Get rid of '3 Stars', replace with 'Player of the Game'?

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) We may experience a temporary downtime. Thanks for the patience.

CuriousGeorge

Jun 8, 2007
After watching the World Juniors, I really like their presentation of 'player of the game', that I would like to see implemented in the NHL. Nobody cares about '3 stars' now, and isn't worth much. With 'player of the game', it will push every player to perform at their best, to grab the spotlight at the end of the game.

What do you guys think?

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
After watching the World Juniors, I really like their presentation of 'player of the game', that I would like to see implemented in the NHL. Nobody cares about '3 stars' now, and isn't worth much. With 'player of the game', it will push every player to perform at their best, to grab the spotlight at the end of the game.

What do you guys think?

I think there isn't a single player that cares about the 3 stars or player of the game

FlareKnight

Jun 26, 2006
Alberta
I tend to agree. Best to just go with a player of the game since people barely care about the 3 star selection as it is. Give one guy some props and let that be that.

skeena1

May 15, 2006
My team hammers your team. Your team's best player might have been the 10th best player on the night. What's the point?

Last edited:

Captain Bowie

Jan 18, 2012
Make it 12 stars or 0, I don't know a single person that cares one iota about who is named the stars on the broadcast.

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
If there's a player that will play harder if there's a player of the game award at stake then that player is not in the NHL

FerrisRox

"Wanna go, Prettyboy?"
Sep 17, 2003
Toronto, Ontario

What do you guys think?

I don't think it would change a thing. You actually think a "player of the game" would "push every player to perform at their best, to grab the spotlight at the end of the game?"

Really?

McWeber

Mouthbreather
Jul 14, 2015
Lethbridge

What do you guys think?

Maybe each team could have a piece of clothing or hat they could let that player wear too so they stand out more as "player of the game" :sarcasm:

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
Maybe each team could have a piece of clothing or hat they could let that player wear too so they stand out more as "player of the game" :sarcasm:

Google "Swiss hockey leading scorer" and check out the gold helmet with flames :laugh: that each team's leading scorer gets to wear. Somewhere I think there's even a picture of Seguin wearing it when he played there during the lockout.

McWeber

Mouthbreather
Jul 14, 2015
Lethbridge
Google "Swiss hockey leading scorer" and check out the gold helmet with flames :laugh: that each team's leading scorer gets to wear. Somewhere I think there's even a picture of Seguin wearing it when he played there during the lockout.

I have heard of that. Many NHL teams also have a player of the game hat or helmet they give out in the dressing room (Edmonton and newyork are two I have seen for sure)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad