OT: General UFC/MMA/boxing discussion III: Jon Jones is still a **** up

Status
Not open for further replies.

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
It's kinda amazing how much experience Overeem has. The guy has been pretty much everywhere. I still remember him as a skinny 205 kickboxer in his early Pride days, when he'd walk to the ring carrying a giant mallet.

Chuck Liddell made a name for himself against him. It's crazy how long the big guys stick around. Mir, Arlovski, Werdum, Overeem, Sapp.

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
Chuck Liddell made a name for himself against him. It's crazy how long the big guys stick around. Mir, Arlovski, Werdum, Overeem, Sapp.

Legit 230+ guys that are athletic and well rounded enough are pretty rare. Those that fit the bill can find fights almost as long as they want to. I think it's human nature at it's core, there's something special about larger than life dudes duking it out.

Deebs

There's no easy way out
Feb 5, 2014
When is Faber going to retire? He's still decent, but he has a lot of miles on him

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
About what you'd expect I guess. MMA is a HARD sport to learn, let alone be good at. Punk will need some more time. Still ballsy of him to even try.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
He's 38-years-old. You just can't expect success stepping in the octagon for the first time at that age and training for real for only two years.

mariolemieux66

Sep 17, 2008
Vancouver
heh this is different, UFC is also about giving a show and that fight probably sold a lot of PPVs

Oh for sure. I was talking for Punk's own good.

I was actually nervous and worry about the guy.

Even if Punk had experience as a boxer lets say, he doesn't stand much of a chance against a MMA guy. Look at Kimbo for instance.

Habs_Apostle

Feb 22, 2004
Crap, just tuned in and missed the fiasco. Well at least Mr Brooks didn't get hurt. Big boys now!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad