GDT: Germany-Switzerland

FinPanda

Team Finland 2022 WHC champions
Mar 13, 2014
Vaasa, Finland
Yeah. Canada wins and Denmark loses, Canada 3rd. So being 2nd in the group may be a nightmare. So lets hope a regulation win on the Czechs-Finland game.
Actually it will be bad for the Czechs if they win in regulation. So their loss or OT is good for the Czechs. For Finns its bad if its tied, doesn't matter if we lose or win if the game ends in regulation.

Reactions: IceHockeyDude

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
two very nice penalty shots from switzerland

Switzerland straight-up just said, OK, we're Russia this year

Speyer

Sep 23, 2016
Im Wald
That's 3 on 3 OT for you, possession is so important that you have more to lose than to win if you take a random shot.

You dont have to play it that tactical though if nothing is on the line like in this game.

stv11

Jul 29, 2004
Switzerland
You dont have to play it that tactical though if nothing is on the line like in this game.

Still, possession is so important that the expected value of a shot not taken from prime position is negative, so the rational play is to wait for the right opportunity.

3 on 3 was fun when it started, but since players have figured it out it just became about who makes a mistake. I'd support going back to 4 on 4.

Reactions: Jon Riley

swissdude

May 18, 2019
Still, possession is so important that the expected value of a shot not taken from prime position is negative, so the rational play is to wait for the right opportunity.

3 on 3 was fun when it started, but since players have figured it out it just became about who makes a mistake. I'd support going back to 4 on 4.
so am I, I don't mind it in the round robin but as of QF i'd prefer 4on4 since 3on3 is more of a coin flip imho

Jon Riley

May 2, 2015
Oslo
Good the win and the first place, but had the refs been good this would have been a different match.
Can't pull that crap in the elimination rounds.
Nico's line grew during the match but it's still not working great. Kurashev is wasted and Riat is ok but struggles to keep up there.

Speyer

Sep 23, 2016
Im Wald

Yeah both teams outwaited the clock for the right opporunity. Seriously you can do that on the first couple of shifts but if there is less than a minute time remaining just take a chance. Its not like the championship is on the line. 3 vs 3 was always a stupid NHL innovation and never had much to do with actual hockey even when the teams played it in a more spectacular fashion.

stv11

Jul 29, 2004
Switzerland
Yeah both teams outwaited the clock for the right opporunity. Seriously you can do that on the first couple of shifts but if there is less than a minute time remaining just take a chance. Its not like the championship is on the line. 3 vs 3 was always a stupid NHL innovation and never had much to do with actual hockey even when the teams played it in a more spectacular fashion.

This part I can only agree on...

morkkis35

Aug 9, 2017
Good the win and the first place, but had the refs been good this would have been a different match.
Can't pull that crap in the elimination rounds.
Nico's line grew during the match but it's still not working great. Kurashev is wasted and Riat is ok but struggles to keep up there.
I mean there are anyway no easy games in QF, but Switzerland has to win this one. USA is not that talented, they were not convincing at all. Stupid penaltys, many defensive mistakes. The only question mark for me is which team switzerland we willl see. If they stay out of the box and play their own game. There is no question who will win this.

Finnswiss

Apr 28, 2013
Yeah. Canada wins and Denmark loses, Canada 3rd. So being 2nd in the group may be a nightmare. So lets hope a regulation win on the Czechs-Finland game.
You may be right but on the other side Canada hasn't left so far such a convincing performance. If Finnland should play against Canada the quarterfinal I think they still have good chances to reach the semifinal.
But these are all speculations. Let's see if Denmark can beat Slovakia. In this case Finland plays quarterfinal against Canada if they win on regulation these evening.
But I'm not sure if Denmark would be the easier opponent for Finland than Canada if Finland should lose against the Czechs this evening and Denmark wins against Slovakia.

But if Slovakia wins against Denmark on regulation and Finland against the Czechs on regulation Finland had to play against Slovakia. This would be the easiest opponent of the three in my opinion because Slovakia suited well the Finns in the past years.

Finnswiss

Apr 28, 2013
Sutter ... why you resist .... he hugs you from behind ... you fall and play victime !!
It was the expected very hard and tough game for us against Germany. That win for Switzerland is welcomed for me because now my dream final Finland - Switzerland is theoretical still possible.

jonas2244

Jan 4, 2010
even it the execution of the check itself was clean that's a bit borderline too, the german player seems concussed and strictly to the rules there is no check to the head allowed whatsoever even if Malgin doesn't jump or anything but primary point of contact was the head.

IMHO that's the same case like the hit Siegenthaler got vs. Danmark. So according to the rules probably no penalty because there is no movement upwards visible from Gawanke. That's probably why they didnt' review it.

Gstank

Apr 27, 2015
Anyone watching Kai Wissman (Germany) and can give me a mini scouting report on him

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad