OT: General UFC/MMA/boxing discussion III: Jon Jones is still a **** up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Habs_Apostle

Feb 22, 2004
Cyborg is a savage. Be nice to see her against the top names. But no one wants to fight her, can't blame them.

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
It's a real shame Cyborg may never get that big fight because none of the top girls wants to take her on at a catch weight. A Rousey fight in Brazil would do some major money.

V13

Fire Sell Tank
Sep 21, 2005
M1 Habsram
It's a real shame Cyborg may never get that big fight because none of the top girls wants to take her on at a catch weight. A Rousey fight in Brazil would do some major money.

Cyborg just need to lose some muscle mass and cut to 135 then she will get the big fights.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah

Rousey hasn't fought in pretty much a year, she got destroyed and apparently even had suicidal thoughts after her loss.
That girl got seriously messed up, I think she should retire. She had her 15 min of fame beating on weaker girls. Not sure how she'd react to losing to Cyborg badly.
I really don't see her go up in weight either.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
A bit off topic, but I coach at a MMA gym here in Hong Kong. There's some serious talent coaching here. We have an ex boxing Olympian for Iran, UFC fighter for BJJ, even had a Gracie come up to give a seminar, Manny Pacquaio came to spare here back when he was relevant. Also have some very experience Muay Thai coaches, one of which currently holds two Championship Belts. Watching this guy train for his fights and throw his kicks around is really impressive. The noise it makes when he hits the pads...Damn.
Everyone in the gym usually stops to watch him a bit.

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
http://www.sherdog.com/news/news/Co...Lightweight-Crown-in-UFC-205-Headliner-111657

The rumor from a couple weeks ago is confirmed. :yo: Kinda sucks for Jose Aldo though, looks like he'll have to wait some more to get his fight.

Rousey hasn't fought in pretty much a year, she got destroyed and apparently even had suicidal thoughts after her loss.
That girl got seriously messed up, I think she should retire. She had her 15 min of fame beating on weaker girls. Not sure how she'd react to losing to Cyborg badly.
I really don't see her go up in weight either.

I was looking at it strictly from a money perspective. I hope to see Ronda fight again but I agree she might never come back to the octagon. She left judo after one big loss too and she was still pretty much in her prime there.

Last edited:

The Nightman

Plateaued User
Aug 13, 2006
http://www.sherdog.com/news/news/Co...Lightweight-Crown-in-UFC-205-Headliner-111657

The rumor from a couple weeks ago is confirmed. :yo: Kinda sucks for Jose Aldo though, looks like he'll have to wait some more to get his fight.

I was looking at it strictly from a money perspective. I hope to see Ronda fight again but I agree she might never come back to the octagon. She left judo after one big loss too and she was still pretty much in her prime there.

If Conor beats Eddie we'll probably never see him at 145 lbs ever again. Too huge of a weight cut for the guy.

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
If Conor beats Eddie we'll probably never see him at 145 lbs ever again. Too huge of a weight cut for the guy.

It's kinda dumb to even fight at 145 to begin with, even more so now. He just doesn't have the body type. I just hope the UFC will recognize this and put some pressure on him to drop the belt out of respect for the top contenders . If a third fight with Diaz gains some traction it could be another year before Conor fights at 145 again. He'll need a break at some point too, all this yo-yoing with his weight will wear him down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad