Get Your Avs Pump-Up Fix

The Merchant

Sponsor
Aug 2, 2011
El Pueblo
Wow, never would I have guessed that Florence and the Machine would pair well with a hockey highlight video, but you pulled it off. Bravo! :handclap:

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
Yeah that was probably the best highlight reel video I've seen in a long time, it had a professional feel to it.

Please send this to the Avs PR department and apply for a job, loved the Varly fist pumps at the end.

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
Great work. After the loss last night it feels good to remember how the organisation has changed and what it was last season.

I love the MacKinnon goal against Minny. I could watch that release a million times over. The Varly shootout win also stands out.

Lonewolfe2015

Rom Com Male Lead
Sponsor
Dec 2, 2007
Nice video, checked out your 12-13 highlight one too. Good stuff, keep em coming!

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Sorry, but I can't get into it.

I think a speed metal song would have been much better.

Something like,

would have been better IMO. Since you used a lot of hard hits and speed goals in your montage.

BoxOfChocolates

Mar 7, 2010
Well IMO, the music worked perfectly and I would have turned it off within seconds had it been metal.

JoeSakic13

May 30, 2013
San Francisco
I think using speed metal is kinda a cop-out. He used a song that (although admittedly has a slow start and some very slow parts) was up-tempo AND had the most repeated lyrics be something that heavily relates to the subject matter. Is there a song that is able to do both of those better? I can't really think of one that doesn't clock a 10.0 on the cliche-musicometer.

Nihiliste

Feb 8, 2010
Great video man, awesome work. I will admit I got Charlie Sheen flashbacks when you had Roy interject "Winning" in the middle though. :laugh:

Sorry, but I can't get into it.

I think a speed metal song would have been much better.

Something like,

would have been better IMO. Since you used a lot of hard hits and speed goals in your montage.

Whatever man, the song was a unique choice and better than any of those bands regardless.

MiggityMiggityMack*

Great video man, awesome work. I will admit I got Charlie Sheen flashbacks when you had Roy interject "Winning" in the middle though. :laugh:

Whatever man, the song was a unique choice and better than any of those bands regardless.
He's right, metal better compliments hockey. Hard to get into when it's some lady singing. Very good editing though. I'm currently making an Avs video with a metalish type song that I think people will like.

Nihiliste

Feb 8, 2010
He's right, metal better compliments hockey. Hard to get into when it's some lady singing. Very good editing though. I'm currently making an Avs video with a metalish type song that I think people will like.

I love metal but there are 289853160358 metal and rock highlight videos per year

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
I'm not saying that metal makes every montage better (no way it does), what I was saying is that particular montage should have had a faster song, either punk, rap, or death metal. IMO.

I love the montage itself, just not feeling it as one of my favourites.

MiggityMiggityMack*

The guys seem to like rap, they are using more rap in warm ups now. That would be different. But its up to whoever is doing the video, creative vision and all that.
Doesn't really hit the NHL fan demographic too well. Not too many NHL fans are avid rap fans.

Bubba Thudd

is getting banned
Jul 19, 2005
Avaland
The song used isn't one of my favorite songs, but I think it fits the video nicely -- "The Dog Days Are Over". Yes, they certainly appear to be. Thankfully.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad