GDT: Germany - Sweden

Nexon

Apr 18, 2019
Gotta hope Leon drops out and comes because I do not see a way how they are going to score goals with current squad.

Reactions: Kleefeld

Edenjung

Jun 7, 2018
We will be killed by finland tomorrow.
They lost and are grateful for an easy opponent.

Last edited:

Nexon

Apr 18, 2019
We will be killed by finland tomorrow.
They löst and are grateful for an easy opponent.
Well would be great to get some points if Germany is looking for better than 4th place in group finish.

Edenjung

Jun 7, 2018
@Nexon
Well for that one would Need scoring.
And i don't See that anywhere. Sweden was not unbeatable and should have lost today, but If you don't Score on any of your four Powerplays then this Happens.
And i know the German Powerplay Has been pathetic for the Last 5 years, but at some point they have to address this.
Its so easy to Break it. Just forecheck hard Out pressure on the Player who hast the Puck and See him loose it.

We are to slow when setting Up, too easy to read and to Limited offensively.

The defense and goaltending is great. You Put draisaitl and mcdavid (basically all forwards of the Oilers or Toronto) infront of that and you have a Cup contender or atleast a very, very good Team on both ends.

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
@Nexon
Well for that one would Need scoring.
And i don't See that anywhere. Sweden was not unbeatable and should have lost today, but If you don't Score on any of your four Powerplays then this Happens.
And i know the German Powerplay Has been pathetic for the Last 5 years, but at some point they have to address this.
Its so easy to Break it. Just forecheck hard Out pressure on the Player who hast the Puck and See him loose it.

We are to slow when setting Up, too easy to read and to Limited offensively.

The defense and goaltending is great. You Put draisaitl and mcdavid (basically all forwards of the Oilers or Toronto) infront of that and you have a Cup contender or atleast a very, very good Team on both ends.
game was even, what do you mean with Sweden should have lost?

Edenjung

Jun 7, 2018
@Eye of Ra
If the german team would have a better powerplay, they would have lost.
While Sweden played really good 5 on 5, they did get penalised a lot (and i think the ref was too sensitive).
So when i say that Sweden should have lost, i mean that they should have lost if they were playing a team with better offense and that there were enough opportunites for germany to win this and if they played better they would have won this.
Same goes for sweden. Less penalties and better finish and boom you win by 3 or 4.

Again i think sweden played really well. Your defense was awesome.

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
@Eye of Ra
While Sweden played really good 5 on 5, they did get penalised a lot (and i think the ref was too sensitive).
So when i say that Sweden should have lost, i mean that they should have lost if they were playing a team with better offense and that there were enough opportunites for germany to win this and if they played better they would have won this.
Same goes for sweden. Less penalties and better finish and boom you win by 3 or 4.

Again i think sweden played really well. Your defense was awesome.
Fine.

Bokk would be nice to have on the powerlay for you guys. big misstake to leave him home

Edenjung

Jun 7, 2018
Yeah i think so too.
I don't know what was going through Kreis's head when he made that decision.

Old Man Jags

Mar 25, 2006
@Eye of Ra
So when i say that Sweden should have lost, i mean that they should have lost if they were playing
@Eye of Ra

. ..
and if my aunt had balls, she would be my uncle. The German team doesn’t have a better power play - and as far as I can see no forward threat - so no issue with Sweden’s win.

Reindl87

May 18, 2012
Gotta hope Leon drops out and comes because I do not see a way how they are going to score goals with current squad.
Well, three of Germany's top offensive players are not there, so no suprise really. Someone Like Bokk would be a Game changer as Well. That being said, I fear there is no chance that Draisaitl is willing to join the team.

Nexon

Apr 18, 2019
Well, three of Germany's top offensive players are not there, so no suprise really. Someone Like Bokk would be a Game changer as Well. That being said, I fear there is no chance that Draisaitl is willing to join the team.
Well he almost always joined when he could

swissdude

May 18, 2019
I think with Germany the same applies like for the Swiss. If they're lacking NHL firepower in offense then they have a hard time to score and therefore to win games. You shouldn't lose when you only concede one goal against sweden... If they can add Draisaitl it's a totally different stroy and they become a real threat

Nexon

Apr 18, 2019
Almost yes. But i just don`t see him joining this year. I think his frsutration level will simply be too high.
He has pretty good chance to earn himself first international medal this year. I think he will be motivated enough.

EK47

Feb 7, 2013
The irony of Germans complaining about missing their top offensive players when playing against Sweden in the world championships.

Last edited:

Reindl87

May 18, 2012
The irony of Germans complaining about missing their top offensive players when playing against Sweden in the world championships.
Well, Sweden`s talent pool is a gazillion times bigger than the German one.

EK47

Feb 7, 2013
Well, Sweden`s talent pool is a gazillion times bigger than the German one.
That’s my point, maybe you have a better shot than if both teams get most of their talent pool. Either way europe needs to find a way to seriously compete with the NHL because their monopoly is getting silly.

Reactions: Reindl87

SwissFan12

May 15, 2022
Germany is solid, with a bit of puck luck I could see them win against Finland.

The question that remains is : what face of Finland are we gonna see ?

aphyro

För evigt trogen AIK
May 16, 2013
Sundsvall
Sweden was a disaster this game... and can thank their lucky star Germany didnt win that game.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad