German football season 2023/24

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
HSV, tied 1-1 against the worst team in 2. Bundesliga. Osnabrück gets a red at 76 minutes.

... HSV ends up losing 2-1. This team will never make it back to the Bundesliga.

Bon Esprit

Jan 24, 2004
2. Bundesliga
Feb 24th
Osnabrück (18.) - Hannover 96 (5.) 1:0
March 3rd
HSV ( (3.) - Osnabrück (still 18.) 1:2

And after this, Osnabrück is still 7 points behind a non relegation spot.

LOL

P.S.
It's springtime and it's happening again, HSV fans. Same procedure as every year, miss Sophie.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bringer of Jollity

gary69

Sep 22, 2004
Then and there
So, is Hoffenheim's Maximilian Beier becoming a legit good striker at the age of 21? Two goals again today, total 12 league goals. Looks skinny, but but he gets into right spots to score.

Spent last two seasons in 2.BL on loan.

Reactions: Bringer of Jollity

Albatros

Aug 19, 2017
Ostsee
HSV, tied 1-1 against the worst team in 2. Bundesliga. Osnabrück gets a red at 76 minutes.

... HSV ends up losing 2-1. This team will never make it back to the Bundesliga.

Some interesting results otherwise too, 9th placed Karlsruhe was actually the highest-ranked team that won their match this weekend.

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis

As a minor Osnabrück fan, loved the result, even if Osnabrück is still likely to go down. It's looking more and more like St. Pauli will go up. I'm very excited for that; matches there are such fun.

Reactions: maclean

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Man, a world with St Pauli and Union in the top Bundesliga and HSV and Hertha in the second... 🤩
J3XC.gif

Reactions: luiginb

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
So, is Hoffenheim's Maximilian Beier becoming a legit good striker at the age of 21? Two goals again today, total 12 league goals. Looks skinny, but but he gets into right spots to score.

Spent last two seasons in 2.BL on loan.

I dunno, but Beier has the pedigree from the academy level, and though he wasn't very prolific during his Hannover loan, he did round his game out a lot playing on the wing for them.

I think there's a good player there, but whether that's a bigger but not quite as fast version of Timo, or a real penalty area poacher with the size & speed to be a menace in all facets of the game...only time will tell.

I'm certainly very intrigued by the season he's been having, even if I am still more excited for the likes of Moukoko, Weiper, & Brunner...at least as potential Füllkrug successors.

Can definitely see Beier become a great complementary guy who's size, speed, and running helps make life easier for the more skilled creatives / more clinical strikers, as long as he keeps this workrate.

Last edited:
Reactions: gary69

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
Stuttgart have a lot of kids with talent who are finally playing up to it. Millot, Stiller, Führich, Vagnoman, Ito, etc.
They've always had some decent talent. It just never clicked or went elsewhere.

But it's more than that this year. The coaching job along with the spirit? (I guess that's the best way to put it) around the club this year make it completely different. Having a guy who they KNOW will score doesn't hurt, but yeah, a lot of the other parts have been brought in and feel confident to perform.

The manager has been quite a lot of that.

Reactions: cgf

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
They've always had some decent talent. It just never clicked or went elsewhere.

But it's more than that this year. The coaching job along with the spirit? (I guess that's the best way to put it) around the club this year make it completely different. Having a guy who they KNOW will score doesn't hurt, but yeah, a lot of the other parts have been brought in and feel confident to perform.

The manager has been quite a lot of that.

He’s done good work with young teams before, his Hoffenheim’s were very streaky though. So it’s been impressive that stuttgart has maintained this.

Reactions: Chimaera

Bon Esprit

Jan 24, 2004
I can't bring myself to cheer for that team even if it would be funny to see a team of that caliber knock Bayern out.
Well, it didn't happen.
No, I don't like that club, though Miro once played for them.

This one is good. All in German.

I never knew Rostock played Ulm in Bundesliga.

This one belongs to the funniest moments

Last edited:

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Rough but I'm glad that those are automatic reds in the BuLi. Sucks cause we could've gotten something out of this if not for switching off twice, but we're just too wasteful. We should've been up by a goal or two before Guirassy ever got the chance to give VFB the lead.

Nice goals from VFB's two revelations of the season. Führich should probably be on the team for the EM.

I sometimes wonder how differently this season would've gone for us if Boniface hadn't gotten himself on clubs like Leverkusen's radar and we had been able to snag him. Losing out on Boniface & Real stealing that win in our first CL match feel like two major forks in our season.

gary69

Sep 22, 2004
Then and there
Musiala sets up Kane for a close range tap-in to put Bayern ahead against relegation spot Mainz. The move was started by Muller's long range ball to swap flank to Musiala.

luiginb

Aug 23, 2007
Barcelona
Musiala sets up Kane for a close range tap-in to put Bayern ahead against relegation spot Mainz. The move was started by Muller's long range ball to swap flank to Musiala.
It's so Musiala to give that amazing pass after having lost all the balls he's played the first 15 minutes. Even the goal came after a ball he miscontrolled, but that pass was 10/10. Bayern smell blood in the water, I wouldn't be surprised if the score were very high today, no mercy for the team that helped them win the title last year.

gary69

Sep 22, 2004
Then and there
2-0 now, Goretzka scores from a rebound after Kane hit the post. Kimmich started it with a quickly taken free kick when Mainz were far from ready.

gary69

Sep 22, 2004
Then and there
It's so Musiala to give that amazing pass after having lost all the balls he's played the first 15 minutes. Even the goal came after a ball he miscontrolled, but that pass was 10/10. Bayern smell blood in the water, I wouldn't be surprised if the score were very high today, no mercy for the team that helped them win the title last year.

That's why always pay little attention to creative players', who are expexted to provide that final ball, stats looking poor when looking at them in a vacuum, number/% of poor passes, turnovers etc.

It's to pe expected for their role and a top team can afford one such a player. Of course team can't afford the same leniency to other players in more defensive or supporting roles.

And now BM get the PK, but I don't think it will remain a PK. Overturned indeed, the ball only hit the back, not the arm.

Edit: Mainz score, quite a shot by Amiri.

luiginb

Aug 23, 2007
Barcelona
Yeah chubby ref was wrong, hit the defender in the back.

It's still impressive how many balls Musiala manages to lose, he lost two more since haha.

2-1 now, Amiri showing why 3-5 years ago was considered a great prospect for Germany, great shot, but that wall by Bayern was Sunday league quality.

gary69

Sep 22, 2004
Then and there
Scary looking collision, Guilavogui hits his head against teammate's knee, but at least he is able to walk away from the pitch for his substitution.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad