Recalled/Assigned: Georgiev sent down to Hartford Wolf Pack

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
WBS and Charlotte are close to locking down the final division spots for playoffs. It's between them and Bridgeport/Hartford who are definitely far behind.

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
I'd rather Georgiev just get games instead of having to deal with a trio of healthy goalies on the roster.

Oscar Lindberg

Dec 14, 2015
CA
Hartford is 30 points out of a playoff spot according to the AHL site so they probably just want to get him games

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
He would, but does he get more than 1 start?

I can see him getting the Carolina game, but thats probably it.

Hank is going to take the other 5.

Is Hank playing better recently than Geo?

The goalie who gives us the best chance to win right now is Geo. Hank a close second, Pavelec 3rd.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Hartford has been basically done for weeks now. They dug too large of a hole. There is basically zero chance of them making the playoffs and it's been that way for a while.

Not sure they give all the starts the rest of the way to Georgiev, though. Mazanec will definitely play. Although I guess it's better only having to split time with Mazanec than to split time with Lundqvist and Pavelec as well.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
Is Hank playing better recently than Geo?

The goalie who gives us the best chance to win right now is Geo. Hank a close second, Pavelec 3rd.

Well, Hank has barely played recently.

It wasn't too long ago that he stood on his head and won 2 games with back to back 50 save performances. I don't think that will happen against the better teams on our schedule (Washington, TB, Philly) but I can see him stealing a game that this team has no business winning.

... Or this team goes full post letter and loses the next 6 no matter who starts. I'd like that outcome better.

Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
The corresponding move, not that anyone cares, is that Chris Nell goes from Hartford to Greenville. Nell has actually played 9 ECHL games this season, but none for Greenville. We assigned him to both Adirondack and Kansas City. Greenville currently has four goalies on the roster, so it will be interesting to see how that works out. I do believe Halverson is injured, however, and one of the other three is on an ATO, so who knows.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Just play Pavs rest of the way. Henrik would never have that but at least 50/50 should happen.

haveandare

Jul 2, 2009
New York
Probably not great for his confidence to be sent down right after his first stinker after a dozen or so out of this world performances. The Niskanen goal was bad on him imo but the others were fairly reasonable given the shooters and our terrible d

Reactions: Ori

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Probably not great for his confidence to be sent down right after his first stinker after a dozen or so out of this world performances. The Niskanen goal was bad on him imo but the others were fairly reasonable given the shooters and our terrible d
Yeah you'd hope someone with the team had a conversation with him where it was explained that this wasn't punishment, it's just to make sure all the goalies get game action over the final couple weeks.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Yeah, true. Easy to forget from our end that they all interact a ton in ways we don't see.
Yeah, well, like I said, "you'd hope." For all I know they just told him he was headed to Hartford and handed him a bus ticket. :laugh: They're playing out the string at this point, I doubt anyone is in a great mood. But yeah, hopefully someone gave him the old "Atta boy" before he left.

haveandare

Jul 2, 2009
New York
Yeah, well, like I said, "you'd hope." For all I know they just told him he was headed to Hartford and handed him a bus ticket. :laugh: They're playing out the string at this point, I doubt anyone is in a great mood. But yeah, hopefully someone gave him the old "Atta boy" before he left.
Gorton seems like a competent guy, I'd be surprised if he didn't have similarly competent people under him making these kinds of moves but it's pretty much impossible to say from our angle.

G seemed very confident that he was an NHL player though, and for the most part proved that he was. Definitely hope someone told him this is an issue of getting everybody games and he has a great shot to be a full time NHLer next year.

Roo Returns

Skjeikspeare No More
Mar 4, 2010
Westchester, NY
Eh, not a fan of this move but it's fine. He's a young kid, he'll be ok. He played very well, is a very likable player ,and makes going after someone like a Raanta reunion, Hutton, even Cam Ward all who will cost a few million redundant and the money can be spent in other areas.

Would love to see him get 20-25 starts next year and let Henrik rest.

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
Georgiev responded as well or better than anyone could've hoped.

The only "concern" the Rangers could have is about getting him more experience and opportunities to run with things as a starter.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad