Mar 25, 2007
T dot
Heres what I would like to see.

Ovechkin-Shipachyov-Semin
Tarasenko-Burmistrov-Kuznetsov
Zaripov-Gorovikov-Morozov
Tikhonov-Svitov-Kulemin
Artyukhin

*If Datsyuk is eliminated than slot him in on the first line, and shipachyov plays with Morozov, If its Radulov than switch him for
Zaripov or Semin.

Markov-Emelin
Kulikov-Nikulin
Nikitin-Gonchar
Orlov

Nabokov
Eremenko
Varlamov

I don't follow the KHL as much as I would like. Can someone say if there is a better checking centre than Svitov, thanks.

Dares

May 13, 2009
You dont follow the KHL, then i presume you follow the NHL, then i presume you gotta be out of your mind to put Nabokov in there.
I dont see him playing for national team again.
Nikitin- Tyutin -- i dont see Gonchar there....you watching any hockey at all ???
No Shirokov ??

Night_Vole

Mar 25, 2007
T dot
Wow way to be an ass, thanks. I try to start some discussion and ask for opinions, y don't u offer something constructive ie. who would u pick.

No I do other things with my life, not just watch hockey and sit on messege boards.

Nabokov has been good on a terrible islanders team, he messed up in 2010 OG **** happens: Eremenko messed up at the 2007 WC yet he seems to be playing well atm.

Nikitin is a solid D, Gonchar can run a PP and is still alot better than most other options available.

Edit: Tyutin is a good option, though I think he has a broken hand atm.

Which Winger would u take out for Shirokov?

Way more talent:
Radulov
Ovechkin
Semin
Kuznetsov
Taresenko

Morozov-captain not going anywhere

Zaripov maybe, but even than they are largely interchangble and neither should play if Radulov is available.

Don't say the bottom line, because I created that specifically as Checking/Energy line, something that Russian teams tend to overlook.

Last edited:

Night_Vole

Mar 25, 2007
T dot
Anisin does deserve to be there, I wanted to include him based on his PO. The problem is finding room for him as theres a bunch of wingers that are better than him. He's kinda small so this would be a good test to see if he can actually play at a higher level. I guess you could take him instead of Arty, although I like having one guy who can fight.

cska78

Nov 27, 2006
USA
www.fc-rostov.ru
too early to talk about it, let's see who's out of the play-offs and who's hurt. Morozov is out, Ovi, Semin, Buriy, Kulikov, Gonchar made the poffs. Kulemin is injured, Markov probably won't go to WC as he's missed all season but few games and won't risk getting injured again.

Yakushev72

Dec 27, 2010
Heres what I would like to see.

Ovechkin-Shipachyov-Semin
Tarasenko-Burmistrov-Kuznetsov
Zaripov-Gorovikov-Morozov
Tikhonov-Svitov-Kulemin
Artyukhin

*If Datsyuk is eliminated than slot him in on the first line, and shipachyov plays with Morozov, If its Radulov than switch him for
Zaripov or Semin.

Markov-Emelin
Kulikov-Nikulin
Nikitin-Gonchar
Orlov

Nabokov
Eremenko
Varlamov

I don't follow the KHL as much as I would like. Can someone say if there is a better checking centre than Svitov, thanks.

You have good choices here. The one that I would question is Burmistrov. I know that he is talented, and his relative lack of production can be partially explained by his age and injuries. But I just don't see what he has accomplished that would justify him making the WC roster.

Romang67

BitterSwede
Jan 2, 2011
Evanston, IL
You have good choices here. The one that I would question is Burmistrov. I know that he is talented, and his relative lack of production can be partially explained by his age and injuries. But I just don't see what he has accomplished that would justify him making the WC roster.

As someone who watches Burmi all the time, I can tell you that even if he isn't good enough to play in your top 6 (I have really no idea if this is the case, I never watch the KHL), he is tremendous defensively and should play for your PK and is definitely good enough to play in your bottom 6.

Mestaruus

Apr 11, 2011
Just curious, who is the best Russian goalie atm? I'm guessing someone from KHL or is it Khabibulin?

You dont follow the KHL, then i presume you follow the NHL, then i presume you gotta be out of your mind to put Nabokov in there.

Agreed. Nabokov was a disaster in last year's tournament and Finnish commentator and spectators were wondering, why he was given so many games while he performed so poorly after the first games already. Seemed like promised deal before the tournament. However, he might be better this year as he got to play with club unlike last year, I haven't checked on that.

Last edited:

Dares

May 13, 2009
Just curious, who is the best Russian goalie atm? I'm guessing someone from KHL or is it Khabibulin?

Agreed. Nabokov was a disaster in last year's tournament and Finnish commentator and spectators were wondering, why he was given so many games while he performed so poorly after the first games already. Seemed like promised deal before the tournament. However, he might be better this year as he got to play with club unlike last year, I haven't checked on that.

Khabibulin ???? hes not even in top 5
Forget about him, guy will never play for Russian national team.
You see him better than Varlamov, Bobrovsky, Bryzgalov ?????

Mestaruus

Apr 11, 2011
Khabibulin ???? hes not even in top 5
Forget about him, guy will never play for Russian national team.
You see him better than Varlamov, Bobrovsky, Bryzgalov ?????

Sorry i always mix these two Bryzgalov and Khabibulin... I meant Bryzgalov. I've thought personally that he's the best Russian goalie for the last year with my little knowledge of KHL goalies, so maybe there's someone else in the KHL?

Mestaruus

Apr 11, 2011
The best Russian goalie is Bryzgalov. But Varlamov and Barulin aren't far behind.

All right. I'll have to hope Philadelphia stays in the playoffs then incase our teams will meet or Russia will have a monster team. Oh wait, there's Malkin joining in that case if Bryzgalov isn't coming ;).

Jesus Christ Horburn

Aug 22, 2008
I'm excited to see Burmistrov play with Team Russia. He got off to a hot start in Winnipeg, but faded somewhat down the stretch. I think he became overwhelmed a bit with #2 C duties. However, he was by far Winnipeg's best defensive forward. It's amazing how good he is defensively. I think he's going to be nominated for the Selke in a few years.

Any chance Ivan Telegin goes? He's been dominating the OHL playoffs with Barrie.

Omark

Tesla stock
Aug 5, 2011
Espoo, Finland
Maxim Afinogenov, I know his season has been disaster but he's such a legend and has ALWAYS been good in WC and OG. Russia needs his energy and unbeliavable speed. He can play in fourth line or first line so I would pick him for sure.

Yakushev72

Dec 27, 2010
I'm excited to see Burmistrov play with Team Russia. He got off to a hot start in Winnipeg, but faded somewhat down the stretch. I think he became overwhelmed a bit with #2 C duties. However, he was by far Winnipeg's best defensive forward. It's amazing how good he is defensively. I think he's going to be nominated for the Selke in a few years.

Any chance Ivan Telegin goes? He's been dominating the OHL playoffs with Barrie.

IMHO, there is no chance that Telegin will play, and only a remote chance at best that Burmistrov will play. Since the role of a defensive forward is less critical on the large ice, Burmistov's age, inexperience, and lack of scoring ability makes it unlikely that he will appear in the WC, I think.

Fulcrum

Belyaletdinov said that they are counting on Burmistrov for the WC. No surprise, Burmi has a lot of potential, and because of low competition for C spot he is a real contender for OG. Also, considering that he lacks big tournament experience and the coaches goal of developing youth for OG, you can almost certainly count him in. Also there is a rule (not sure who governs it) that if any NHL player (under contract!) is invited to the camp, he MUST play at the WC.

As for Telegin or any other Jr. players, there is absolutely no way that a junior hockey player will be playing at the WC.

Afinogenov does not even deserve Russian Team C invite anymore, mostly because there is no way he'll play at the OG- so what's the point?!

Omark

Tesla stock
Aug 5, 2011
Espoo, Finland
no not really. He is about average now- which is good for his age, but he's certainly not faster than the youth.
????

Afinogenov has still unbelievable speed that no one else have. Okay, Mikhail Anisin and finnish Antti Pihlström could be nowadays even faster but Afinogenov's speed is special.

Yeah, he was faster few years ago but he's far from "average", definitely.

Unfortunately his other skills has decreased.. Puck control, deking, shooting... But he is still a good hockey player and very special because of his speed.

niljano

May 11, 2011
Afinogenov is only 32? He cant lost that much, or he has just trained badly.

Malkin has said yes to come if Pittsburgh get knocked out.

Russians are a good example of what playing for your country means.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad