OT: George Parros Out With Concussion

JohnTonelliRises

Tonelli Approves↑
Sep 29, 2006
Connecticut
I didn't watch all of the game yesterday, but I knew that Boulton and Parros fought earlier in the game. I was also made aware that JT was crushed near the net too (no one came to his defense apparently, sigh).

However, since Lubo is out with a concussion, this should scare some of us on this board, Parros may retire because of this...

Anyway, I'm not speaking for Parros' antics in general, but apparently he's a pretty adroit guy, graduating from Princeton (he's Greek as well:yo:). This is just plain sad if he retires because of this.

Duanesutter12

Member of Lou's Orchestra
Jul 8, 2013
Hong Kong
He should retire! Knowing what we now know...... Having two concussions in three months is not a good thing! Boulton really hit him with a clean shot there at the end. Also, I wouldn't say no one came to Tavares defense. There was a little skirmish afterwards and Martin went after Eller later but he was having none of that!

Tavares2TheRescue

#JreeFroadwayBay
Feb 6, 2010
Champaign, IL/LI, NY
Considering the nature of his job (getting punched in the face), I would say it is probably in his best interests to call it quits. Concussions, especially when there are multiple, are serious business.

steveat

Jun 4, 2011
He got a good hit to the jaw. If you jam someones jaw like that, you get a concussion. I had the same thing happen to me when I was younger and mine was even harder from a knee. I couldn't see straight for almost 5 min. I think Parros' inury is a light concussion but he's gonna have a big headache in a few weeks. It creeps up on you.

Bunk Moreland

Mar 16, 2010
Long Island
Not sure why you would be calling for him to retire when we have no idea the severity of it. He could be back to normal in a couple days and never have a concussion again for all we know.

I like parros he's a good guy and an extremely smart man I believe he's an Ivy League guy and not just there for hockey either.

bigd

Jul 27, 2003
Not sure why you would be calling for him to retire when we have no idea the severity of it. He could be back to normal in a couple days and never have a concussion again for all we know.

I like parros he's a good guy and an extremely smart man I believe he's an Ivy League guy and not just there for hockey either.
Well if he's really that smart he should call it quits now. Every time he get's another concussion he loses a little bit more of those Ivy league smarts.

crashthenet

Jul 9, 2004
Hockey Falls
Parros is a good guy. Shame he's injured. Not sure why I should be scared?

If he retires to save himself further head trauma he'll probably be better off in the long run. Pretty sure he knew that when he woke up Saturday morning.

Is this supposed to be an anti-fighting thread?

scott99

May 13, 2005
Parros is a good guy. Shame he's injured. Not sure why I should be scared?

If he retires to save himself further head trauma he'll probably be better off in the long run. Pretty sure he knew that when he woke up Saturday morning.

Is this supposed to be an anti-fighting thread?

Parros also had the greatest mustache in the history of hockey ! Well, maybe after Lanny MacDonald.

JohnTonelliRises

Tonelli Approves↑
Sep 29, 2006
Connecticut
I understand the crucial role that fighters and enforcers have in the game. It's just a shame to see a guy like that suffer.

Anyway, why is the Isles med staff suspect? Are they trying to pull that BS insurance scam?

crashthenet

Jul 9, 2004
Hockey Falls
I understand the crucial role that fighters and enforcers have in the game. It's just a shame to see a guy like that suffer.

Anyway, why is the Isles med staff suspect? Are they trying to pull that BS insurance scam?

A long history of mis-diagnosis. 2 things that stick out in my mind: the Kevin Colley injury and Comrie's hip. I'm sure not sure how Cmac was able to return this year after it was clear he couldn't get up and down the ice.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad