OT: Get to know your fellow HFOIL poster 2022/2023

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
Usually I start this early but I have been traveling between Poland/Prague/Budapest for 3 weeks

here are the questions

How did you first find HFBOARDS
Fav Oiler all time
Fav oiler now
Most hated Oiler all time
Most hated oiler now
How did you pick your screen name and Avatar
Prospect that broke your heart
Prospect that surprised you
What team not named leaf or flames do you hate the most
Favourite non-Oiler player all time
Favourite non-oiler player now
If you could undo one and only one oiler move in the last 20 years which would it be
Favourite oiler trade all time
Best Vacation
Do you have a guilty pleasure
Pet peeves
Android or apple
What song gets you on the dance floor
Best concert
what do you do to unwind
Do you believe in 5 year plans
Worst Career decision you ever made

brentashton

Jan 21, 2018
Age-58
Sex-Male
Location-Saskatchewan/Arizona
occupation- retired
How did you first find HFBOARDS- don’t recall
Fav Oiler all time- Wayne
Fav oiler now-Leon
Most hated Oiler all time-Shayne Corson
Most hated oiler now-Ference, I don’t hate anyone on the current team so I chose my second most hated all time
How did you pick your screen name and Avatar- personal connection
Prospect that broke your heart-breaking my heart? That’s a bit overstating it, but disappointed in Rob Schremp, skill galore…but
Prospect that surprised you-Tikkanen, 80th overall
What team not named leaf or flames do you hate the most-Philadelphia, although lately I just feel sorry for them!
Favourite non-Oiler player all time- Yzerman/G. Howe
Favourite non-oiler player now-Moritz Seider
If you could undo one and only one oiler move in the last 20 years which would it be-giving the org keys to Mr 6 Rings, K.Lowe
Favourite oiler trade all time- the Adam Graves trade from DRW. He was a very good Oiler
Best Vacation- everyone of them, but seriously, anytime I visit NYC. When Giulliani cleaned it up it was an exciting place to go. Now it’s a sadly a cesspool again.
Do you have a guilty pleasure-long quiet walks, that’s actually the truth, I walk 10-15k each day. Good for the head and heart.
Pet peeves-stupid people
Android or apple-hate both but I am held ransom by apple unfortunately
What song gets you on the dance floor-the Macarena, actually none, I don’t dance
Best concert- so many, hard to choose, 1st Rolling Stone concert or any of the Jackson Browne sets that I’ve seen
what do you do to unwind-hike, bike, read
Do you believe in 5 year plans-yes along with stated goals or intentions, and I also work hard to execute on them
Worst Career decision you ever made-not good at office politics, hated the fakeness of it. Maybe not the worst but it did end up giving me a generous early retirement package that i swiftly accepted (Worst because, I really would have preferred to work a bit longer).

I answered the questions, but it got to the point I thought I was posting on a dating site, lol.

Last edited:

5 14 6 1

We are the 11.5%
Sep 15, 2010
Alberta
Usually I start this early but I have been traveling between Poland/Prague/Budapest for 3 weeks

here are the questions

Fav Oiler all time
Fav oiler now
Most hated Oiler all time
Most hated oiler now
How did you pick your screen name and Avatar
Prospect that broke your heart
Prospect that surprised you
What team not named leaf or flames do you hate the most
Favourite non-Oiler player all time
Favourite non-oiler player now
If you could undo one and only one oiler move in the last 20 years which would it be
Favourite oiler trade all time
Best Vacation
Do you have a guilty pleasure
Pet peeves
Android or apple
What song gets you on the dance floor
Best concert
what do you do to unwind
Do you believe in 5 year plans
Worst Career decision you ever made

If you wanna go out with me just ask JTS. nah all jokes aside (took a few out):

Sex: M

How did you first find HFBOARDS: Back in the day heard about it through the official Oilers forum

Fav Oiler all time Smyth or Hemsky. It's actually probably 97 now

Fav oiler now McDavid, Drai and Hyman

Most hated Oiler all time: Dallas Eakins

Most hated oiler now: Don't have one at the moment

How did you pick your screen name and Avatar: numbers that were pulled to win the McDavid lotto, Avatar made me laugh

Prospect that broke your heart: Gotta be Yakupov

Prospect that surprised you: Stu Skinner so far

What team not named leaf or flames do you hate the most: Vegas

Favourite non-Oiler player all time: Getzlaf (Hitmen legend, had season tickets when i was a kid)

Favourite non-oiler player now: Makar

If you could undo one and only one oiler move in the last 20 years which would it be: Nurse contract

Favourite oiler trade all time: I was so hyped when we got Sergei Samsonov lol

Best Vacation: Just went to Europe for a month that was fantastic

what do you do to unwind: Go to the gym or play guitar

Do you believe in 5 year plans: Yep

Worst Career decision you ever made: Yet to make a bad one so far lol

Last edited:

brentashton

Jan 21, 2018
If you wanna go out with me just ask JTS. nah all jokes aside (took a few out):

How did you first find HFBOARDS: Back in the day heard about it through the official Oilers forum

Fav Oiler all time Smyth or Hemsky. It's actually probably 97 now

Fav oiler now McDavid, Drai and Hyman

Most hated Oiler all time: Dallas Eakins

Most hated oiler now: Don't have one at the moment

How did you pick your screen name and Avatar: numbers that were pulled to win the McDavid lotto, Avatar made me laugh

Prospect that broke your heart: Gotta be Yakupov

Prospect that surprised you: Stu Skinner so far

What team not named leaf or flames do you hate the most: Vegas

Favourite non-Oiler player all time: Getzlaf (Hitmen legend, had season tickets when i was a kid)

Favourite non-oiler player now: Makar

If you could undo one and only one oiler move in the last 20 years which would it be: Nurse contract

Favourite oiler trade all time: I was so hyped when we got Sergei Samsonov lol

Best Vacation: Just went to Europe for a month that was fantastic

what do you do to unwind: Go to the gym or play guitar

Do you believe in 5 year plans: Yep

Worst Career decision you ever made: Yet to make a bad one so far lol
After reading your answers, you’re not my type.

But it’s me, not you…;)

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton
Sex: male
How did you first find HFBOARDS: Twitter
Fav Oiler all time: Ryan Smyth
Fav oiler now: Connor McDavid
Most hated Oiler all time: Chris Pronger
Most hated oiler now: Eric Belanger
How did you pick your screen name and Avatar: Anime/Kane
Prospect that broke your heart: Nail Yakupov
Prospect that surprised you: Xavier Bourgault
What team not named leaf or flames do you hate the most: Canucks
Favourite non-Oiler player all time: Pavel Datsyuk
Favourite non-oiler player now: Cale Makar
If you could undo one and only one oiler move in the last 20 years which would it be: The picks for Griffin Reinhart.
Favourite oiler trade all time: Penner trade that got us Oscar Klefbom.
Best Vacation: Japan.
Do you have a guilty pleasure: Falling asleep with the TV on
Pet peeves: Slow walkers
Android or apple: Apple
What song gets you on the dance floor: RL Grime - I wanna know
Best concert: Raves in general
what do you do to unwind: Sleep.
Do you believe in 5 year plans: Nope.
Worst Career decision you ever made: None.

Reactions: oilers'72

SwedishFire

Mar 3, 2011
Age xx
Sex male
Location sweden
occupation surveyor
by google on some topic I forgot.
Fav Oiler all time uh... McDraisaitl
Fav oiler now McDraisaitl. If I have to choose... hmmm... McDavid is more consistent, Leon is funnier.
Most hated Oiler all time No hate, but the biggest missfit was Dallas Eakins. But the rooster he had was really ... bad.
Most hated oiler now No hate
How did you pick your screen name and Avatar. Something fitting.
Prospect that broke your heart: dont broking my heart, but Yakupov was a sad story overall. He didnt feel all comfartable it seems. And oncehe was growing, he got injured.
Prospect that surprised you: in a bad or good way?? Draisaitl become a 50 goalscorer was suprising.
What team not named leaf or flames do you hate the most: no hate now.
Favourite non-Oiler player all time; The big swedes.
Favourite non-oiler player now : Makar?
If you could undo one and only one oiler move in the last 20 years which would it be : ....... drafting poor Yakupov. Drafting Hall to build a team around a winger isnt overly smart either. But as Seguin was, in edmonton he would orobabky go the same route here as Hall...

Favourite oiler trade all time: is there any good trades? I heard Joe Murphy was a good one.

Best Vacation : small trips.
Do you have a guilty pleasure : I hope not.
Pet peeves : ?? I like cats.
Android or apple : uh... android maybe. Iphones lasts just a year.
What song gets you on the dance floor?
Now nothing..
Best concert
what do you do to unwind
Do you believe in 5 year plans : yes kind of.
Worst Career decision you ever made: .....
I also like doing atletichs. My recent comp. Was I running 400m on 1:05. Not to good maybe, but it was the first 400m in 7 years.
Javelin throw 29,95 m.
Previous heavy training dude.

Athletics gives you a really fit body, if someone wants to try.
Doesnt like the no pain - no gain.
Pain could also mean somethings getting bad in your body.
Its for me like "If there is pain, it will be a lot of gain"
OfC, listen to your body.

Last edited:

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
Age - 41
Sex - Yes Please. J/k, male
Location - Sylvan Lake, AB
occupation - Marketing
How did you first find HFBOARDS - Google hockey chat boards when I was too sick and tired of the Oilers chat group on their website. Too many simpletons there who don't understand how hockey works but think they are experts.
Fav Oiler all time - Cujo probably. Close between Mess, Gretzky, Kurri and Cujo.
Fav oiler now - McDavid
Most hated Oiler all time - I try not to hate Oiler players but hiw Shayne Corson left is awful so I have little respect for him.
Most hated oiler now - again, I try not to hate, but I'm not a fan of Virtanen being on PTO. Foegle's stone hands bother me, but his hustle makes up for it.
How did you pick your screen name and Avatar - I was once a major comic need. Still am I guess, but not as much as I was.
Prospect that broke your heart - Yakupov. Reinhart. Any first round pick of the 90s before Hemsky, ha ha. Dragan Umicevic, only because I wanted to hear that name on the play by play.
Prospect that surprised you - Skinner has surprised me so far. Didn't think he was going to be an NHLer when we drafted him.
What team not named leaf or flames do you hate the most - Vancouver
Favourite non-Oiler player all time - I'm a goalie fan so Hasek, Brodeur, Lundquist, are probably the three
Favourite non-oiler player now - I dunno. Crosby for the respect level I have for him maybe. Or Bergeron or Kopitar.
If you could undo one and only one oiler move in the last 20 years which would it be - Reinhart trade. Nothing pre-McDavid, but that move put us back.
Favourite oiler trade all time - trading for Curtis Joseph. I was once excited kid over that trade.
Best Vacation - Honeymoon to Jamaica.
Do you have a guilty pleasure - I spend too much on collecting watches. So maybe that. Really 1 or 2 should be enough but I am up to a dozen.
Pet peeves - Flames Fans
Android or apple - Android. The only Appple device I had time for was the ipod and iPad.
What song gets you on the dance floor - not many anymore as my wife isn't a dancer. She has no sense of rhythm and is embarrassed by it. We slow dance st home to be romantic, so probably More Than Words, as it was our first dance at our wedding. I groove to a lot of stuff though. Anyone looking for a good song to groove to, check out Typhoons by Royal Blood. That one gets in my bones.
Best concert - I want to say GNR, because that was awesome and the first concert I took my oldest son to, but there was an amazing Hawksley Workman show I attended when I was in College. It changed my life.
what do you do to unwind - Cook. Build Lego. Toss the headphones in and crank up some tunes.
Do you believe in 5 year plans - yes, although I don't have one right now. Last one got thrown out the window when I met the Mrs, and haven't made a new one yet.
Worst Career decision you ever made - I was freshly divorced right at the time that I was ready to really get my career going, but I couldn't move away from my son and be a part time dad, so I turned down a couple of jobs in larger communities that would have had greater opportunities for career growth for me. Not being willing to move was very career limiting for me. I wouldn't change anything though as I wouldn't have met my wife if I had moved, and wouldn't have my step kids or my little guy. Was a poor move for my career, but I only regret it because my bank account should have more in it. Ha ha ha.

brentashton

Jan 21, 2018
Age - 41
Sex - Yes Please. J/k, male
Location - Sylvan Lake, AB
occupation - Marketing
How did you first find HFBOARDS - Google hockey chat boards when I was too sick and tired of the Oilers chat group on their website. Too many simpletons there who don't understand how hockey works but think they are experts.
Fav Oiler all time - Cujo probably. Close between Mess, Gretzky, Kurri and Cujo.
Fav oiler now - McDavid
Most hated Oiler all time - I try not to hate Oiler players but hiw Shayne Corson left is awful so I have little respect for him.
Most hated oiler now - again, I try not to hate, but I'm not a fan of Virtanen being on PTO. Foegle's stone hands bother me, but his hustle makes up for it.
How did you pick your screen name and Avatar - I was once a major comic need. Still am I guess, but not as much as I was.
Prospect that broke your heart - Yakupov. Reinhart. Any first round pick of the 90s before Hemsky, ha ha. Dragan Umicevic, only because I wanted to hear that name on the play by play.
Prospect that surprised you - Skinner has surprised me so far. Didn't think he was going to be an NHLer when we drafted him.
What team not named leaf or flames do you hate the most - Vancouver
Favourite non-Oiler player all time - I'm a goalie fan so Hasek, Brodeur, Lundquist, are probably the three
Favourite non-oiler player now - I dunno. Crosby for the respect level I have for him maybe. Or Bergeron or Kopitar.
If you could undo one and only one oiler move in the last 20 years which would it be - Reinhart trade. Nothing pre-McDavid, but that move put us back.
Favourite oiler trade all time - trading for Curtis Joseph. I was once excited kid over that trade.
Best Vacation - Honeymoon to Jamaica.
Do you have a guilty pleasure - I spend too much on collecting watches. So maybe that. Really 1 or 2 should be enough but I am up to a dozen.
Pet peeves - Flames Fans
Android or apple - Android. The only Appple device I had time for was the ipod and iPad.
What song gets you on the dance floor - not many anymore as my wife isn't a dancer. She has no sense of rhythm and is embarrassed by it. We slow dance st home to be romantic, so probably More Than Words, as it was our first dance at our wedding. I groove to a lot of stuff though. Anyone looking for a good song to groove to, check out Typhoons by Royal Blood. That one gets in my bones.
Best concert - I want to say GNR, because that was awesome and the first concert I took my oldest son to, but there was an amazing Hawksley Workman show I attended when I was in College. It changed my life.
what do you do to unwind - Cook. Build Lego. Toss the headphones in and crank up some tunes.
Do you believe in 5 year plans - yes, although I don't have one right now. Last one got thrown out the window when I met the Mrs, and haven't made a new one yet.
Worst Career decision you ever made - I was freshly divorced right at the time that I was ready to really get my career going, but I couldn't move away from my son and be a part time dad, so I turned down a couple of jobs in larger communities that would have had greater opportunities for career growth for me. Not being willing to move was very career limiting for me. I wouldn't change anything though as I wouldn't have met my wife if I had moved, and wouldn't have my step kids or my little guy. Was a poor move for my career, but I only regret it because my bank account should have more in it. Ha ha ha.
Sounds like your worst career move was the best life move. Life trumps career everyday. Good choice.

Reactions: oilers'72

RattsSSV

Слава Україні - F*** Putin
May 4, 2006
How did you first find HFBOARDS: Oilers forum
Fav Oiler all time: Laraque
Fav oiler now: Kane
How did you pick your screen name and Avatar: Xbox username that is an abbreviation of last name / f*** Putin
Prospect that broke your heart: Yak
Prospect that surprised you: Clouder
If you could undo one and only one oiler move in the last 20 years which would it be: Wouldn't be where we are without each and every decision, so none.
Favourite oiler trade all time: Despite it costing us Tik, getting Doug Weight
Best Vacation: Any vacation is a good vacation
Do you have a guilty pleasure: listening to audio books
Pet peeves: let's just say people with their heads in the sand
Android or apple: Preferably neither
What song gets you on the dance floor: Slow songs
Best concert: Tenacious D
what do you do to unwind: Watch, Listen, & Play. Hike, Take photos, Travel

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad