George Washington University changes nickname

GindyDraws

I will not disable my Adblock, HF
Mar 13, 2014
Indianapolis
I'm an A-10 guy, so I did. Which is how I know that Revolutionaries was one of TEN options they put on the table and ALL of them were really terrible.

They had a game where they let each fan pick their favorite by taking a pennant with the name. So all the fans were holding pennants and they counted which name got picked the most.

Revolutionaries didn't win that, but they wanted the data.

Most people thought the best name of the 10 was "Blue Fog". Which is really bad. How you gonna make a logo out of that?
I assume you weren't aware of the concept of "sickos", who find the stupidest (not worst, because it's not fun ragging on something that's beyond their control) options and support it unironically. It's like when Homer Simpson was in the film festival and despite there being multiple options of varying quality and emotional stature, he originally wanted Man Getting Hit by Football (and didn't even call it by that title) to win purely because a man got hit in the groin by a football.

It's also why you see folks attempt to recreate Boaty McBoatface.

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
It seems like a change for the best, no? George Washington being mostly known and revered for what he did after the moment he stopped being a Colonial and started being a Revolutionnary.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $340.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Bologna vs Udinese
    Bologna vs Udinese
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $365.00