Confirmed with Link: Georgiev sent to Hartford; Mazanec recalled to NYR

Harbour Dog

Jul 16, 2015
St. John's
I think this is the best way to handle the situation. We don't have another goalie to trust with NHL starts, and we can't have Geo sitting as much as it looks like he will be.

If he can take even moderate steps forward this year, we're going to have a bit of a logjam when Shesty comes over next season. I would hope that they're doing everything they can to develop and assess Geo this year.

And give other teams a chance to see what will most likely be the latest piece of Allaire-trained trade bait.

Reactions: TheGortonConspiracy

Good Intentions

Mar 30, 2018
Everyone (Larry Brooks included) needs to relax/STFU with Henrik's rest. It's not about # of games started, it's mostly related to how much rest between starts/no BB, etc.

Thursday - Islanders
Saturday - Panthers
Monday - Stars
Wednesday - Islanders

+ Flyers/Caps on Friday/Saturday. Georgiev will be back for one.

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
This is primarily a first half approach.

I think they want Lundqvist in a groove early and will probably ease up on the throttle starting around December.

But you can’t have Georgiev just hanging around until that time, so you get him games now, and then he probably sees more NHL action later.

Georgiev is still a young goalie, and he has only played 50 some odd North American pro games to this point. He needs ice time.

I actually think it’s a pretty smart approach.

Last edited:

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
I'm sure while Mazanec would like to get into a game, he's probably not complaining about sitting on the NHL roster, collecting NHL-level pay. It's not a terrible deal for him.

He has a good AHL salary at $200K, but his NHL salary is $650K.

Riche16

McCready guitar god
Aug 13, 2008
The Dreaded Middle
I'm sure while Mazanec would like to get into a game, he's probably not complaining about sitting on the NHL roster, collecting NHL-level pay. It's not a terrible deal for him.

Working with Benny and soon to be 6th winningest tender in history, Hank probably doesn’t suck either.

Reactions: NCRanger

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011

300% pay while sitting on the bench

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
good for Georgiev, gave up 3 in 1st (2 PPG) then shut down the baby Isles, HWP win in OT 4-3

Nieves 1G 1A, btw

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
cripes, what if Hank pulls a groin muscle tonight, i recall rare instances of skaters playing 2 in a day, but a G?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad