Confirmed with Link: George Parros Has Officially Retired

la patineuse

Aug 21, 2010
It wasn't for nothing that George Parros had a connection with fans that only a few players have. He wasn't the fastest, most skilled player, but he stood up for his teammates and had a great personality on and off the ice that attracted a strong following. I hope the Ducks organization can find a place for him too.

Congratulations George!

Fighter

Jan 1, 2004
Trieste, Italy
He was a better player than the statics show. Great teammate, did the enforcer role very well despite not being the best fighter out there (but improving dramatically in the last seasons with us).
I'm glad he called it a career before another concussion could harm him for good. I'm sure he can be serviceable in a managerial post too, given his Princeton degree.
And aside of this, he looked like a GREAT human being.

Best of luck George, the best 'STACHE ever!!!

mightyquack

eggplant and jade or bust
Apr 28, 2010
Congrats to George for the career.

Shame about that eye injury a few years ago as he was a shadow of his former self after that, but had a great career none the less.

Glad to read he's working with the Ducks in his post-playing days now!

QnebO

Wheel, snipe, celly
Feb 11, 2010
Sad to see him go. One of the franchise characters for Ducks imo. There is that "something" in him. Enjoy your retirement.

parros.jpg

Getzmonster

Jul 24, 2014
Sorry to hear that his NHL career has come to a close, but glad to have him back with the org and around SoCal. It's crazy how quickly he became a fan favorite, very cool guy and there's just something about that glorious 'stache.

He'd be fun to hand a mic to and get a few player interviews. I'd like to see him take over those little "lunch with ____" spots that Lisa Hillary used to do.

Any how, best of luck to big Jorge, hope top see him around. And that VG shirt ^^^ is awesome, Imma need one.

Squirrel in the Hole

Be the best squirrel in the hole
Feb 18, 2004
Sydney
I forgot about the breakaway goal! Actually now that I think of it he had another one against the Maple Leafs that was quite the shot.

I remember this one game Parros scored two goals...and there is this amazing picture of Selanne holding up three to indicate the hat trick is coming. Great photo. :laugh:

EDIT:
Parros&Selanne.jpg

Yep, I remember that game, it was against the Red Wings.

Squirrel in the Hole

Be the best squirrel in the hole
Feb 18, 2004
Sydney
I would have loved to have seen him sign a one day contract with the Ducks and go out like Alfie did.

Always rooted for him no matter what team he played on.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad