Get Draisaitl and McDavid some help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zanon

Apr 4, 2008
Vancouver
Surprised the Oilers felt the need to go nuclear this soon with McDrai together playing almost half the game.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Since 2019-2020 Nuge has 11 goals and 44 points in 43 games while being the teams main pk'er up front. He has 9 points in 7 games this year and has not been on for one GA on the pk. Not bad for a ghost.
Agreed. Can’t believe there’s still oilers fans that don’t appreciate Nuge. Surface level production analysis will never understand Nuges true worth. And even if it was his production in the playoffs has been fine.

Surprised the Oilers felt the need to go nuclear this soon with McDrai together playing almost half the game.
Drai dominated running his own line against LA. Played better than McDavid in that series.

Drai was also coming into this game hurt and having him run his own line is lot of workload for someone with a tweaked back.

Also in this game, the Oilers had to overcome 3 seperate Nucks leads. So McDrai being out there to tie it up with timely goals is a pretty smart strategy.

Last edited:

Fourier

Dec 29, 2006
Waterloo Ontario
Draisaitl being hurt probably plays into that. Less responsibility as a winger - easier to shelter him.
I'd say that this is the primary reason. Knoblauch has not gone this way all that often.

The other part of this is that it makes it a lot harder to key on McDavid.

Three On Zero

Deranged Oreo Dolphin Parking Instructor
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
They have been outworked for 4 out of 6 periods (sans overtime), the McDrai and pray strategy is the only hope

Reactions: Haguerbomb

Javaman

Jul 13, 2010
Vancouver
They're both already injured which I think is why they're together now to compensate. Henrique is injured as well so that's 2/3rds of the former top line that isn't 100%.
Oh I know. And that may very well be enough to put the Oilers into the WCF. Can they do it for all 4 rounds though? That's a really tough ask, even for McDavid and Draisaitl.

SUX2BU

User of registers
Feb 6, 2018
Canada
Here’s their help

1715475070928.png

Reactions: WarriorOfGandhi

Skolman

Feb 16, 2018

HugginThePost

Flames Suck
Sponsor
Dec 28, 2006
Back to the Sweat Box
Weird. I thought giving McDrai the second best goal scorer in the league was help. Thought giving them two defenceman better than any defencema the Nucks have is also giving them help. Bottom lines didn’t create tonight, but if you know hockey it’s not all about production, they contribute to the best PK in the playoffs and play a very responsible defensive game. Hockey is played at both ends of the ice.

Huh?? Please name the two defensemen on the Oilers better than Hughes?

Reactions: LivingRentFree

Three On Zero

Deranged Oreo Dolphin Parking Instructor
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
Hughes is the defense version of Johhny Gaudreau. Sad state if you have to hang you hopes on this one dimensional midget in playoffs. Ekholm is the best Dman this series. Although Cole is the 'best defenseman this series for the Oilers'
Yeah, no.

I thought that’s why they signed Nurse to that contract.
They said get him help, not get him overpriced defenceman!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad