Pre-Game Talk: Generic Hockey Related Thread Discussion

brentashton

Jan 21, 2018
I do not want this to go political…but as I understand things

Bertuzzi is a non starter as far as I understand to be traded to a CDN team. If traded , as a Canadian on a Canadian team, because he is unvaccinated he would not be allowed to cross the border. You currently do not have to proactively prove it when you cross, but if US DofHomeland Security/Border Customs asks for it he, has to provide that proof, which he would be unable to. As a Canadian playing on a US team currently, he’s on a work visa that basically supersedes this requirement when he travels north and then returns back to Detroit.

Don’t bother scouting, waste of time .

A little early into the hooch today, bud?:D
Khat

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008

Bertuzzi is a non starter as far as I understand to be traded to a CDN team. If traded , as a Canadian on a Canadian team, because he is unvaccinated he would not be allowed to cross the border. You currently do not have to proactively prove it when you cross, but if US DofHomeland Security/Border Customs asks for it he, has to provide that proof, which he would be unable to. As a Canadian playing on a US team currently, he’s on a work visa that basically supersedes this requirement when he travels north and then returns back to Detroit.

Khat
Yes, was thinking the same thing. He seems like a puke anyhow.

Also......not sure what the meaning of your cryptic response to me was?:huh:

Reactions: Porkleaker

Tarus

Jun 22, 2006
Edmonton
Marek said on the last 32 thoughts podcast that the Oilers have kicked tires on Bertuzzi.

I think he's probably a better fit for a playoff run than a guy like Patrick Kane for this team, plays more of a power forward game.

brentashton

Jan 21, 2018

Khat
Khat (pronounced like Kot, Mr Kot) is an illegal herbal stimulant plant from India. It’s not hooch but can also alter one’s state of mind. :)

AddyTheWrath

Mar 24, 2015
Toronto
1676435849552.png

Leonardlizard

Dec 3, 2021
I've always actually liked how Bertuzzi plays but in the maybe 10 games I've seen the red wings play with him he's been injured twice... Like a more skilled bigger Yamamoto in the small sample size via my amateur eye test.

OfCorsiDid

54 goals? Must've been the money!
Mar 20, 2017
Toronto, ON
I've always actually liked how Bertuzzi plays but in the maybe 10 games I've seen the red wings play with him he's been injured twice... Like a more skilled bigger Yamamoto in the small sample size via my amateur eye test.

I've liked his playstyle too. But I guess the real question to be asked is going from JP/Yamo to Bertuzzi make as big of a difference than adding Chychurn/Karlsson. One might be more realistic than the other, but we have to be honest about our weaknesses, but I'm not sure a forward solves our biggest one.

Honestly I like our forward depth. Or at least its far better than our defence.

Reactions: Leonardlizard

nexttothemoon

and again...
Jan 30, 2010
Northern AB
Of the forwards rumoured to be available (and just based on their on ice play) I'd honestly probably have it like this:

1 Meier clear #1
2 Kane although with his injury concerns... he's lost a little of his luster.
3 Bertuzzi... solid power forward although yes the whole "can he actually cross the border & stay healthy"... is an issue with him as well.
4 JVR

Reactions: Leonardlizard

Harry Curry

Oct 10, 2022
Bertuzzi is a non starter as far as I understand to be traded to a CDN team. If traded , as a Canadian on a Canadian team, because he is unvaccinated he would not be allowed to cross the border. You currently do not have to proactively prove it when you cross, but if US DofHomeland Security/Border Customs asks for it he, has to provide that proof, which he would be unable to.

That rule might change soon. Last week a bill passed in the House of Representatives (HR 185) to remove the vaccination requirement for crossing the border by air. The bill has passed second reading in the Senate. If the Senate does pass the bill it doesn't seem that Biden would veto it. The vaccination requirement could be lifted before the trade deadline.

Last edited:

brentashton

Jan 21, 2018
That rule might change soon. Last week a bill passed in the House of Representatives (HR 185) to remove the vaccination requirement for crossing the border by air. The bill has passed second reading in the Senate. If the Senate does pass the bill it doesn't seem that Biden would veto it. The vaccination requirement could be lifted before the trade deadline.
Thanks for sharing. I hadn’t heard that development.

Reactions: Harry Curry

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad