OT: General Video Game Discussion IX

Soldier13Fox

jävlar anamma (f'ing embrace, get with it)
Sponsor
Oct 8, 2013
Coon Rapids
Bard/wizard with 6th level spells.

Round 1:
-Action (spell) Mass Suggestion "It's no fun to dance alone, so start dancing when you see an ally dance"
-move: closer and hide (bonus action)

Round 2:
-Action (spell): Irresistible Dance on the enemy the others can all see.
-Bonus action (cantrip): Choice of Mage Hand and give the "BBG" the finger or Prestidigitation and add some music or light effects to go with the dancers.
-move: try not to fall over laughing.
Oh, that's good. Throw some Hideous Laughter on the guy leaning against the wall trying to act cool and we have a party

Reactions: Wabit

Wabit

May 23, 2016
Oh, that's good. Throw some Hideous Laughter on the guy leaning against the wall trying to act cool and we have a party

That would be 2 concentration needed with irresistible dance and hideous laughter. So hideous laughter after irresistible dance breaks.

• Haha
Reactions: Soldier13Fox

Wabit

May 23, 2016
@Soldier13Fox

Another use for mass suggestion (the duration on it is stupid long) is you slip it in during the inspirational speech something like "after we beat the BBG today we all go streaking though the room". Then you get 1st dibs on the BBG loot and a chance to go though your companions gear. It works with a chaotic or evil alignment. It makes for a good backstory as long as the spell is preloaded in a ring (or something) for a low level character offset.

The Bard class is boring to play so you need to really make your own entertainment with them.

Reactions: Soldier13Fox

BagHead

Dec 23, 2010
Minneapolis, MN
Bard/wizard with 6th level spells.

Round 1:
-Action (spell) Mass Suggestion "It's no fun to dance alone, so start dancing when you see an ally dance"
-move: closer and hide (bonus action)

Round 2:
-Action (spell): Irresistible Dance on the enemy the others can all see.
-Bonus action (cantrip): Choice of Mage Hand and give the "BBG" the finger or Prestidigitation and add some music or light effects to go with the dancers.
-move: try not to fall over laughing.
Everybody dance now!
Everybody dance now!

-Gob Bluth

Last edited:

Minnewildsota

He who laughs last thinks slowest
Jun 7, 2010
Slay the Spire is the GOAT
This.

Also, some of the YouTubers I follow, that check out Indie games, have been playing Goblin Stone quite a bit.

Also Spire of Glory - I've played it a bit. Good way to waste a "few" hours.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
I finished Forespoken. There might be some post game stuff to do, but I'm pretty done with the game. The story and the lore were good enough to keep me from quitting.

The world ended up too big for me due the lack of differing/interesting content. I turned it on easy mode for most of the open world stuff because the trash mob fights had turned into a tedious/repetitive slog. The main story stuff fights were decent. I should have just plowed though those instead of wandering around trying to do all the point of interest things (I should have quit on those much sooner).

I got my money's worth out of the game. I wouldn't put it on the "good games" list, but I also wouldn't put it on the "bad games" list. It'll just go collect dust on the games shelf with games I've beat but will probably never play again.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $220.00