George McPhee II

Status
Not open for further replies.

rocky7

DAT 13
Feb 9, 2013
God's country
Brouwer's comments being classless, are another representation of the problems with this organization. Noone acts professional. What a joke and an embarrassment.

Bananas

Sponsor
Mar 26, 2007
I will go on the record and say this:

This is starting to remind me of the end of the BB era. I'm thinking McPhee has probably lost it, but there is no one I'd rather see be at the helm of a Caps cup season than him. He's almost out of time in my book, but it sure would be great if he manages to pull this off...somehow.

msrulo

Feb 3, 2013
Toronto, ON
Brouwer's comments being classless, are another representation of the problems with this organization. Noone acts professional. What a joke and an embarrassment.

Brouwer is on pace to 40 goals in a 82 game season. I wouldn't be chirping that.

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Marin County — SF Bay Area, CA
I will go on the record and say this:

This is starting to remind me of the end of the BB era. I'm thinking McPhee has probably lost it, but there is no one I'd rather see be at the helm of a Caps cup season than him. He's almost out of time in my book, but it sure would be great if he manages to pull this off...somehow.

One can only hope.

Look at our top 8 D-men now. Really really really bad

Ajax1995

Dec 9, 2002
Yes because telling the truth and saying Brouwer was on pace for 35+ goals over a full season would have changed anything about the argument.

Backstrom has his most productive game of the season in the game his regular right winger is out sick. Coincidence...?

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Yes because telling the truth and saying Brouwer was on pace for 35+ goals over a full season would have changed anything about the argument.

Backstrom has his most productive game of the season in the game his regular right winger is out sick. Coincidence...?

Brouwer has 6 goals in his last 9 games. What point are you trying to make?

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
He's making no point, he's splitting hairs as usual to detract from the spirit of a post. Everyone else got it.

Ajax1995

Dec 9, 2002
So we're all supposed to simply accept McPhee math now, you don't actually have to have scored 20 goals for someone to say you did and you don't actually have to be on pace to score 40 goals for some to say you are?

And my point about what, preferring accurate math or who was conspicuously absent from Backstrom's wing for his 3 point night?

Or was it my read between the lines point that Semin has 12 points in his last 6 games...? ;)

EroCaps

Aug 24, 2003
Virginia
Brouwer is outproducing his contract and a good force in the dressing room by all accounts.

He's getting **** on why? bc he called Semin for what he is?

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009
Considering this thread has "Death" and "The Undertaker" in its title:

RIP Paul Bearer

arpyo.jpg

Halpysback*

I remember when Aaron Voros had like 6 goals in 6 games to start a season and everyone thought he was gonna end up with a 50 goal season.

Brouwer needs to be taken away from Backstrom. Dude hogs the puck like crazy. Since Ovechkin is so intent on being a setup guy and Ribeiro has a boner for right shots and can't win a faceoff to save his life Brouwer-Ribeiro-Ovechkin makes a good deal more sense.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
"The Streak"....it's that time of year. 21-0 or 20-1.

pictures-of-cm-punk-vs-the-undertaker-wwe-13.jpg

WOW Paul Bearer was only 58. I would have guessed much older.

Last edited:

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
So we're all supposed to simply accept McPhee math now, you don't actually have to have scored 20 goals for someone to say you did and you don't actually have to be on pace to score 40 goals for some to say you are?

And my point about what, preferring accurate math or who was conspicuously absent from Backstrom's wing for his 3 point night?

Or was it my read between the lines point that Semin has 12 points in his last 6 games...? ;)

It's the same math people use to call Semin a 40 goal scorer. It's 3 goals difference (37 vs 40) in this case. And don't forget, Brouwer is making 1/3 of what Semin makes.

BobRouse

Mar 18, 2009
Well technically it is OK to call Semin a 40 goal scorer (despite the pace argument) since he has scored 40 in the past and probably should have done it a couple more times if it wasn't for injuries.

I like Brouwer. He's playing fine with Backstrom.

We just need someone with a bit more skill with Ovechkin and Ribeiro but really have no fit on the roster better than Hendricks. Hopefully Laich will be back soon.

With his recent transactions I like what George is doing. He is realizing the lack of toughness and doing something about it.

I'll be curious to see how the next month goes and whether we will be buyers or sellers. If we are a longshot and still buyers then I'd say GMGM's job is on the line.

NobodyBeatsTheWiz

Happy now?
Jun 26, 2004
The Burbs
Brouwer was not a replacement for Semin.

Clear enough now? Ribeiro is the closest thing there was to a Semin replacement, especially if his presence shifts Laich to the wing. If it doesn't, there was really no direct replacement brought in for Semin. Wouldn't be surprised at all if they were counting on Kuznetsov to be that guy.

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
Wolski and Fehr were hoped to be Semin's replacement - as a winger.

Ribs replaces Semin's productivity.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad