WC: General Talk '12 — Finland (Part II)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haite

x
Jun 27, 2011
First thread reached 41st page and apparently no one else was willing to start a new one. Carry on.

Goalies:

Kari Lehtonen
Petri Vehanen
Karri Rämö

Defence:
Ossi Väänänen
Lasse Kukkonen
Topi Jaakola
Mikko Mäenpää
Janne Niskala
Anssi Salmela
Juuso Hietanen
Joonas Järvinen

Forwards:

Mikko Koivu
Jesse Joensuu
Janne Pesonen
Jarkko Immonen
Petri Kontiola
Jussi Jokinen
Mika Pyörälä
Niko Kapanen
Antti Pihlström
Valtteri Filppula
Mikael Granlund
Leo Komarov
Tuomas Kiiskinen
Jani Tuppurainen

Last edited:

mattihp

Aug 2, 2004
Uppsala, Sweden
PP seems like the only thing that will be changed for sure. Could lead to other changes later. Mikko and Mikke have played like they had a mental link when together so that may be a PP tweak. Mikke-Mikko-Immonen and Filppula-Kapanen-Jokinen/Komarov/Joensuu?

Last edited:

Haite

x
Jun 27, 2011
PP seems like the only thing that will be changed for sure. Could lead to other changes later. Mikko and Mikke have played like they had a mental link when together so that may be a PP tweak. Mikke-Mikko-Immonen and Jokinen-Kapanen-Pesonen/Komarov/Joensuu?

Filppula?

QnebO

Wheel, snipe, celly
Feb 11, 2010
Just remembered, whats up with Teemu Hartikainen not in the EHT camp? Hes a great physical energy player, and if petrol was there, he should've been too.

FiLe

Mr. Know-It-Nothing
Oct 9, 2009
Just remembered, whats up with Teemu Hartikainen not in the EHT camp? Hes a great physical energy player, and if petrol was there, he should've been too.
He's in the AHL playoffs. Oil released Lennu, but not him.

Mestaruus

Apr 11, 2011
I don't like Jalonen's inability to react..

Agreed. That may be his biggest flaw, but it has it's upsides if things happen to work. Too much patience is bad sometimes.

It's very possible it's going to work, but we'll never get to see how good some other combinations would be. They could be way better. Kekäläinen said it pretty well, kind of straight on Jalonen's face. He wondered why Jalonen doesn't even make line changes inside the games almost never.

SaunaMajuri

May 17, 2011
Tampere Finland
Our biggest problem is first line. Id like to see lines like this soon as possible.

Filppula-Koivu-Komarov
Pesonen-Immonen-Granlund
Joensuu-Kapanen-Jokinen
Pihlström-Kontiola-Tuppurainen

Komarov is that what first line needs to take their place as a best scoring line.

Jokinen and Kapanen have played together before and thats why it is easy to make a chance between Komarov and Jokinen.

Pyörälä is weak at the moment so now is good time to try Tuppurainen there.

Lapa

Global Moderator
Feb 21, 2010
Have any of you read Matti Hagman's writings in Ilta-Sanomat? He seems to be a bit lost..

Fallenity

Apr 12, 2011
Timonen, yes or no?

I doubt he'll come, apparently some injury nagging him (didn't he miss a game at some point?)

Even if he'd come, he doesn't have any experience with Jalonen's system and might actually cause more harm than good.

starduckets

Jul 4, 2011
Could someone tell me why Armia never really got a chance to make the team? I definitely feel like he could have had a really positive impact.. I know that he's young, but even at his age he is a lot better than most players on the team. Would've been awesome to see him on the 1st or 2nd line! :D

goodoldhockeygame

Sep 29, 2011
Could someone tell me why Armia never really got a chance to make the team? I definitely feel like he could have had a really positive impact.. I know that he's young, but even at his age he is a lot better than most players on the team. Would've been awesome to see him on the 1st or 2nd line! :D

he's injured........

Uncle Scrooge

Hockey Bettor
Nov 14, 2011
Helsinki

Wow, maybe you're overrating Armia abit too much :laugh:

It was inevitable for Jussi to get some points, but i hope that doesnt blind Jalonen in believing that the 1st line will work. I just cant see it happening.

For the most part in yesterday's game JJ wasnt bringing anything to that line.

goodoldhockeygame

Sep 29, 2011
Wow, maybe you're overrating Armia abit too much :laugh:

It was inevitable for Jussi to get some points, but i hope that doesnt blind Jalonen in believing that the 1st line will work. I just cant see it happening.

For the most part in yesterday's game JJ wasnt bringing anything to that line.

he should have scored when there was empty net in front....ony streits legs were there....but he seemed to have power of a puppy and couldnt do anything. (jussi)

FiLe

Mr. Know-It-Nothing
Oct 9, 2009
What, only two messages' worth of "Jussi is useless" statements following the game? You're not going soft, are you guys?

Also, Immonen scored only two. Still nowhere near the form. Shouldn't the lines still be mixed and him replaced with Kapanen? Or Granlund down the middle? Filppula?

Oh yeah, and Tuppurainen, Kiiskinen must be added immediately!

...24 hours...

FinRuutu

Red Wins
Feb 7, 2010
Helsinki
What, only two messages' worth of "Jussi is useless" statements following the game? You're not going soft, are you guys?

Also, Immonen scored only two. Still nowhere near the form. Shouldn't the lines still be mixed and him replaced with Kapanen? Or Granlund down the middle? Filppula?

Oh yeah, and Tuppurainen, Kiiskinen must be added immediately!

...24 hours...

HFBoards has always rated players according to "What has he done in the past 24h".

Small sample sizes are used to define a player all the time.

I said it after Belarus game, I said it after Slovakia game and I say it again. We can't jump to conclusion after these few games. Let's wait for the CAN & USA games at least, they are good measuring sticks.

Now we've seen first line click, we've seen second line click and both power plays got goals. Jussi got some points, Filppula got some goals, Immonen got some goals, all the players that "sucked" and underperfomed are (or almost) playing point / game.

You can judge a player based on one or two games you see in the WHC, but usually you make your self look like an ignorant idiot.

FiLe

Mr. Know-It-Nothing
Oct 9, 2009
Finland's lines vs. France, per YLE:

Vehanen (Lehtonen)

Mäenpää - Hietanen
Niskala - Salmela
Väänänen - Järvinen
Kukkonen - Jaakola

Filppula - Koivu - Jokinen
Pesonen - Immonen - Granlund
Komarov - Kapanen - Joensuu
Kiiskinen - Kontiola - Tuppurainen

Kisu, Allu in. Pillu and Spede scratched.

Lapa

Global Moderator
Feb 21, 2010
Why in the name of hell do we have Kiiskinen in the 4th line?

Uncle Scrooge

Hockey Bettor
Nov 14, 2011
Helsinki
Why in the name of hell do we have Kiiskinen in the 4th line?

That 4th line is probably there just to add some extra scoring against France. And also give Kiiskinen and Tuppurainen a chance to play and see how they do.

This kinda proves that Jalonen doesnt even plan on trying Kiiskinen on the 1st line which is the right thing to do IMO. Just because Kiiskinen scored couple nice goals in the EHT games doesnt mean that he can actually do something against the top teams in this tournament.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad