Married with 2 kids

3) Occupation
Business Owner (Fast Food Franchise)

4) Where were you born or hatched
Edmonton

5) How did you find this site
Found it during the 2004-2005 lockout.

6) How did you come up with your screen name

Thought of something fast that I can change later.

7) Explain your avatar
Haven't added one yet

8) Favorite HF moment(good or bad)

McDavid Lottery win

9) Least favorite HF moment

Canucks 2011 run

10) Most memorable hf discussion

None come to mind.

11) Are u a season ticket holder/how many home games do you plan on going to

Have a share. I go to about half

12) Favorite EDMONTON based media personality

Don't have one

13) Least favorite EDMONTON based media personality

Don't have one

14) TSN/Sportsnet/TheScore-- which is you go to station for highlights

TSN

15) Favorite vacation of all time

Hawaii

16) Least favorite vacation

Liked them all

17) OILER Prospect you have the most hope for

Caleb Jones

18) Oiler prospect you have your concerns about

Pool Party

19) Oiler you predict will step up this year

RNH

20) Oiler you suspect will take a step back

Benning

21) Favorite Oiler of all time

Weight
22) Least favorite oiler of all time

Pronger.

23) Oiler moment that caused you to go WTF out loud

McDavid Lottery Win

24) Favorite EDMONTON radio station

25) you get stuck on an Island for the entire Hockey season, there is enough food and booze to last the season and there is a bar showing all the hockey in the season--which 3 oiler posters would you want to be stuck with?

Too new here to say...

Reactions: The Head Crusher

NeverForget06

Here we go again !
Jan 7, 2013
Edmonton
1) AgeSexLocation 22 M Edmonton
2) Single/Married Kids Single
3) Occupation Student
4) Where were you born or hatched Edmonton
5) How did you find this site heard it was a good place to meet women
6) How did you come up with your screen name 06 Cup run.. only good Oilers memories I had until recently. So I am nostalgic about those times
7) Explain your avatar the chops !
8) Favorite HF moment(good or bad) freaking out about McDavid (although I only came back to it later, wasn't online when it happened)
9) Least favorite HF moment probably the Hall trade, I just got sick of it being the only topic of conversation
10) Most memorable hf discussion also probably the Hall trade. Or some OKG craziness
11) Are u a season ticket holder/how many home games do you plan on going to My dad splits seasons with a buddy of his so im fortunate enough to go to around 10 a year.
12) Favorite EDMONTON based media personality Gregor?
13) Least favorite EDMONTON based media personality Remenda counts right? My answer is him !
14) TSN/Sportsnet/TheScore-- which is you go to station for highlights Whatever is showing highlights at the time. If I really want to see something I'll go to twitter
15) Favorite vacation of all time Maui
16) Least favorite vacation Haven't had a bad one
17) OILER Prospect you have the most hope for Yamamoto I think. He's been special this preseason.
18) Oiler prospect you have your concerns aboutBenson. I saw him a couple times back in minor hockey and thought he would be a top ten pick. Totally different level. But injuries have really changed that. I really hope he can stay healthy
19) Oiler you predict will step up this year Benning
20) Oiler you suspect will take a step back Maroon probably won't score as many as last season. Also don't think he'll be that bad.
21) Favorite Oiler of all time Smyth. The Oiler of my childhood
22) Least favorite oiler of all time Pronger !
23) Oiler moment that caused you to go WTF out loud I saw the Omark spinoramma live and I said WTF out loud as it happened
24) Favorite EDMONTON radio station 1260? Don't listen to much radio
25) you get stuck on an Island for the entire Hockey season, there is enough food and booze to last the season and there is a bar showing all the hockey in the season--which 3 oiler posters would you want to be stuck with? Tough to say... do I pick those who I find funny or those who have more "creative" opinions?

Last edited:
Reactions: The Head Crusher

VainGretzky

Jun 4, 2015
1) AgeSexLocation 55 m Central Alberta
2) Single/Married Kids divorced x 2 kids 2
3) Occupation Pro Gambler
4) Where were you born or hatched Congo
5) How did you find this site Looking up a player
6) How did you come up with your screen name Was going to name something else till I seen this pic
7) Explain your avatar Above
11) Are u a season ticket holder/how many home games do you plan on going to no
12) Favorite EDMONTON based media personality Low tide
13) Least favorite EDMONTON based media personality Jason Gregor and his Oil trolling
14) TSN/Sportsnet/TheScore-- which is you go to station for highlights neither
15) Favorite vacation of all time Bali
16) Least favorite vacation dumb question
17) OILER Prospect you have the most hope for Yamamoto
18) Oiler prospect you have your concerns about Benson
19) Oiler you predict will step up this year Nurse
20) Oiler you suspect will take a step back Larsson
21) Favorite Oiler of all time See Avatar
22) Least favorite oiler of all time Garry Unger
23) Oiler moment that caused you to go WTF out loud To Many
25) you get stuck on an Island for the entire Hockey season, there is enough food and booze to last the season and there is a bar showing all the hockey in the season--which 3 oiler posters would you want to be stuck with?

PaPaDee

5-14-6-1
Sep 21, 2005
Saskazoo
1) AgeSexLocation 33 M Saskatoon
2) Single/Married Kids Married, 2 kids
3) Occupation Human Resources
4) Where were you born or hatched Saskatoon
5) How did you find this site Can't recall, it was a long time ago
6) How did you come up with your screen name Nickname
7) Explain your avatar Here's to feeling good all the time
8) Favorite HF moment(good or bad) Probably winning the McDavid draft lottery
9) Least favorite HF moment Nothing comes to mind
10) Most memorable hf discussion Uncertain
11) Are u a season ticket holder/how many home games do you plan on going to Not a season ticket holder, I try to get out for 2-3 games ever year.
12) Favorite EDMONTON based media personality Since I don't live in Edmonton, I don't really have one.
13) Least favorite EDMONTON based media personality See above
14) TSN/Sportsnet/TheScore-- which is you go to station for highlights Sportsnet typically
15) Favorite vacation of all time Japan
16) Least favorite vacation Is there such a thing as a bad vacation?
17) OILER Prospect you have the most hope for Caleb Jones
18) Oiler prospect you have your concerns about JP, never liked the pick from the beginning.
19) Oiler you predict will step up this year Lucic will have a big year
20) Oiler you suspect will take a step back Draisaitl
21) Favorite Oiler of all time Without saying McDavid, I'll go with Weight.
22) Least favorite oiler of all time Probably Pronger
23) Oiler moment that caused you to go WTF out loud Probably the Stefan missed open net, and then Hemsky scores afterwards
24) Favorite EDMONTON radio station I don't live in Edmonton
25) you get stuck on an Island for the entire Hockey season, there is enough food and booze to last the season and there is a bar showing all the hockey in the season--which 3 oiler posters would you want to be stuck with? Not sure...

Paralyzer

Hyman >>> Matthews
Sep 29, 2006
Somewhere Up North
1) AgeSexLocation - 30, Male, Edmonton
2) Single/Married Kids - Single
3) Occupation - Head Custodian in EPSB
4) Where were you born or hatched - Edmonton
5) How did you find this site - Just happened to come across it after the 2006 Stanley Cup run
6) How did you come up with your screen name - Originally I was called 'Evil Oilers' when Lowe did those offer sheets but then after the whole 'dark days', I changed it to Paralyzer as it seemed everything we did I'd have to take a Paralyzer just to get out of the 'dark days'.
7) Explain your avatar - Just Kassian doing his eye thing. Hope that scares people this year :naughty:
8) Favorite HF moment(good or bad) - Whenever OKG doesn't take his meds and goes in a mental state that no can comprehend.
9) Least favorite HF moment - When people here call for Chia's head because of 1 bad move.
10) Most memorable hf discussion - Hall for Larsson trade. I backed it up from the very beginning and now I can say "I TOLD YOU SO!"
11) Are u a season ticket holder/how many home games do you plan on going to - No, I'm poor AF. Unless you give me free tickets to go, I don't plan to go.
12) Favorite EDMONTON based media personality - Dustin Nielson
13) Least favorite EDMONTON based media personality - Jason Gregor (Mr. Politically Correct can go eat his shorts), Robin Brownlee (He can go suck an egg) and Mark Spector (He shits on Edmonton when they are down then as soon as they egt better, praises them like he never shat on Edmonton before)
14) TSN/Sportsnet/TheScore-- which is you go to station for highlights - TSN
15) Favorite vacation of all time - Going to Mexico in 2012. Had a blast.
16) Least favorite vacation - Going to Cuba. Got there, threw up for a whole day, then headed back due to an emergency at home.
17) OILER Prospect you have the most hope for - Puljujarvi and Bear. I have always supported these two.
18) Oiler prospect you have your concerns about - Benson. He's looking like the next Pitlick.
19) Oiler you predict will step up this year - RNH. I think he will surprise a lot of people in the league and will be a sought after asset after this season.
20) Oiler you suspect will take a step back - If I had to pick one, it'd be Maroon. I think he scores only 20 this year.
21) Favorite Oiler of all time - Steve Staios. He was my favorite not because of his play, but after meeting him 3 different times, he actually remembered my name those 3 times!
22) Least favorite oiler of all time - Souray, Moreau and Pronger. All three I have met and all three had awful attitudes and will never support them.
23) Oiler moment that caused you to go WTF out loud - Kassian taking on OEL and Duclair last year. First time I have seen them go bat crazy. Was a huge adrenaline pump.
24) Favorite EDMONTON radio station - TSN 1260
25) you get stuck on an Island for the entire Hockey season, there is enough food and booze to last the season and there is a bar showing all the hockey in the season--which 3 oiler posters would you want to be stuck with? Jimmi Jenkins, Del McPreston (Cannot afford to NOT have him with. Need his GIFs), and The Head Crusher.

Xelebes

Jun 10, 2007
Edmonton, Alberta
1) AgeSexLocation

32, Edmonton

2) Single/Married Kids

Single

Saskatoon

From Skyscraperpage

I've had this name since the year 1999. I forget.

No. I've only gone to two Oiler games and one of them was pre-season. I've been to one Oil Kings game.

Will have to think on this.

Lorraine Mansbridge

Whatever is playing at the bar. I don't have TV so. . . Does Youtube count?

I never go on vacations and when I do, I tend not to enjoy myself.

There was that one time I attempted suicide. . .

I don't really follow prospects.

Same.

No clue. Willing to be entertained.

Don't want to think about it.

Doug Weight

Shayne Corson

CBC Radio 1. The morning show is all I listen to it.

I'm pretty sure there are other locals around.

fancy dan

too many losing
Jun 21, 2011
amazed that the posters here seem to be predominantly over 30. i assumed everyone was like 15.

DipsyMcDoodles

Apr 6, 2014
Edmonton
1) AgeSexLocation - 20/M/Edmonton
2) Single/Married Kids - Single.
3) Occupation - Tutor.
4) Where were you born or hatched - Vancouver :eek:
5) How did you find this site - When those spicy Gagner for Clifford rumors came up.
6) How did you come up with your screen name - Phrase that my friend used to make fun of Hall.
7) Explain your avatar - LOLtestu man.
8) Favorite HF moment(good or bad) - The lottery thread was amazing.
9) Least favorite HF moment - MacT's end of year presser before the lottery. Although it was both my least favorite and one of my favorite moments in how we banded together in our crippling depression.
10) Most memorable hf discussion - Hall for Larsson trade.
11) Are u a season ticket holder/how many home games do you plan on going to - No/Planning on going to 2-3 hopefully.
12) Favorite EDMONTON based media personality - Lowetide, although I don't mind Stauffer
13) Least favorite EDMONTON based media personality - Eh. Don't dislike anyone
14) TSN/Sportsnet/TheScore-- which is you go to station for highlights - TSN
15) Favorite vacation of all time - Disneyland
16) Least favorite vacation - Philippines
17) OILER Prospect you have the most hope for - YAMAMOJO BABY!
18) Oiler prospect you have your concerns about - Pulju :/
19) Oiler you predict will step up this year - Yamamojo!
20) Oiler you suspect will take a step back - Maroon
21) Favorite Oiler of all time - Connor/Drai/Letestu are making their cases
22) Least favorite oiler of all time - Schultz, Justin.
23) Oiler moment that caused you to go WTF out loud - Never forget the swarm.
24) Favorite EDMONTON radio station - 630 CHED.
25) you get stuck on an Island for the entire Hockey season, there is enough food and booze to last the season and there is a bar showing all the hockey in the season--which 3 oiler posters would you want to be stuck with? Del McPreston and Fitter. Honestly just for the GIFs and pump up videos. [/QUOTE]

J4M13

Jul 23, 2008
1) AgeSexLocation - 41 – male – Saint John NB
2) Single/Married Kids - Married, 2 girls. 1 Habs fan, 1 Oil fan
3) Occupation - Insurance claims
4) Where were you born or hatched – Fredericton NB
5) How did you find this site – through a QMJHL message board
6) How did you come up with your screen name – It's my name. Technically, my parents came up with it
7) Explain your avatar – it was a promo pic of McDavid. Now it's a question mark
8) Favorite HF moment(good or bad) – The McDavid lottery
9) Least favorite HF moment - Every outlandish proposal for Oilers' stars for other teams' spare parts
10) Most memorable hf discussion - McDavid
11) Are u a season ticket holder/how many home games do you plan on going to – Sadly, zero. I've made it to Montreal for the Oil visits the last couple years but it's just not in the cards this year
12) Favorite EDMONTON based media personality – Probably Willis. Jury's still out on The Athletic though
13) Least favorite EDMONTON based media personality – Probably either Spector for his years of negativity about the Oilers, or Remenda for essentially the same reason
14) TSN/Sportsnet/TheScore-- which is you go to station for highlights – Jay and Dan are still my cup of (Tim Hortons) tea, but barring them, I'll watch either.
15) Favorite vacation of all time – Taking my 4 year old to Disneyworld
16) Least favorite vacation – One time in the Dominican. The other times were great, just luck of the draw
17) OILER Prospect you have the most hope for – Ostap safin. He's playing for my Sea Dogs this year
18) Oiler prospect you have your concerns about – Benson – I wish him well, but staying healthy is a skill
19) Oiler you predict will step up this year – Kris Russell
20) Oiler you suspect will take a step back – Cam Talbot – not that he'll be bad, just slightly less super-human
21) Favorite Oiler of all time – Kevin Lowe the player
22) Least favorite oiler of all time – Kevin Lowe the executive
23) Oiler moment that caused you to go WTF out loud – In the good way: I'm not prone to emotional reactions, but winning the McDavid lottery is a fun one.
In the bad way: pretty much every officials' review last season
24) Favorite EDMONTON radio station – dunno. I don't listen. But it's probably all better than here.
25) you get stuck on an Island for the entire Hockey season, there is enough food and booze to last the season and there is a bar showing all the hockey in the season--which 3 oiler posters would you want to be stuck with? – I dunno. Someone I disagree with, someone who agrees with me, and someone to cuddle with (strictly for warmth!)

Brian McDavid

Aug 4, 2017
Oil City Roadhouse
As per a tradition that started a decade ago--we are nearly upon a new season and we are about to kick of our usually ranting about everything under the sun. And getting a little bit more information about your fellow posters sometimes makes this on line community feel a little more real and not just words, pictures and videos on the screen

here are these years questions

1) AgeSexLocation
2) Single/Married Kids
3) Occupation
7) Explain your avatar
As per a tradition that started a decade ago--we are nearly upon a new season and we are about to kick of our usually ranting about everything under the sun. And getting a little bit more information about your fellow posters sometimes makes this on line community feel a little more real and not just words, pictures and videos on the screen

here are these years questions

1) AgeSexLocation
2) Single/Married Kids
3) Occupation
7) Explain your avatar

First off, nice work on the thread, Shark. I'm gonna be a little more concise with my answers:

• Single, 30 YO, Male, no kids, living in ICE district...HYPE
  • Hatched in Southern California but lived in Edmonton for 26 Years
  • Favorite Oiler is unfortunately Pronger bc he truly made me an Oiler fan (18 years old for 06' run... what a time), but I'll say Dougie Weight. Least favorite is probably Russel unfortunately
  • Passionate dislike for the Toronto Maple Leafs, Drew Remenda, and Dallas Eakins. Love Principe, don't care how corny he is
  • Work has season seats, I'll attend around 15 regular season and every playoff game (I'll pay out of pocket if need be). Will likely watch 70+ games
  • Fave moment undoubtedly was Oilers winning McDavid, and all the hate we received for it.
  • I predict big things for Klefbom, establishes himself as a premier guy this season. Drai takes a step back in point production.
  • Listen to 1260 to and from work most days, big Gregor fan.
  • Don't really know any other posters, but I would love to fistfight Kammicolo or whatever that idiot Leaf fan's name is.

That's all, Go Oil!

Last edited:

Took a pill in Sbisa

2showToffoliIwascool
Apr 23, 2004
Australia
1) AgeSexLocation 29 /M/ Gold Coast, Australia
2) Single/Married Kids Married a week and a half ago, too young for kids
3) Occupation Been doing environmental work for the past 5 years but trying to get out of it
4) Where were you born or hatched Edmonton
5) How did you find this site Was about 14 years ago. I can't even remember what I did a month ago. I remember migrating from the edmontonoilers.com forum, so I must have found it from there.
6) How did you come up with your screen name Was Bergeron47 up until this year as MAB was my favourite Oiler when I joined this site, but thought the name was a bit stale as it's been so long since he's been in the league and people probably just assume the name had to do with Patrice Bergeron. As for my current one, I like puns and I like the song.
7) Explain your avatar Superbad is my all time favourite movie and when McDavid was entering the league, this photo reminded me of Fogel because they were both seemingly too young to be the hero.
8) Favorite HF moment(good or bad) Probably the '06 cup run
9) Least favorite HF moment Hard to pick just one from the decade of darkness. Maybe the year or 2 before McDavid was drafted and everyone was predicting we finish ahead of teams like Calgary and San Jose. There was a lack of realists.
10) Most memorable hf discussion Justin Schultz?
11) Are u a season ticket holder/how many home games do you plan on going to Was a 1/4 season ticket holder until moving to AU in '08
12) Favorite EDMONTON based media personality Despite popular opinion I like the Gregor and Rishaug combo. Also liked Tencer as he was the only one to admit the Oilers sucked when they did.
13) Least favorite EDMONTON based media personality Robin Brownlee. Was stoked when we got the boot from Gregor's show. For someone that has such a longstanding history covering the team, he never seemed that knowledgeable or NHL-savvy. Also can't stand when Brendan Ullrich fills in for Stauffer on Oilers Now. Living in Australia I only listen to podcasts, so I listen to virtually all of Oilers Now and the Oilers-relevant segments of Gregor, but I specifically don't listen to Oilers Now when Ullrich hosts. He just doesn't strike me as having as more knowledge than the average fan you see at an Oilers game. I think a lot of us posters would put him to shame.
14) TSN/Sportsnet/TheScore-- which is you go to station for highlights NHL Gamecenter
15) Favorite vacation of all time Coming to Australia with my 5 best friends. Loved it so much I stayed.
16) Least favorite vacation Hard to have a least favourite vacation, but maybe Gabriola Island (BC Coast) with my family as a kid? Was bored as hell, nothing to do for kids there
17) OILER Prospect you have the most hope for Puljujarvi. I seem to be a lot more patient than a lot of posters here. Still so young and has all the right tools.
18) Oiler prospect you have your concerns aboutTyler Benson. Players his age with his injury history don't just 'get healthy'
19) Oiler you predict will step up this year *Hoping* for one of Nurse or Benning.
20) Oiler you suspect will take a step back Letestu maybe? Hard to imagine he matches last year's production. Wouldn't be surprised to see a bit less PP icetime with Strome and Pulj in the mix
21) Favorite Oiler of all time Weight, Cujo, Smyth, MAB, Hall, McDavid
22) Least favorite oiler of all time Hated Cory Cross
23) Oiler moment that caused you to go WTF out loud The MacT/Lowe press conference. You know the one
24) Favorite EDMONTON radio station Dont have one, but exclusively listen to Oilers Now and Gregor show podcasts
Dont really mentally build up posting history with specific users. Couldn't tell ya. Only have noticed one or two that I've disliked through the years.

dustrock

Too Legit To Quit
Sep 22, 2008
Thanks for doing this, JTS. ALways interesting to learn about internet friends.

1) AgeSexLocation 40, M, Edmonton
2) Single/Married Kids Married, 1 daughter
3) Occupation - lawyer
4) Where were you born or hatched - at the Miz
5) How did you find this site - can't remember, might have got it from s7ark. Lurked for years.
6) How did you come up with your screen name - old stupid Backstreet Boys nickname I think
7) Explain your avatar - it's BB-8 from Star Wars.
8) Favorite HF moment(good or bad) - Definitely McDavid Lotto Ticket.
9) Least favorite HF moment - Probably the Hall trade. I think that ruined hockey for some fans and they might not ever recover.
10) Most memorable hf discussion - I remember Taylor v. Tyler. Mac T being named GM. Anything involving Schremp or especially Omark.
11) Are u a season ticket holder/how many home games do you plan on going to - find it harder to put money into pro sports TBH. Probably 2-3 games per year.
12) Favorite EDMONTON based media personality - Allan Mitchell (Lowetide)
13) Least favorite EDMONTON based media personality - Spector by an order of magnitude, but really can't stand Quinn/Remenda.
14) TSN/Sportsnet/TheScore-- which is you go to station for highlights - Probably TSN when I had cable. Now it's usually twitter.
15) Favorite vacation of all time - tough one. Backpacking to Berg Lake (Mount Robson) or Italy.
16) Least favorite vacation - Regina.
17) OILER Prospect you have the most hope for - Yamamoto. Thought he had a shot in 2-3 years but he's shown very well here.
18) Oiler prospect you have your concerns about - Benson. Thought it a maddening pick at the time given the injury concerns.
19) Oiler you predict will step up this year - I think Puljujarvi will go down for a few games to start and then be back up rest of the season, like Drai.
20) Oiler you suspect will take a step back - Bear was fire in the WHL, but I think he's overhyped. Curious to see how he does in the AHL.
21) Favorite Oiler of all time - Glenn Anderson
22) Least favorite oiler of all time - Shayne Corson
23) Oiler moment that caused you to go WTF out loud Other than Gretzky trade? Katz threatens to move to Seattle. Mac T as GM. Oilers/Ducks this playoffs.
24) Favorite EDMONTON radio station Sports radio? I guess 1260. Probably CBC otherwise.
25) you get stuck on an Island for the entire Hockey season, there is enough food and booze to last the season and there is a bar showing all the hockey in the season--which 3 oiler posters would you want to be stuck with? Been longtime friends with s7ark. Other than that, probably Narnia and Replacement.

Porkleaker

Mar 19, 2017
Onterrible
1) AgeSexLocation 37/m/Onterrible
2) Single/Married Kids Single
3) Occupation Video Editor
4) Where were you born or hatched Hamilstink Ont
5) How did you find this site Searching hockey news/opinions on Google, lurked for a long time.
6) How did you come up with your screen name Do you really want to know? I'll get banned for sure..
7) Explain your avatar: Everyone knows this story
8) Favorite HF moment(good or bad) All of last season
9) Least favorite HF moment Ducks fans even though technically we beat them
10) Most memorable hf discussion n/a
11) Are u a season ticket holder/how many home games do you plan on going to I wish, I'll hopefully get to see them in Ottawa and then maybe fly out West and see them,
12) Favorite EDMONTON based media personality I wish I knew, I'm surrounded by Leafs and Ottawa fans
13) Least favorite EDMONTON based media personality Ryan Rishaug I know as much
14) TSN/Sportsnet/TheScore-- which is you go to station for highlights I just youtube, there are so many bad sites and video players out there.
15) Favorite vacation of all time I wouldn't call it a vacation but when I was in Jr High in Edmonton they used to send us to the mountains for a week or so as a class trip, learned a lot , Andrew Ference was even there. Nordegg.
16) Least favorite vacation Calgary
17) OILER Prospect you have the most hope for Yamamoto
18) Oiler prospect you have your concerns about Benson
19) Oiler you predict will step up this year Not necessarily breakout, but I see more of Kassians goals counting this season and he's such a beast when the chips are down.
20) Oiler you suspect will take a step back Draisaitl depending if he's running his own line or on McDavid's wing, he's probably got the most pressure on him and Talbot, he's been a rock but he played a ridiculous amount of games, luckily LB is looking up to the task so far. Hope neither happen.
21) Favorite Oiler of all time My First Oilers Jersey says it all. Bill Ranford!
22) Least favorite oiler of all time Pronger! I actually just got home moments ago and we talked hockey and we discussed how much we hate Pronger.
23) Oiler moment that caused you to go WTF out loud McTavish being promoted to GM and pretty much everything Eakins has ever done......................................................
24) Favorite EDMONTON radio station I don't radio
So be sober all summer? I'd pick some like-minded people who know how to ferment fruits and make booze out of coconuts, carve hockey sticks with sea shells and then we could have a good drunken summer game to make up for it :D

thadd

Oil4Life
Jun 9, 2007
Canada
1) ASL: 36/M/China
2) Married/single/kids: Single baby! W00t W00T!
3) JOB: Teacher
4) Hometown: North Vancouver
5) How I found HF: Looking for news on a search engine regarding the trade deadline.
6) Name: It's my name. I stopped using fake internet handles before I graduated from high school.
7) Avatar: My buddy's sister in law got angry and irrationally shaved her head. A handful of us went back to her hometown to meet her family over a 5 day long holiday and she was too embarrassed to show that her head was shaved and decided to buy a wig. First day there I shaved my head and stole her wig LOL. Looked much better on me!
8) Favorite HF moment: Whenever news of a trade is broken on HF before it goes on TV.
9) Least favorite HF moment: Rob Schremp
10) Most memorable hf discussion: Reaction to Kevin Lowe saying he knows a thing or two about winning.
11) Are u a season ticket holder/how many home games do you plan on going to: I've lived in China for 14 years and I haven't been to an NHL regular season game for almost 10 years. Family used to have season tickets when we lived in Edmonton in the 80's. Was tempted to go down south for the pre-season games, but I hate watching the Nucks and the Kings.
12) Favorite EDMONTON based media personality: I don't really have one right now. Don't mind listening to CHED now and then.
13) Least favorite EDMONTON based media personality: Remember Dan Tencer?
14) TSN/Sportsnet/TheScore-- which is you go to station for highlights: Youtube and NHL.com
15) Favorite vacation of all time: Went to Australia for 3 weeks in 2006.
16) Least favorite vacation: Visiting Hangzhou for an eclipse party. That city is like the ashtray of China. The people there are horrible. Doesn't matter if you're a local, a Chinese from another city or a foreigner. They treat everyone like crap there. If I wasn't traveling with my best friend I would have left that city on the first day.
17) OILER Prospect you have the most hope for: Jones, but Yamamoto pretty much neck and neck at this point.
18) Oiler prospect you have your concerns about: Nurse. Expecting more. Worried we've been rushing him this whole time.
19) Oiler you predict will step up this year: One of Benning or Cagguila.
20) Oiler you suspect will take a step back: Russel. I don't think there's any way you can prepare your body to block that many shots year in-year out.
21) Favorite Oiler of all time: Glen Anderson.
22) Least favorite oiler of all time: Corson.
23) Oiler moment that caused you to go WTF out loud: Pronger trade.
24) Favorite EDMONTON radio station: Don't have one.
25) you get stuck on an Island for the entire Hockey season, there is enough food and booze to last the season and there is a bar showing all the hockey in the season--which 3 oiler posters would you want to be stuck with?: Whichever ones that aren't going to bring up a trade proposal every 10 minutes.

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
1) 28 / M / Ontario
2) Single
3) Park Warden at a Provincial Park
4) Little hospital in rural Ontario.
5) Found it when I was looking up prospects for a fantasy league.
6) First letter of first name, beginning of last name and favorite number.
7) Leon!
8) Winning McDavid and watching the site explode.
9) Taylor Hall trade, probably.
10) I remember having some fairly epic Cogliano vs. Gagner discussions with a certain banned poster way back when I first joined.
11) Nope. Probably none because no thanks to a trip to Toronto.
12) Strudsy
13) Rishaug
14) Sportsnet (unfortunately)
15) Disney
16) Not sure.
17) Filip Berglund (Have a good feeling about him for some reason)
18) Tyler Benson (Feels too much like another Pitlick)
19) Ryan Strome
20) Pat Maroon
21) Mike Comrie (Call me crazy, but he's one of the reasons why I became an Oilers fan haha.)
22) Patrick O'Sullivan
23) Most of the time when McDavid has the puck.
24) I don't really listen to Edmonton radio.
25) @Soli , @Bryanbryoil and @The Nuge (I would also send out a message in a bottle in hopes that it would reach @Nunymare and @s7ark , so they could join us.)

Ferda11

Feb 16, 2016
1) AgeSexLocation - 30, Male, Sarnia, Ontario
2) Single/Married Kids - Single (smart)
3) Occupation - Material Handler, Chemical Processing Facility
4) Where were you born or hatched - Hamilton ,ON
5) How did you find this site - Long time reader, not often poster
6) How did you come up with your screen name - Letterkenny
7) Explain your avatar - Stamkos, Favourite hometown team (Sarnia Sting) player
8) Favorite HF moment(good or bad) - Nothing in particular
9) Least favorite HF moment - Getting use to the new site
10) Most memorable hf discussion - Nothing comes to mind
11) Are u a season ticket holder/how many home games do you plan on going to - No, I do plan on flying out for a game in Edmonton and one down in AZ or LV this year
12) Favorite EDMONTON based media personality - Not sure if Gene counts but he is alright I guess
13) Least favorite EDMONTON based media personality - No one really grinds my gears I suppose
14) TSN/Sportsnet/TheScore-- which is you go to station for highlights - Sportsnet, TSN now the Jay and Dan are back
15) Favorite vacation of all time - likely the one coming up in the Bahama's for a friends wedding
16) Least favorite vacation - Swan Hills, AB lol
17) OILER Prospect you have the most hope for - Mantha, watched him in junior...late bloomer with a ton of potential
18) Oiler prospect you have your concerns about - Pulju
19) Oiler you predict will step up this year - Nuge
20) Oiler you suspect will take a step back - Maroon
21) Favorite Oiler of all time - Smitty
22) Least favorite oiler of all time - Taylor Hall
23) Oiler moment that caused you to go WTF out loud - Drafting Yakupov instead of Galchenyuk - Always knew Gally was the better player.
24) Favorite EDMONTON radio station - Sonic, I believe was the one I listened to when I lived in Edmonton for a few years
25) you get stuck on an Island for the entire Hockey season, there is enough food and booze to last the season and there is a bar showing all the hockey in the season--which 3 oiler posters would you want to be stuck with? None, I want all the beer to myself ;)

KingKhron

Sep 8, 2008
1) AgeSexLocation - 40/Male/Edmonton
2) Single/Married Kids - Girlfriend of 3 years
3) Occupation - Unemployed after employer closed their company.
4) Where were you born or hatched - Edmonton
5) How did you find this site - A yearning to discover trolls before I knew what they were.
6) How did you come up with your screen name - Childish stoner PlayStation handle.
7) Explain your avatar - Rare ball hockey success
8) Favorite HF moment(good or bad) - Photoshop threads(Headcrusher for the win) and The HF member draft. Everything Narnia has ever posted.
9) Least favorite HF moment - Somehow deciding just recently that the Main boards were worth reading.
10) Most memorable hf discussion - Going back and reading McDavid lotto win threads. For some reason, I had checked out a bit that draft and didn't realize how amazing he was.
11) Are u a season ticket holder/how many home games do you plan on going to - Have a pair of lower bowl seats and sell my brother's upper bowl ones until he comes back from BC. Will be hitting up a game in Vegas this year for sure, despite having three horrific trips there in a row.
12) Favorite EDMONTON based media personality - Don't overly love any of them. Actually liked Tencer because anyone who riles up a fan base like that is good for my entertainment.
13) Least favorite EDMONTON based media personality - Gene seems like a great guy but the cheese is hard to take. Spector seems a simpleton.
14) TSN/Sportsnet/TheScore-- which is you go to station for highlights- Still TSN. Quality is dropping fast but Sportsnet has always employed the biggest morons.
15) Favorite vacation of all time - The island marooning with 3 hfboards posters. hate to say it but my first big one when my brother got drugged and robbed in Thailand on a visa run from Taiwan. Left for there instantly because he had no money or passport, spent a month there and discovered travelling.
16) Least favorite vacation - Trinidad and Tobago. Purely weather based. The Caribbean sucks when it rains nonstop.
17) OILER Prospect you have the most hope for - Does Nurse count? Only because I think he will be a very good player still. Think Yamamoto will be a hell of a player.
18) Oiler prospect you have your concerns about - I don't have the expectations of some posters, so am not too worried about anyone really. Think Pulju could be very good but think he will be solid regardless.
19) Oiler you predict will step up this year - Thrice burnt, once shy for Nuge? Nurse will show people shouldn't have given up on him so early. I think McDavid will show that's he's even better than people think and that's saying a lot. Not sure anyone has ever brought his particular skill set to the NHL.
20) Oiler you suspect will take a step back - Draisatl will be hard pressed to repeat that point total as the second line center but will be very impressive still. Cagguila and Benning will be questionable at times, instead of the linear progression some expect.
21) Favorite Oiler of all time - Weight. Hemsky. McDavid is a given.
22) Least favorite oiler of all time - Belanger. Seemed like a prat, as well as just useless here. Cory Cross haha.
23) Oiler moment that caused you to go WTF out loud - The Dallas comeback? That series might have made me a rabid hockey fan. A compilation of the Eakins era.
24) Favorite EDMONTON radio station - CHED. Just for hockey memories alone or even the old timey radio shows in the middle of the night.
25) you get stuck on an Island for the entire Hockey season, there is enough food and booze to last the season and there is a bar showing all the hockey in the season--which 3 oiler posters would you want to be stuck with? Have a few posters that stand out as bad and a few I know to enjoy but not sure about actually personalities that make me want them to be my Wilson.

ujju2

Apr 9, 2016
Edmonton, AB
1) AgeSexLocation - 16 Male Edmonton
2) Single/Married - Kids Single
3) Occupation - Student
4) Where were you born or hatched - Reno, NV, USA
5) How did you find this site - I don't remember
6) How did you come up with your screen name - Nickname when I was little. Used it for almost all accounts.
7) Explain your avatar - First favourite Oiler (really only got into hockey in 10-11 season, Nuge was my favourite Oiler for the majority of the time I've been a fan. McDavid now, but still love Nuge.
8) Favorite HF moment(good or bad) - First playoffs for me on HFB
9) Least favorite HF moment - Can't remember
10) Most memorable hf discussion - Don't remember
11) Are u a season ticket holder/how many home games do you plan on going to - Not a STH, don't know yet
12) Favorite EDMONTON based media personality - No opinion
13) Least favorite EDMONTON based media personality - No opinion
14) TSN/Sportsnet/TheScore-- which is you go to station for highlights - TSN, SN, NHL.com
15) Favorite vacation of all time - This is really hard. Maybe Peru or Italy.
16) Least favorite vacation - None
17) OILER Prospect you have the most hope for - Yamamoto
18) Oiler prospect you have your concerns about - IDK
19) Oiler you predict will step up this year - Nuge
20) Oiler you suspect will take a step back - Maroon :(
21) Favorite Oiler of all time - McDavid (never got to watch Gretzky)
22) Least favorite oiler of all time - none
23) Oiler moment that caused you to go WTF out loud - McDavid lottery
24) Favorite EDMONTON radio station - 630 CHED and K97
25) you get stuck on an Island for the entire Hockey season, there is enough food and booze to last the season and there is a bar showing all the hockey in the season--which 3 oiler posters would you want to be stuck with? - No clue

Whiston532

Dec 27, 2010
Edmonton
1) ASL: 25 Male Edmonton

2) Single/Married: Single

3) Occupation: Retail

4) Born: Edmonton

5)Find site: Used to follow Hockeyfuture.com. Stumbled upon forum

6) Username: Random pretty much

7) Avatar: It’s a combination or my love of wrestling and the face I make after reading pretty much any discussion on the main page

8) a Favorite moment: The reaction to us getting McDavid and the ESPN knows hockey photoshop discussion

9. Least favourite moment: pretty much anytime a fan clearly doesn’t know something acts like a dick. Say what you will about Reddit but you can atleast bury idiots with downvotes

10. Memorable discussion: eh. Can’t think of anything. I kinda duck in and out of most discussions

11. Season ticket holder: No and wouldn’t/couldn’t. Don’t make enough and work schedule makes it impossible

12/13. Favorite/least favourite local media: Don’t follow outside of catching 630 if there’s a game on depending on if I’m in the car at the right time but I’m not sticking around much to get opinions on the individuals.

14. TSN/Sportsnet/Thescore: TSN easily. I have an irrational dislike for Sportsnet and I may have just remembered Thescore is a thing.

15. Favourite vacation: Gone on several cruises. They’re seriously great times.

16. Least favourite: Dad took me out east to Ontario when I was a kid for a “see the places I knew and meet the people I knew”. Problem was he’s older and hadn’t been out for a long time. All the places he knew were abandoned/turned into Starbucks, a lot of people had died/basically moved on with their lives.

17. Prospect most excited for: Yamamoto.

18. Prospect most concerned about: Poolparty. Not giving up at all. But this year is a big one. Would say I’m doubtful of Bear being much but he’s a later pick so meh.

19. Player that will step up: hopefully RNH. Mostly everyone else seems to have settled into a spot but he has some room to grow.

20. Oiler step back: Maroon. Again, everyone else seems to be settled/have room to grow. He’s not a scrub that McDavid carries, but he may be surpassed by players who perhaps sync better with McDavid, and he needs McDavid more than McDavid needs him.

21. Favourite Oiler: McDavid.

22. Least favourite: Schultz. I don’t care that Pittsburgh turned him around, he was hot garbage here and I’d make that trade again.

23. Biggest WTF moment: winning McDavid. Trading for Reinhart.

24. Local radio: 630

25. Desert island: I dunno

AM

Nov 22, 2004
Edmonton
1) AgeSexLocation 53/M/Edmonton
2) Single/Married Kids Married 4 grown up children
3) Occupation Paper pusher
4) Where were you born or hatched Olds
5) How did you find this site Looking for lockout news
6) How did you come up with your screen name Long term internet name initials
7) Explain your avatar Avatar? I find the movie disagreeable
8) Favorite HF moment(good or bad) Yet to come hopefully
9) Least favorite HF moment Just generally listening to whining.
10) Most memorable hf discussion 2006 SC run
11) Are u a season ticket holder/how many home games do you plan on going to No, who can find the time? Usually i coach in winter, only have two teams this year so likley Ill make it to a few games.
12) Favorite EDMONTON based media personality Unsure
13) Least favorite EDMONTON based media personality Any discussion after a loss.
14) TSN/Sportsnet/TheScore-- which is you go to station for highlights Google
15) Favorite vacation of all time My next one
16) Least favorite vacation They are all better than working.
17) OILER Prospect you have the most hope for Mc David
18) Oiler prospect you have your concerns about, pretty happy with most of them
19) Oiler you predict will step up this year Nurse or Nuge
20) Oiler you suspect will take a step back They are all going to shine, but the one I worry about is Talbot
21) Favorite Oiler of all time Esa Tikkanen
22) Least favorite oiler of all time Shayne Corson
23) Oiler moment that caused you to go WTF out loud We lost a game?
24) Favorite EDMONTON radio station I lisen to games on CHED occasionally
25) you get stuck on an Island for the entire Hockey season, there is enough food and booze to last the season and there is a bar showing all the hockey in the season--which 3 oiler posters would you want to be stuck with? im not that picky. Seeing as I could only mention ones I wouldnt want, I wont say anything

LaGu

Jan 4, 2011
Italy
1) AgeSexLocation
38, male, Luxemborg at the moment, home would be in Italy/Sweden though.

2) Single/Married Kids
Married with kids 2 and 4. There is no ice in Lux but both have sticks and pucks and my oldest just broke the neighbours shed practicing shots :laugh:

3) Occupation
Nuclear stuff.

Sweden

I think I signed up in 2010, but after like two years suddenly the "member since" changed to 2011... I guess that is off topic though, but still. I read this site from time to time before and then decided to sign up.

By extreme lack of imagination... Two letters first name, two letters last name.

7) Explain your avatar
I don't like avatars. People see them and even if by very little they form an opinion before hearing you out. The question mark was bad though so I changed to this, which is a bit annoying as well because it also says something, I will see if I can find something that completely melts into the background going forward.

Draft thread in 2015. I didn't post in it but I read and enjoyed fully.

Nothing really... I did not like the crap that was said about Larsson here post-trade. Many posters went over-board on bashing despite only having seen maybe a handful of games with him. Props to guymes though with whom I had some lengthy exchanges with and who didn't like the trade at face value but was very open to listen and discuss pros and cons about the trade and players.

Various Omark talks. There were a handful of hardcore Omark supporters who laid the ground for everyone trying to be a bit positive about him being labelled an Onark fanboy...

No, and my wife isn't very keen on going to edm... Give me some good reasons if you have any, we like nature and good food.

None has really made an impression so far.

Gene, Gazola.

NHL.com (subscription in eur without blackouts)

Lanzarote. Thought it would be a tacky "tourist trap" but it was amazing. Beautiful nature, excellent volcanic malvasia vine and great food.

... tourist village in Kenya. The safari we had before was great but the village was the height of tourist clichees and people treating the locals working there like shit.

Easy reply Puljujarvi and Yama. They have something the other prospects have not and even though it may take a year or two I think both could become impact players and/or give a great return in a trade if necessary.
Dark horse: Lagesson. Playing shut-down minutes in a good shl team this season and doing it well, wants to come over next year. He could in time, 2-3 years, become an excellent shutdown LD for the Oilers.

Bear. It will be interesting to see this year in the AHL but I haven't seen anything that really impresses me when up against the big boys.

I think Larsson will have a great year.

Sekera. Last year was one of the best seasons I think he has had, at least imo and with limited pre-oilers views of him.

Kenta Nilsson. The reason I chose the Oilers.... Luckily I didn't know hockey in the years before he came to EDM, it would have sucked being a cgy supporter...

... don't know. POS probably, or Teubert (does he count?)

Out loud? Bho, Stefan/Hemsky probably. The commenting on that was ridiculous. Jumped off my seat screaming, only to hear this dimwit going on about how Stefan's miss was crappy/embarressing/'does not belong in the nhl'. The puck hit a rut ffs, could have happened to anyone.

Don't know, you tell me so that I can start listening on the stream. I drive too much and too far for my work so a good channel to listen to would be awesome.

I don't know anyone outside of hf, butI guess that is the point... Bryan of course, seems like a great guy. Fourier. And, hmmm, ... guymes. It all depends on if they drink or not though, I don't trust people who doesn't drink.
HonMen: JTS, IATL, ... and out of curiosity: oilbear and speedyturtle.

Last edited:

KingKhron

Sep 8, 2008
Lagu: If you like nature, you need nothing more than the Rockies. I have become aware that because of the countless times spent in them, that I take them for granted. I intend to go to Iceland every couple of years for the foreseeable future(although Icelandair has just reduced their direct flights and if they end them, that would definitely change) because its nature astounds me but it's because it's wild like the Rockies but so different. It still has shown me that the pristine nature we are so close to is a great rarity in this world and so astounding in its own right. I wish I could see them for the first time again.
Edit: If you're coming from Europe, I would suggest stopping in Iceland for some time. A one way flight from 5 major cities in Europe back to Edmonton was minimum $1200 last summer but I was able to fly to Reykjavik from Berlin for $80 and then home to Edmonton for $450 and got to spend the difference on staying there.

Reactions: LaGu

Ad

Upcoming events

• Czechia vs Switzerland
    Czechia vs Switzerland
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $1,214.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Sweden vs Germany
    Sweden vs Germany
    Wagers: 1