WC: General Talk '12 — Switzerland

QnebO

Wheel, snipe, celly
Feb 11, 2010
The Swiss curse (originally published by some Canadian in the Swiss ranking-topic)

1993: Beats Sweden. loses to Italy & France, gets relegated
2000: Beats Russia, loses to France
2006: Beats Canada & the Czechs, can't beat Germany & Italy
2010: Beats Canada & the Czechs, loses to Germany
2011: Takes Canada to a shootout, loses to Norway

Could it be that when Siwss beat a topteam, then they dont take the easier opponent seriousely and lose to them? :help:

The Noot

scaldin ur d00dz
Apr 12, 2012
Zurich
The Swiss curse (originally published by some Canadian in the Swiss ranking-topic)

1993: Beats Sweden. loses to Italy & France, gets relegated
2000: Beats Russia, loses to France
2006: Beats Canada & the Czechs, can't beat Germany & Italy
2010: Beats Canada & the Czechs, loses to Germany
2011: Takes Canada to a shootout, loses to Norway

Could it be that when Siwss beat a topteam, then they dont take the easier opponent seriousely and lose to them? :help:

It would explain those "mysterious" breakdowns.

The reaction here in Switzerland is ridiculous. Everybody's blaming the NHL-players in our team for not being able to carry the whole team. Some of them seriously say that we should stop to send our players to NA because it "Endangers our development as a hockey-nation". :biglaugh:

Damn, sometimes I hate my fellow countrymen... :help:

zorz

Mar 8, 2010
It would explain those "mysterious" breakdowns.

The reaction here in Switzerland is ridiculous. Everybody's blaming the NHL-players in our team for not being able to carry the whole team. Some of them seriously say that we should stop to send our players to NA because it "Endangers our development as a hockey-nation". :biglaugh:

Damn, sometimes I hate my fellow countrymen... :help:

it's the same everywhere that casual fans have in some way distorted/unrealistic vision of hockey.

Partagas

Dec 20, 2011
I have three words in my language to tell about my deception:

Fanculo Svizzera ,Fanculo Simpson

It's clear we had bad luck with the lost of three important forward too but Simson destroyed in the last 2 games the good work of the first 4 .

bolt thrower

No war!
Aug 26, 2006
I have three words in my language to tell about my deception:

Fanculo Svizzera ,Fanculo Simpson

It's clear we had bad luck with the lost of three important forward too but Simson destroyed in the last 2 games the good work of the first 4 .

Un grande fanculo anche ai tifosi svizzeri, che banda di montanari sfigati:)

Simpson is a loser.

Partagas

Dec 20, 2011
Can´t help it but feel like Switzerland just doesn´t have the material to play offense first hockey (and win)...

We had it but one was in the team but never played(Sprunger), the other two (Moser and Rubin) very important power forward for each line (very big first 2 games) we lost because injury.

jonas2244

Jan 4, 2010
Can´t help it but feel like Switzerland just doesn´t have the material to play offense first hockey (and win)...

It works, sometimes, see the first two games of this tournament.
Offensive material got much better in the last two years, but it's still not at the point where Switzerland has a guaranteed place in the QF.

Especially the injury of Moser was very bad luck, but a coach needs to be able to replace him. Biggest fault of Simpson (in my eyes) was to nominate all 8 Defenders for the first game, which resultet in just having 11 forwards vs. Fra and Svk. It's much easier to play with 6 or 7 D than with 11 f. And we saw that today, Wick and Brunner got overplayed. Simpson also didn't have a replacement for Rubin, a good wing for the checker-line. That's why he tried to put Nino there, but Nino was urgently needed (and missed) with Wick/Ambühl.

Ashasx

Jun 30, 2010
Apologies, don't know if this is the best place to ask, but

Now that WHL playoffs are over, is there any chance Bartschi gets an invite now?

swisdan

Feb 18, 2005
earth
qube.cpacon.com
Apologies, don't know if this is the best place to ask, but

Now that WHL playoffs are over, is there any chance Bartschi gets an invite now?

1. For one game, and just 48 hours after his team was defeated... No...

2. Switzerland cannot add one players. The team is completed since a while.

So it's clear now.

slovakiasnextone

Jul 7, 2008
Slovakia
It works, sometimes, see the first two games of this tournament.
Offensive material got much better in the last two years, but it's still not at the point where Switzerland has a guaranteed place in the QF.

Especially the injury of Moser was very bad luck, but a coach needs to be able to replace him. Biggest fault of Simpson (in my eyes) was to nominate all 8 Defenders for the first game, which resultet in just having 11 forwards vs. Fra and Svk. It's much easier to play with 6 or 7 D than with 11 f. And we saw that today, Wick and Brunner got overplayed. Simpson also didn't have a replacement for Rubin, a good wing for the checker-line. That's why he tried to put Nino there, but Nino was urgently needed (and missed) with Wick/Ambühl.

But the first two games were against weaker opponents. (I mean Kazakhstan and Belarus have hardly been in top form in this tourney). The players that you missed might all be good players, but they´re just not the top end kind of players that make the difference between the average and above averahe teams in the tourney. When you look back at it, you will probably be telling yourselves that you were just unlucky or something to lose against the better teams (and I´m not speaking about Slovakia, but about Finland or Canada) by just one goal or that you have unuckily lost despite outplaying them in your eyes. But the fact will remain that those teams just have the material that can decide their win even if they are outplayed by the opposition. Switzerland lacks that. And the trouble is also in your own end, you tend to forget the deffense then, which results in your opponent´s counter attacks (and now I´m not speaking just about last night´s game when you just had to give everything in the offensive, but also in the game against Belarus for example).

croAVSfan*

But the first two games were against weaker opponents. (I mean Kazakhstan and Belarus have hardly been in top form in this tourney). The players that you missed might all be good players, but they´re just not the top end kind of players that make the difference between the average and above averahe teams in the tourney. When you look back at it, you will probably be telling yourselves that you were just unlucky or something to lose against the better teams (and I´m not speaking about Slovakia, but about Finland or Canada) by just one goal or that you have unuckily lost despite outplaying them in your eyes. But the fact will remain that those teams just have the material that can decide their win even if they are outplayed by the opposition. Switzerland lacks that. And the trouble is also in your own end, you tend to forget the deffense then, which results in your opponent´s counter attacks (and now I´m not speaking just about last night´s game when you just had to give everything in the offensive, but also in the game against Belarus for example).

You belong to kitchen...you are schizofrenic girl...go celebrate victory over swiss with your countrymens:rant: . Hopefully this one is last of yours at this WC.

jonas2244

Jan 4, 2010

Switzerland didn't outplay Fin or Can, but was equal and both games could have been the other way round. It's of course fact, that Switzerland doesn't have that Top-End offensive talent but we are not weaker then Norway, Germany, Latvia, etc. Svk is still a little bit ahead but not for long, their offenisve talent gets older and older.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad