Speculation: Gerard Gallant and the Habs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deebs

There's no easy way out
Feb 5, 2014
Would a bevy of trades and a coaching change save Bergevin's job or is he safe no matter what?

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Would a bevy of trades and a coaching change save Bergevin's job or is he safe no matter what?

I think he's safe no matter what. But that shouldn't mean he should be inactive. I'm all for Gallant.

I recall last time the week before Therrien was fired, and after Gallant unceremoniously got canned in Florida, there were reports that Gallant was spotted around the Bell Center. They ended up going with CJ after he got fire in Boston.

So I would imagine MB may look into Gallant again.

Reactions: WickedPegJets

loudi94

Master of my Domain
Jul 8, 2003
Alberta
Not to open up the French debate, but have we had enough losing over the past 30 years to avoid the anglo coach controversy? In the event that housecleaning takes place, Molson must take the reins and say that status quo is holding us back. Surely people remember who the coaches that took us to dynasty teams were.

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville
I still think that Ducharme will be next hc after Julien is gone.

Not enough experience in my minds. Look at Pascal Vincent who has a smiler profil then Ducharme and it’s been 10 years that he is learning the job and he still dosen’t had a shot. It took 5 years as HC in the AHL for Keefe before having a shot. Ducharme will need more years in the pro having a HC and he will probably need to coach in the AHL before.

CauZuki

Feb 19, 2008
I think he would be. He seems to be the kind of coach players are ready to go through a wall for.

Also, what he was able to do in Florida and then in Vegas, I would say he would probably do more than Julien. Just my thoughts on that.

How hard could it possibly be to replace this on a nightly basis:

tumblr_nqklqeCmB91tfqvryo1_1280.gif

hockeyface.gif

giphy.gif

tumblr_n5labtsDjG1skgd7ao1_500.gif

:sarcasm::sarcasm:

Last edited:

Beer and Chips

Feb 5, 2018
In a very brief summary of his coaching record he seems to reach a high level then gets fired relatively shortly after, it's weird. Anyone have info?

OnTheRun

/dev/null
May 17, 2014
In a very brief summary of his coaching record he seems to reach a high level then gets fired relatively shortly after, it's weird. Anyone have info?

Just the way it is for coaches really.

In Florida he was hired by Dave Tallon and was fired quickly after Tim Rowe took over. In Vegas he was hired by McPhee and fired quickly after McCrimmon took over.

The moral of the story is coaches are living on borrowed time when a new GM come in.

Reactions: Per Sjoblom
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad