Confirmed with Link: George Parros Has Officially Retired

Ducksforcup

Jan 5, 2006
Irvine, California
Last edited:

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
Parros is an awesome human being and was a decent enough enforcer for us for a few years.

I wish him the best of luck and hope he can take on a prominent role in hockey some day.

Ando

Keyboard Warrior
Oct 18, 2014
Central Coast, CA
I just posted in the former Ducks thread about this :laugh:. He deserves his own thread!

I'm already loving his post-retirement involvement with Violent Gents, since they are huge Ducks fans and I think they are OC based. Best of luck Parros! The greatest moustache to ever play on the Ducks!
74540765.jpg

Ducksforcup

Jan 5, 2006
Irvine, California

I forgot about the breakaway goal! Actually now that I think of it he had another one against the Maple Leafs that was quite the shot.

I remember this one game Parros scored two goals...and there is this amazing picture of Selanne holding up three to indicate the hat trick is coming. Great photo. :laugh:

EDIT:
Parros&Selanne.jpg

Mr Rogers

Jul 11, 2010
Calgary
I am actually happy that he retired, so that he can put that brain of his to work. Looks like his business is already pretty successful. Always liked him

TorontoMapleLeafsFan*

http://www.nhlpa.com/news/george-parros-retires-from-nhl-after-nine-seasons

Just wanted to make this thread because Mr. Parros was an integral part of the Anaheim Duck organization for six seasons. Class act all the way through. He played the game the right way.

Currently, he is working with the Ducks in another capacity. I wish him the best of luck. With that impressive degree from Princeton, I'm sure everything will work out just fine. :)

:handclap:

George Parros was an amazing fourth line enforcer! Have a great retirement, George.

Finnpin

"internet"
Oct 10, 2005
Helsinki
Enforcer role in hockey is the toughest one mentally and physically and I have huge respect for those guys :handclap: I still remember the day Ducks traded to get Parros. All the best for him in life after hockey, he is smart so he will do just fine.

snowave

Jan 7, 2012
Idaho
Good to hear.. I was worried he's get picked up and chance another concussion this year. Love the guy... wish the Ducks would add him as an Analyst... I'd be more than willing to swap out Julie, Mark or even Guy.

DarthYenik

Sep 15, 2011
California
Good to hear.. I was worried he's get picked up and chance another concussion this year. Love the guy... wish the Ducks would add him as an Analyst... I'd be more than willing to swap out Julie, Mark or even Guy.

No! I want George and Guy together. Two of my favorite Ducks personalities.

Dr Johnny Fever

Eggplant and Teal
Apr 11, 2012
Lower Left Coast

I've got a better idea. Let's swap him for Hazy. :nod:

BTW, is there something wrong with my TV or does Guy have a tall skinny head like Keith Morrison?

Ducksforcup

Jan 5, 2006
Irvine, California
I've read this twice today, but have never seen anything anywhere else about it. What is his position? And the article said he moved to Vegas.

I don't remember where I read it before, but from Parros's interview with the Ducks today he mentions something.

http://ducks.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=742688

I definitely want to keep the Ducks close to home, so I’ve been working with them a little bit and hopefully will in the future. I’m just waiting to see what happens when the dust settles.

BrewBot13

Nov 23, 2014
Lakeland Florida
Was hoping he'd go one more season. Goodbye BEST STACHE in the Nhl history. Goodbye big guy and best of all one of the all time greats to drop the gloves too!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad