GDT: Germany vs Switzerland @ 7pm PT/ 10pm ET / 4am Sunday CEST

Poda

Jul 31, 2020
So how did the German team perform?

All I get from the comments is related to deficiencies in the swiss game. I only caught the third period which was mostly dominated by the Swiss guys although it was not very coercive play imo.

Kuracmugger

Oct 15, 2019

All I get from the comments is related to deficiencies in the swiss game. I only caught the third period which was mostly dominated by the Swiss guys although it was not very coercive play imo.
So what i have heard an seen in the highlights it seems that the germans just played better the first two periods. The very ready and the swiss weren’t so they got the lead and didn’t let switzerland catch up when they woke up. We can talk a lot about what bad choices were made and so on but in the and the germans just played better.

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012

The first two periods were Germans dominating positional play with an occasional rush chance for Switzerland on the counterattack. Germany played very diligently with great effort, the biggest knock probably being that despite carrying the play they didn't really create much after the first two goals.

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
The first two periods were Germans dominating positional play with an occasional rush chance for Switzerland on the counterattack. Germany played very diligently with great effort, the biggest knock probably being that despite carrying the play they didn't really create much after the first two goals.
They also didn't create much to score their goals. Both goals 1 and 2 they scored after horrible Swiss giveaways. Especially the goal after the Fahrni giveaway was pretty much a gifted shoot in. To score the other goal at least they had to execute a zone entry.

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
How would you assess Delémonts upside at this point? NLA top pairing dman? Senior national team player? I don't get to watch much of Biel and could only watch him play one period so far this WJC so I am out of the loop here.
I probably can't tell you more than you already know. I do watch some NL here and then but lately, besides playoffs of course, it's been more SL than NL. Sadly, Delémont didn't get much icetime for Biel. A bit less than 9mins per game I think it was last season. Nevertheless, it's easy to see he's progressing nicely now after a few disappointing years. Hasn't scored much at pro level but you can see the upside is there and he really seems to have cleaned up his defensive game. I don't know what happened in NA but I don't think the OHL adventure has been particularly helpful for his career. And yeah, I could see him become an NL top pairing guy or an international player. He was once seen as the next big thing, then as a potential bust. The truth could be somewhere in the middle. He's certainly the best defender on that team with Meier and Bichsel absent.

I mean check this out. Who else could have done this? Maybe Sidler. The rest certainly not.

Last edited:
Reactions: Speyer

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad