General Team Play

Rogie

ALIVE
May 17, 2013
Kyoungsan
After 12 games, MB seems to be solidifying the lines a bit more. Can see continuing with these line combos and just tweeking things here and there for a while.

Do you all think Spally/Winnie/Lupul are the typical 'shut down' line. They've now gone against Benn/Seg, the Jet's Wheeler line, and ow the Zetterberg line.
Although with Lupul they have a bit of offensive instincts, I think their priority has been to keep the opposition's scoring line off the score sheet first and foremost.

Whatever the Froese line is labelled or called, they seem to be starting to work together and getting better each game. Froese had a good look and rung the crossbar tonight. They don't seem a liability; overall that line brings energy, grit and some skill. I was surprised they didn't get a few more shifts in the first period. MB went to Kadri for some extra shifts early in the game it seemed.

Naz's line is likely to stay as is - as I think MB's patience will let this thing (lack of points) play itself out to the end, which is until that line starts getting more points.

Bozak's line - does MB change up this line - A wild idea would be Holland in and Bozak in the press box (nah, never happening). What are some tweeks or changes that could be made to that line - a call-up added PAP or Mathias sits out a game?

**Sorry to start another thread, but, wanted to make some comments and discuss the team a little moreso than individual players -which so many threads are devoted to.

cookie

Fresh From The Oven
Nov 24, 2009
Oven then stomach
For a guy put in a shutdown role, Lupul's been getting his fair share of chances.

Overall transitioning from the defensive zone to neutral zone has been muuuuch better--much less reliance on the chip off the glass and forwards continually providing support. They also seem to move as units as I haven't seen many stretch passes, which has both its pros and cons.

Bozak has had a rough patch defensively. Same with Polak and Marincin. Corrado should be given an opportunity over Marincin.

Rogie

ALIVE
May 17, 2013
Kyoungsan
For a guy put in a shutdown role, Lupul's been getting his fair share of chances.

Overall transitioning from the defensive zone to neutral zone has been muuuuch better--much less reliance on the chip off the glass and forwards continually providing support. They also seem to move as units as I haven't seen many stretch passes, which has both its pros and cons.

Bozak has had a rough patch defensively. Same with Polak and Marincin. Corrado should be given an opportunity over Marincin.

Yes, it would be nice to see Corrado.
Looks like Marincin won't get back in unless MB has a change of mind about Harrington, whom he seems to like.

Ciao

Jul 15, 2010
Toronto
I like Babcock's discipline in keeping lines intact.

If he's asking for consistency fro» the players, then he's leading the way and creating a good foundation for them to be consistent from one shift to the next.

I hadn't expected this much impact this early from a coach and I am truly impressed.

Rogie

ALIVE
May 17, 2013
Kyoungsan
I liked how he put Holland with Froese - kind of like, okay, you have to start back in on the 4th line and earn your ice time back. I mean, it could've been he just fit with that line anyways, although, I didn't think Froese's typical hard work, forecheck, backcheck, necessarily matches Holland, whom I see as more skillful and not as gritty, but, that line seemed okay. Though, I still liked how Froese/Grabner/Boyes were starting to find chemistry also.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad