GDT: Germany v. Canada 23h30 UTC

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Congrats Canada.. not shocking. Been saying 'I wouldn't want to be Canada's next opponent' for 24 hours now. This is why.

Head up Germany... you're a good squad. Rest up, hopefully no big injury. You will beat Austria easily and then get ready for us on NYE. You've won 3 in a row going back to 2014 against us and tonight just wasn't your night. It's Junior and it happens.

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
Just saw the Bedard post game interview. He's surprisingly humble, actually. It was cool to hear him throwing some love to the fourth line guys when asked who the standouts were today.
To me he is like a middle class version of crosby with more goal score in him.

IMO, saying that he is a poor mans Crosby would be disrespectful to Bedard, he simply elevates his game.

Reactions: Dominance

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
I didn't include him because he barely played. Doesn't seem fair if you're not getting a regular shift.

He did ring one off the bar and drew a penalty at the end.

But yeah, he barely played. He’s pretty clearly the 13th forward and a PKer on this team.

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

ORRFForever

Oct 29, 2018
Not mad at all. He literally had the same first thought. Also said the party in Vancouver was ten times better than any other Olympics he had been too.
Really good canadian beer drinking guy.

Most guys would NOT like it if you said that about their wives.

Last edited:

Svedu

Apr 23, 2019
Wow, didn't see that coming.

Well, Canada will win 12-2. I believe this German team can be brave but that loss against Sweden was a tough one and they will probably gas out early.
Wow, good prediction when it still was 1-1 and a even game.

Svedu

Apr 23, 2019
bizarre that swedes only scored 1 goal, yet canada scored 11...
Well, a smaller country plays a good game and loses an even game. Tough loss and probably a bit tired at the end.
The day after they play against the home favorite team who lost their premier? A couple of dumb penalties on top of that? Actually quite expected when you think about it.

I mean the Swiss were better than Finland and won and then they had a closer game against Latvia, barely making it to OT with the last second equaliser.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad