General Prospect Discussion (2023-24)

sigma six

Doesn't need stick tape
Aug 2, 2005
Cascadia
Catton or Buium would be dreamy, and do appear to be within reach at this point. I could picture Catton going even earlier than the mocks I've seen, however.

There's a part of me that would like to see Francis get us into position to take Eiserman. That kid just shoots and scores and shoots and scores... we really could use some of that on the wing, particularly as guys like Eberle age out. Just imagine him on Matty's left.

Reactions: Kevinsane

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Catton or Buium would be dreamy, and do appear to be within reach at this point. I could picture Catton going even earlier than the mocks I've seen, however.

There's a part of me that would like to see Francis get us into position to take Eiserman. That kid just shoots and scores and shoots and scores... we really could use some of that on the wing, particularly as guys like Eberle age out. Just imagine him on Matty's left.

Eiserman might fall too. He's not a fun player for scouts to focus on, plays like he doesn't care for 90% of his ice time, then he looks like Brett Hull for the rest. Actually I've heard Eiserman compared to Hull because that is what Hull did too, he was very unimpressive most shifts and then bang.

I wouldn't take the order on the public lists too seriously this early. We have no idea where guys like Buium or Silayev will go. Catton might slip past ten, as small forwards tend to do.

RainyCityHockey

Dec 24, 2019
Germany
Eiserman might fall too. He's not a fun player for scouts to focus on, plays like he doesn't care for 90% of his ice time, then he looks like Brett Hull for the rest. Actually I've heard Eiserman compared to Hull because that is what Hull did too, he was very unimpressive most shifts and then bang.

I wouldn't take the order on the public lists too seriously this early. We have no idea where guys like Buium or Silayev will go. Catton might slip past ten, as small forwards tend to do.

The comparison for Eiserman has been mostly Patrik Laine.
A guy with the potential to score 40- 50 every year but dissapears quite often and doesn't really show his full potential.

But, of course, he's very young so you never fully know what the kids going to end up looking like as a pro.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
The comparison for Eiserman has been mostly Patrik Laine.
A guy with the potential to score 40- 50 every year but dissapears quite often and doesn't really show his full potential.

But, of course, he's very young so you never fully know what the kids going to end up looking like as a pro.

He fits the caricature of Laine's game, I can see that, but I don't think the players have any resemblance in how they actually play.

RainyCityHockey

Dec 24, 2019
Germany
He fits the caricature of Laine's game, I can see that, but I don't think the players have any resemblance in how they actually play.

Well, the reports are talking about a winger with great scoring ability that just doesn't show up consistantly enough.

The latter part is the reason for the Lainer comparison cause Laine, on paper, has everything to be a consistant 40 - 50 goal scorer in this league but just isn't consistant enough.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Well, the reports are talking about a winger with great scoring ability that just doesn't show up consistantly enough.

The latter part is the reason for the Lainer comparison cause Laine, on paper, has everything to be a consistant 40 - 50 goal scorer in this league but just isn't consistant enough.

Some key differences to point out - Laine has what I would call month to month inconsistency. He once scored 18 goals in a November a few years back! He's also scored zero in some months. At least in the last few years he's been a consistent player without the puck, backchecks very well, etc...

Eiserman has not to my knowledge had a terrible scoring drought. He has been a consistent goal scorer for the NTDP team. But he doesn't show up shift to shift. When the other club has the puck he's a non factor.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Zeev Buium's older brother Shai is likely available from the Red Wings.

There's a main board thread on it.

They have a ton of LD ahead of him on their depth chart so it's likely he won't sign with the Wings at the end of his college career.

He's 6'3, very mobile, good defender, good shot, can play with skill but I wouldn't say he's very dynamic. Seems like he might have middle pair upside.

The Kraken have okayish depth at LD but have room for more, in my opinion.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
We don't talk about David Goyette much. No one seems to talk about him at HF.

He is playing on a juggernaut offensive team, but regardless, any player scoring 117 pts in 67 OHL games ought to be talked about. Fantastic skill.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad