Getting the right shaft for a shaft/blade combo

mbeam

Jun 8, 2008
So I just bought a Sherwood T90 PP26 tapered replacement blade through hockeymonkey and I'm looking at what shaft to buy for it. My main concern is balance. If I get too light of a shaft will it feel awkward? I'm not sure how the T90 blade compares in weight to some of the others but I'm sure it's probably heavier than the one95 or S19 replacement blades. I want to get something fairly high end. I want to have a light stick. I play with a CCM U+ CL with a Tavares pattern, my other stick being an old Rhythm7 with the PP26 from Stastny. I'm trying to combine the best of both worlds, a lightweight feel with a pattern I love.

(I've chosen to put this together myself because both the RM19 and T90 Sherwood's have such thick shafts and, being a smaller player, they feel awkward in my hands. I also can't find a pattern i like more than the PP26 from Sherwood [no one sells it in stores!!])

So what would you suggest? If I go for one of the lightest shafts do I run the risk of having a far too blade heavy stick?

Jarick

Doing Nothing
Not really...the only super light weight tapered shafts were the TPS XN10's, but you can't find those ANYWHERE now. The Dolomite, Synergy, Reebok, etc shafts are all about the same weight and performance and should balance out fine with that blade.

mbeam

Jun 8, 2008
What flex are you looking for? An intermediate shaft could fit a tapered senior blade if you feel that senior shafts are to big.

A normal senior shaft is not too big. The RM19 and T90 shafts are extra bulky.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad