curb your enthusiasm
Favorite Food: Grandma’s Chicken Parmigiana
Libation of choice: Tito’s water lime
Most Interesting/Unusual Person/Entity You Follow on Twitter/IG: Joe Rogan, Jordan Peterson

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
(Real) Name: Scott
Age you act: Anywhere from 18-25
Where you live: Columbus, OH
Distinguishing Physical Characteristic: Uhh. I'm relatively average height (6'0), weight (around 200), with short brown hair. So nothing?
Nationality: German/Greek
Mode of Transportation: Ford Escape
Job: Unemployed Currently
College Attended/Attending: The Ohio State University

How you became a Jackets' fan: My friend Kevin in the 4th grade got me hooked. He was a big Red Wings fan and lived a few houses down from me. We got to be pretty close on the bus, he would come over and play hockey in my basement, then in the summer we would play outside. As my love of the game grew I started watching the games, which obviously gravitated to the CBJ since they were the local team. Then my dad started taking me to games and he got hooked. Haven't missed a game since 2008. No longer friends with Kevin (we grew apart in HS) but I will always thank him for that.
Favorite Jackets Player: Currently? PLD. But I love me some Werenski and Jones. All time it's Bobrovsky.
Favorite NON Jackets Player: Auston Matthews, Alex Ovechkin, Connor McDavid, Evgeny Kuznetsov, Sergei Bobrovsky, Nathan MacKinnon, would be Panarin if I wasn't sour grapes
Favorite piece of Blue Jacket paraphernalia (souvenir): My dad has a signed jersey from every member of the 2008-09 first playoff team. So that I guess.
Hockey Jerseys In Wardrobe: White Zherdev, 3rd Rick Nash, 3rd Derick Brassard, Home Brassard, Home Jack Johnson, 3rd Boone Jenner. I much prefer the T-shirt Jerseys in which I have Anderson, Atkinson, Jones, Werenski, Dubois, Texier, Dubinsky, Panarin, Saad, Bobrovsky, Brassard, Filatov, and Nash.

Video Game Systems Owned: PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1
Favorite Game(s): Overwatch, The Last of Us, Crash Team Racing, Madden, NHL, Spyro
Music/Bands You Like: I like almost every genre of music. Classic Queen is still my jam though.
Favorite Movie(s): Don't really watch movies anymore but I am a big Star Wars (will defend the sequels), Disney, Sports movies (such as Remember the Titans, Miracle, Friday Night Lights, etc), and Batman fan.
Favorite TV Show: The Office, Family Guy, South Park, The Mandalorian, Stranger Things, been trying to get into Brooklyn 99.
Favorite Food: Chicken Parmesan
Libation of choice: Don't drink.
Most Interesting/Unusual Person/Entity You Follow on Twitter/IG: Thoughts of a Dog/Cute Emergency. With twitter always full of hot takes, political rhetoric, memes, and a bunch of other depressing/selfish things it always brings a smile to my face to read joke tweets from a "dog" account. Even though it is a bit childish, it always brings a smile, which is sometimes all you need to start your day. I just like animals a lot.

Reactions: Martin Sloan

Monstershockey

Sponsor
Dec 31, 2017
(Real) Name: Eric
Age you act: Whatever is appropriate
Birthplace: Berea, Oh
Where you live: Seven Hills, OH
Distinguishing Physical Characteristic: Gray hair
Nationality: German/French/Polish
Mode of Transportation: 18 CX-5
Job: Offset press operator
College Attended/Attending: N/A

How you became a Jackets' fan: Took my girlfriend to her first NHL game in 2014-15 season against Penguins (5-3 loss). Ended up with Monsters season tickets and they became CBJ affiliate the first year.
Favorite Jackets Player: I like anyone who plays for them.
Favorite NON Jackets Player: Again, I like all the players. The only one I don't is Brad Marchand. I like his game, hate the other stuff about him. He is too good to have to do the dirty crap.
Favorite piece of Blue Jacket paraphernalia (souvenir): White jersey signed by 2018-19 team. Won in a silent auction.
Hockey Jerseys In Wardrobe: Misc. Monsters and CBJ jerseys. No names. Whenever I would get a name on a jersey the guy was usually gone the next year.
Video Game Systems Owned: PC
Favorite Game(s): Forza series, motorsport and horizon.
Music/Bands You Like: Like all kinds. Recently been listening to a lot of Foo Fighters.
Favorite Movie(s): Truman Show
Favorite TV Show: Bosch
Favorite Food: Any good Italian
Libation of choice: Double screwdriver, occasional shot of Patron
Most Interesting/Unusual Person/Entity You Follow on Twitter/IG: Don't twit or facebook.

Arch City Zach

Jun 10, 2011
Columbus, OH
archcityarmy.com
(Real) Name: Zach
Age you act: Now that I have a kid, at least 25.
Birthplace: Dayton, Oh
Where you live: Hilliard, OH
Distinguishing Physical Characteristic: Beard
Nationality: German/Austrian/French/Canadian/British
Mode of Transportation: 2012 Kia Soul
Job: Stay at home Dad
College Attended/Attending: Sinclair Community College

How you became a Jackets' fan: Been a hockey fan since the early 90's (was a Pens fan). Followed the Pens off and on till hardcore following them in 07-08 and 08-09. In that time, I moved to Columbus to be with my future wife. After the Pens won, I bought season tickets to the Jackets and dropped the Pens.
Favorite Jackets Player: All time? Marc Methot. Current? Elvis Merzlikins
Favorite NON Jackets Player: Jaromir Jagr
Favorite piece of Blue Jacket paraphernalia (souvenir): Marc Methot game worn jersey from 08-09.
Hockey Jerseys In Wardrobe: Oh jeez, the Methot gamer, a Methot GI Crunch jersey, Allen York GI, Allen York RPI (College) game worn, Matt Calvert Springfield warm up, Nikita Nikitin KHL GW jersey, then a few random player jerseys from over the years.
Video Game Systems Owned: PC and PS4
Favorite Game(s): Stardew Valley, Final Fantasy 8, Fallout 3 & 4.
Music/Bands You Like: Used to be a concert photographer so I love too many bands to name.
Favorite Movie(s): Chasing Amy
Favorite TV Show: Justified or Futurama
Favorite Food: Chicken tacos or pork tenderloin.
Libation of choice: Bourbon (prefer Buffalo Trace brands)
Most Interesting/Unusual Person/Entity You Follow on Twitter/IG: I think I'm still Facebook friends with Colton Gillies.

CBJ goalie

May 19, 2005
London, Ontario
Great idea!

(Real) Name: Mark
Sex: Yes please! (this answers the Age you act question). For reals, I'm a M.
Birthplace: Kitchener, Ont.
Where you live: London, Ont.
Distinguishing Physical Characteristic: My left thumb is double jointed. Otherwise, I have dark brown hair buy my wife and daughters say it's black - no freakin' way it is......
Nationality: Portuguese background. Canadian born and raised.
Mode of Transportation: 2017 VW Beetle Dune
Job: insurance claims adjuster
College Attended: Fanshawe College

How you became a Jackets' fan: Have been for about 7-8 years now - was a Canucks fan before, but loved the small market/hard work ethic of the CBJ. Go to one game each season at Nationwide, and sometimes catch a road CBJ game.
Favorite Jackets Player: Any of the goalies, so currently Korpisalo and Merlikins.
Favorite NON Jackets Player: Roberto Luongo
Favorite piece of Blue Jacket paraphernalia: Have all 5 of the CBJ goalie masks issued by Franklin Sports, and rotate wearing them when I play ball hockey.
Hockey Jerseys In Wardrobe: Each style of CBJ jersey: '00 dark blue jersey, '02 white jersey, first 3rd jersey, dark blue '10 jersey, white '17 jersey, current third jersey and a CBJ practice jersey with Stinger as main logo

Video Game Systems Owned: N/A
Favorite Game(s): N/A
Music/Bands You Like: Listen to hard Alternative, but listen to bands close the genre. Favourite band though is 311.
Favorite Movie(s): Hard to say, like too many
Favorite TV Show: Impractical Jokers, The Simpson, Family Guy
Favorite Food: my mother's home cooking - nothing like it.
Libation of choice: not much of a drinker.....maybe pineapple juice mixed with Smirnoff Ice
Most Interesting/Unusual Person/Entity You Follow on Twitter/IG: N/A

Hello Johnny

Apr 13, 2007
(Real) Name: Steve
Age you act: 16 or 60
Distinguishing Physical Characteristic: Long blonde hair
Nationality: Mars
Mode of Transportation: Time and Space
Job: Entertainment
College Attended/Attending: By now you've correctly guessed that I'm a dropout.

How you became a Jackets' fan: I started playing Blades of Steel and NHLPA Hockey '93 on SNES when I was pretty young. Loved Steve Yzerman because we obviously share the same first name. And of course I watched The Mighty Ducks as a child – which led to all neighborhoods in America gaining at least a few street hockey players. Then the Jackets came to town. First game my dad took me to, Ray Whitney scored a late tying goal and the OT game-winner, and that was pretty much it for me. Seeing that type of atmosphere first hand at that age was pretty special.
Favorite Jackets Player: Probably Jonesy, but I love 'em all.
Favorite NON Jackets Player: Panarin, Thornton, Aho, MacKinnon, Pettersson, Voracek, Ovechkin
Favorite piece of Blue Jacket paraphernalia (souvenir): I don't have much anymore, but I still have my first jersey: '01-'02 away Ray Whitney. It was baggy on me then, and doesn't fit *perfectly* now, but I still wear it sometimes.
Hockey Jerseys In Wardrobe: See above, but I also still have a signed Nash original alternate.

Video Game Systems Owned: Ever? NES, SNES, 64, Gamecube, PS1, PS2, Xbox 360, PS4, Xbox One
Favorite Game(s): Mostly play sports-related games – lots of NHL and FIFA, was really into Madden and NCAA Football when I was younger.
Music/Bands You Like: I could be here all day, but David Bowie is my all-time favorite.
Favorite Movie(s): Most Tarantino movies, Comedies from the 00's, anything with Bill Murray, and a lot more.
Favorite TV Show: Bob's Burgers, South Park, High Maintenance, Barry, SNL, I Think You Should Leave, Rick and Morty...
Favorite Food: I'd say pound-for-pound, it'd have to be chicken wings.
Libation of choice: Any variation of a Negroni, Fernet Branca neat, Miller High Life.
Most Interesting/Unusual Person/Entity You Follow on Twitter/IG: Probably unwise to post here lol

Theo Von

gang gang buzz buzz
Nov 15, 2013
Real) Name: Brody!
Age you act: 21 lol
Distinguishing Physical Characteristic: My smile :D
Nationality: Polish/German
Mode of Transportation: Hyundai Elantra
Job: Songwriter/Producer
College Attended/Attending: none.

How you became a Jackets' fan: hometown team, had no reason to NOT become a CBJ fan :)
Favorite Jackets Player: of all time? hmmm... Seth J.
Favorite NON Jackets Player: Zibanejad and Tarasenko first come to mind.
Favorite piece of Blue Jacket paraphernalia (souvenir): probably the ticket to my first game ever.
Hockey Jerseys In Wardrobe: none :( .
Video Game Systems Owned: currently... PS4.
Favorite Game(s): Chel 20. (fun fact, my 3v3 team just went 25 games in a row without losing, but then proceeded to go 2-4 tonight lol. overall, we're 35-5).
Music/Bands You Like: wide wide variety, being a musician/producer myself.
Favorite Movie(s): Ghost, 50 first dates, wizard of oz.
Favorite TV Show: the twilight zone.
Favorite Food: Steak.
Libation of choice: Coors, Stella, Voodoo Ranger.
Most Interesting/Unusual Person/Entity You Follow on Twitter/IG: too many to choose from!

georgiabluejacket

Jun 6, 2002
Georgia
(Real) Name: Shawn
Age you act: 23
Birthplace: Heath, OH
Where you live: Savannah, GA
Distinguishing Physical Characteristic: The beard
Nationality: Scottish, European mutt
Mode of Transportation: Ford F150, KIA Sorento
Job: Federal Law Enforcement
College Attended/Attending: Bowling Green, Georgia College & State University

How you became a Jackets' fan: "Hometown" team, even though I was living in GA at the time of their existence
Favorite Jackets Player: Werenski
Favorite NON Jackets Player: Landeskog, Peter Forsberg
Favorite piece of Blue Jacket paraphernalia (souvenir): Werenski signed jersey
Hockey Jerseys In Wardrobe: Jackets: Werenski, 2X Nash, Sanderson, J. Johnson, personalized of myself, 2 inaugural year
Non-Jackets: Gretzky, McDavid, Landeskog, Forsberg, Devils, Whalers, Avalanche, Red Wings

Video Game Systems Owned: PS4, PS3, Xbox 360, PS2, PS, Super Nintendo
Favorite Game(s): NHL 20, FIFA 19, Spiderman, Assassins Creed: Black Flag
Music/Bands You Like: DMB, Pearl Jam, Nirvana, Counting Crows
Favorite Movie(s): Star Wars, Fanboys, National Treasure
Favorite TV Show: Expedition Unknown, LOST, CSI, Chuck
Favorite Food: Zaxby's
Libation of choice: Jack & Coke
Most Interesting/Unusual Person/Entity You Follow on Twitter/IG: I just follow sports people & teams, so no one really

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
(Real) Name: Bill
Age you act: 12 thru 85
Birthplace: New Jersey
Where you live: Florida
Distinguishing Physical Characteristic: Constantly mistaken for a young Brad Pitt
Nationality: German/Irish
Mode of Transportation: Hyundai Sonata
Job: retired
College Attended/Attending:Ohio University

How you became a Jackets' fan: Went to first NHL exhibition at the Schott between Devils & Pens. Got hooked on hockey and when the Jackets arrived I hopped on board not realizing they would help satisfy my masochistic tendencies for many years.
Favorite Jackets Player: Zach & Seth
Favorite NON Jackets Player: Artemi Panarin
Favorite piece of Blue Jacket paraphernalia (souvenir): none
Hockey Jerseys In Wardrobe: none

Video Game Systems Owned: Wii but damn if we don;t use it anymore - just like DSL
Favorite Game(s): Does Pac Man still count?
Music/Bands You Like: Springsteen,Dylan, Paul Simon, Willie, Lucinda Williams, Emmylou, Credence - definitely mostly old school. Tom Russell is a guy most haven't heard of. Try him.
Favorite Movie(s): Goodfellas, Schindler's List, The Sting, nothing recent
Favorite TV Show: currrently Chicago PD & binge watching Suits. Sopranos, Wire, Seinfeld, All in the Family
Favorite Food: port tenderloin, ice cream
Libation of choice: beer and red wine (not together)
Most Interesting/Unusual Person/Entity You Follow on Twitter/IG: What's Twitter?

Reactions: Bobcat110

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
Don't know when or for how long you lived in Cbus... but Tom played(s) here a bunch on a folk/Americana artist series a friend of mine puts on. Should I assume you've been to one or two of those?

Got to see one. Also Dave Alvin & Chuck Prophet. The shows are one of the things I miss most about Columbus.

Finner

Dec 8, 2018
(Real) Name: Bill
Age you act: 12 thru 85
Birthplace: New Jersey
Where you live: Florida
Distinguishing Physical Characteristic: Constantly mistaken for a young Brad Pitt
Mode of Transportation: Hyundai Sonata
Job: retired
College Attended/Attending:Ohio University

How you became a Jackets' fan: Went to first NHL exhibition at the Schott between Devils & Pens. Got hooked on hockey and when the Jackets arrived I hopped on board not realizing they would help satisfy my masochistic tendencies for many years.
Favorite Jackets Player: Zach & Seth
Favorite NON Jackets Player: Artemi Panarin
Hockey Jerseys In Wardrobe: none

Video Game Systems Owned: Wii but damn if we don;t use it anymore - just like DSL
Favorite Game(s): Does Pac Man still count?
Music/Bands You Like: Springsteen,Dylan, Paul Simon, Willie, Lucinda Williams, Emmylou, Credence - definitely mostly old school. Tom Russell is a guy most haven't heard of. Try him.
Favorite Movie(s): Goodfellas, Schindler's List, The Sting, nothing recent
Favorite TV Show: currrently Chicago PD & binge watching Suits. Sopranos, Wire, Seinfeld, All in the Family
Favorite Food: port tenderloin, ice cream
Libation of choice: beer and red wine (not together)
Most Interesting/Unusual Person/Entity You Follow on Twitter/IG: What's Twitter?

I have allways liked your posts, but after reading this, i think you are my favourite poster of all time. (Is poster right word or did i just say you are my favourite pic on the paper?)

Reactions: Madifer and EspenK

Hipster Letestu

Aug 2, 2009
Westerville
(Real) Name: Classified
Age you act: 40
Birthplace: Washington, D.C.
Where you live: Columbus
Distinguishing Physical Characteristic: My height, I'm pretty short.
Nationality: Scottish/English/German/Dutch
Mode of Transportation: Toyota Camry
Job: Law enforcement (hence the classified name)
College Attended/Attending: THE Ohio State University

How you became a Jackets' fan: Grew up watching the Capitals, had a change of fandom with the new team
Favorite Jackets Player: Cam. Us little guys gotta stick together!
Favorite NON Jackets Player: Ovechkin, Evander Kane, Panarin
Favorite piece of Blue Jacket paraphernalia (souvenir): Some practice pucks Jared Boll lobbed at my kids
Hockey Jerseys In Wardrobe: CBJ Umberger jersey

Video Game Systems Owned: PS4, Switch
Favorite Game(s): Mario Kart, Last of Us, God of War, Horizon: Zero Dawn, Breath of the Wild, Infamous
Music/Bands You Like: The Bones of J.R. Jones, Black Keys, Royal Blood, Cold War Kids, Arcade Fire, Spoon, Rush, Tom Petty, Vampire Weekend, Jack White, Talking Heads
Favorite Movie(s): The Martian, Die Hard, Lord of the Rings, Black Hawk Down, Zero Dark Thirty, The VVitch, End of Watch, Tremors, The Godfather, The Mummy
Favorite TV Show: Seinfeld, The Mentalist, Brooklyn 99, Forged in Fire, Ink Master
Favorite Food: Fish
Libation of choice: Rum & Coke, sour beers
Most Interesting/Unusual Person/Entity You Follow on Twitter/IG: Patton Oswalt is hilarious

CharlotteJacket

Apr 11, 2013
Charlotte, NC
(Real) Name: Jonathan
Age you act: in real life, 63... hidden behind anonymous chatroom, 14-63
Birthplace: Columbus
Where you live: Matthews, NC
Distinguishing Physical Characteristic: Tall 6'6"
Nationality: British Isles. Mostly Irish with a pinch of Scottish, English and Welsh
Mode of Transportation: Caddy XT5
Job: Retired from Wells Fargo
College Attended/Attending: Duke

How you became a Jackets' fan: Born in Columbus and followed Columbus or Cleveland teams my whole life
Favorite Jackets Player: Oliver Bjorkstrand now. Former CBJer Geoff Sanderson
Favorite NON Jackets Player: Sidney Crosby plus the old timer Guy Lafleur
Favorite piece of Blue Jacket paraphernalia (souvenir): I caught a puck when the Bruins were at Nationwide. Nice CBJ logo on it
Hockey Jerseys In Wardrobe: Not a jersey guy.

Video Game Systems Owned: Did I tell you I was 63?
Favorite Game(s):
Music/Bands You Like: Pink Floyd No.1 but there are about 100 bands I like
Favorite Movie(s): Stalag 17, Shawshank, Dumb & Dumber ( I know) Wiz of Oz ( I know), Casablanca, French Connection
Favorite TV Show: Jeopardy
Favorite Food: Rubino's pizza in Bexley or a real good steak
Libation of choice: Miller High Life
Most Interesting/Unusual Person/Entity You Follow on Twitter/IG: Actor James Woods and Portzline

Last edited:

Derby

Pilsners in Prague
Sponsor
Dec 30, 2009
Ohio
(Real) Name: Jill
Age you act: I taught seventh grade for 32 years. So, I am perpetually stuck with the maturity of a 12-13 year old. For example, there was a story we read every year that I'd say to the kids, "turn to page 70....OOPS! Back one page, sorry." NEVER EVER say the word 69 in a classroom of newly adolescent humans. NEVER.
Sex: F
Birthplace: Cleveland (still feel more like a Clevelander than Cbus 'er after 30+ years here)
Where you live: Delaware County
Distinguishing Physical Characteristic: I look like a mom.
Nationality: Father was as 100% French as we could tell as we traced our famly back through the 1500's in France, then Canada, then USA. Mother was Slovak/Slovenian/Austrian
Mode of Transportation: Current Impala SS, shopping for a new car.
Job: Retired from Teaching. Doing some independent consulting with teacher training here and there.
College Attended/Attending: Miami University undergrad. Masters at Ashland.

How you became a Jackets' fan: HUGE pro sports fan growing up in Cleveland. When I got to Cbus, it truly confused me why folks were so wild about an amateur football team from a college they didn't even attend. It still confuses me all these years later. So, when Jackets came on the scene and my kids and I attended a couple games, I was HOOKED. Now I have full season tickets in club and half season lower. I am ridiculous.
Favorite Jackets Player: All-time? Jake Voracek, and it aint even close for second place. Gus Nyquist, Seth Jones, Gavrikov right now. Boone's an easy player to like, too.
Favorite NON Jackets Player: Anze Kopitar. And I do like watching Panerin.
Favorite piece of Blue Jacket paraphernalia (souvenir): a single game used Tyutin glove embroidered with RIP Lokomotiv and the date. He got special permiaaion from the NHL for that. I am honored to own it.
Hockey Jerseys In Wardrobe: Embarassed to say I have over 35. Among my favorites are a game-issued MacKenzie, several Voracek sweaters, and the HFC Jenner jersey my friend purchased for me in the Foundation's game auction the week I was diagnosed with breast cancer.

Video Game Systems Owned: Yah...no.
Favorite Game(s):
Music/Bands You Like: Not much for music, but I like Amy Winehouse, soome old rat pack stuff, and a few others. Often drive with no music at all.
Favorite Movie(s): Out of Africa, Princess Bride, Sandlot, Remember the Titans, Bad Words
Favorite TV Show: Masterpiece Theatre Shows on PBS is my current go to. All time, I love anything Julia-Louis Dreyfus does: Seinfeld, New Adventures of Old Christine, and VEEP.
Favorite Food: Brussels Sprouts charred with lemon aioli, All sorts of seafood, a really good filet mignon, etoufee.
Libation of choice: Not a big drinker. Won a contest called "Crown with the Coach" some years back. Todd Richards told me to try Crown with 7 up. It was pretty good. Now, at my house we call that drink "a Todd."
Most Interesting/Unusual Person/Entity You Follow on Twitter/IG: My daughter​

Reactions: cslebn and Viqsi

OldGoaltender

Jul 17, 2006
The Triad NC
(Real) Name: Chris
Age you act: Depends on the time and place

Birthplace: Columbus OH
Where you live: Kernersville NC
Distinguishing Physical Characteristic: Old
Mode of Transportation: Mazda 6
Job: Retired Clergy still Hospital Chaplain and active in the Altar (Orthodox)
College Attended/Attending: OSU/Mercer/Concordia Sem

How you became a Jackets' fan: Lifelong hockey fan played goalie always wanted Columbus to get a team.
Favorite Jackets Player:
Favorite NON Jackets Player: Tony Esposito
Hockey Jerseys In Wardrobe: Esposito Blackhawks

Video Game Systems Owned: XBox
Favorite Game(s): NBA 2K
Music/Bands You Like: Oldies, Big Band, Crooners
Favorite Movie(s): Godfather, Star Wars 4-5
Favorite TV Show: Raymond
Favorite Food: Pizza, Hamburgers, French Fries
Libation of choice: Wine
Most Interesting/Unusual Person/Entity You Follow on Twitter/IG:

Theo Von

gang gang buzz buzz
Nov 15, 2013
(Real) Name: Chris
Age you act: Depends on the time and place

Birthplace: Columbus OH
Where you live: Kernersville NC
Distinguishing Physical Characteristic: Old
Mode of Transportation: Mazda 6
Job: Retired Clergy still Hospital Chaplain and active in the Altar (Orthodox)
College Attended/Attending: OSU/Mercer/Concordia Sem

How you became a Jackets' fan: Lifelong hockey fan played goalie always wanted Columbus to get a team.
Favorite Jackets Player:
Favorite NON Jackets Player: Tony Esposito
Hockey Jerseys In Wardrobe: Esposito Blackhawks

Video Game Systems Owned: XBox
Favorite Game(s): NBA 2K
Music/Bands You Like: Oldies, Big Band, Crooners
Favorite Movie(s): Godfather, Star Wars 4-5
Favorite TV Show: Raymond
Favorite Food: Pizza, Hamburgers, French Fries
Libation of choice: Wine
Most Interesting/Unusual Person/Entity You Follow on Twitter/IG:

small world, one of my best buddies is from Kernersville!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad