OT: General OT Thread #40: Giving Up Winning for Lent Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dee Oh Cee

Aug 4, 2010
Eagan
Yeah, Sandford and Lee Child (Reacher books) are great. Vince Flynn had some of my favorite books ever...still sad by his passing. Also, for crime/police books, Michael Connelly is pretty good.

Obviously all fiction, so no idea if those are of any interest based on what you said your interests are.

Dampland

Mar 14, 2011
Gainfully Employed
Yeah, Sandford and Lee Child (Reacher books) are great. Vince Flynn had some of my favorite books ever...still sad by his passing. Also, for crime/police books, Michael Connelly is pretty good.

Obviously all fiction, so no idea if those are of any interest based on what you said your interests are.

Still can't believe that troll Tom Cruise cast himself as Jack Reacher (for those that haven't read the books, - the character of Jack Reacher is an ex-Military MP officer at 6'5" and 220 pounds)

Michael Connelly and David Baldacci are very good too!

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Had some time, so I finally got some pics of my new S4...

20160724_125213_zpskxbp0d5w.jpg

20160724_125227_zpslxfuuaor.jpg

20160724_125500_zpsupsjqwpu.jpg

20160724_125521_zpsnnbfivrs.jpg

20160724_125539_zpskqzgo33u.jpg

20160724_125602_zps1kutbczv.jpg

20160724_125617_zps1aahj5ee.jpg

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
How does it handle ?

Audi is my dream car aha

It handles really well. It's quattro AWD, but it also has a rear sports differential that sends more torque to the outside rear wheel, which really pushes the car through a turn. Really carves the S's.

This car wasn't my dream car (my dream car is parked next to it in the Garage - Shelby GT500), but it is quite a car!

I haven't had a 4 door car since '97... it took a special one to get me behind the wheel!

tomgilbertfan

#WhyBother
Jun 22, 2008
Minnesota
Guys I've got this sick 2005 Toyota Corolla. It's got manual windows and locks and 140,000 miles. The windows don't work in the winter and the seals for the doors don't really fit anymore. But I've got a sick sound system; using some industrial-grade velcro I attached a bluetooth speaker to my dashboard so I can listen to my phone.

Minnesota

L'Etoile du Nord
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2011
I know y'all are dying to hear about my 07' Saturn Ion. Completely stock - original exhaust, motor, tranny, wheels. My baby's got a 4 barrel with an automatic (40k original miles!); purrs like a kitten. 4 doors (of course) so I can haul around mah frands. Got some lawn chairs in the trunk for spur of the moment softball games or BBQs. What more could I ask for? :scool:

Wabit

May 23, 2016
I know y'all are dying to hear about my 07' Saturn Ion. Completely stock - original exhaust, motor, tranny, wheels. My baby's got a 4 barrel with an automatic (40k original miles!); purrs like a kitten. 4 doors (of course) so I can haul around mah frands. Got some lawn chairs in the trunk for spur of the moment softball games or BBQs. What more could I ask for? :scool:

How well does goalie gear fit in it?

Sharppi

4 more years of Dub.
Jul 15, 2011
Finland
2010 Skoda Superb Combi. 170 bhp, DSG transmission and I can sit behind me on backseat (I'm 6'6) comfortably. Trunk fits double stroller and our 90lbs dog just fine.

It has. So. Much. Space.

Jacques The Mayor

Aug 29, 2011
wastings mn
It handles really well. It's quattro AWD, but it also has a rear sports differential that sends more torque to the outside rear wheel, which really pushes the car through a turn. Really carves the S's.

This car wasn't my dream car (my dream car is parked next to it in the Garage - Shelby GT500), but it is quite a car!

I haven't had a 4 door car since '97... it took a special one to get me behind the wheel!

I had an 2006 a6 Quattro and it was seriously like a street legal snowmobile but good lord the cost for repairs were insane. I had an aftermarket warranty but after that expired and the turbo burned out it was time to part ways with it. I ended up buying a Jeep Wrangler and it's actually even more impressive in the snow but I've had zero issues with it after about two years of owning it. Once I have enough money for repair costs or enough time and knowledge to do it myself I'd definitely buy another Audi.

Vashanesh

Nope.
Jan 29, 2010
Minnesota
The S4 is supercharged, I prefer that over turbo.

I've still never driven a supercharged car, but knowing how they work compared to feeling of the turbo in my Ford Edge... I have a feeling most people would agree with supercharger > turbo.

I hate having a delay before I actually go when I put my foot down a bit.

That said, I think your Shelby is nicer than the new one. :laugh:

Both look pretty damn nice, though.

Dampland

Mar 14, 2011
Gainfully Employed
2010 Skoda Superb Combi. 170 bhp, DSG transmission and I can sit behind me on backseat (I'm 6'6) comfortably. Trunk fits double stroller and our 90lbs dog just fine.

It has. So. Much. Space.

What the hell is in the water over there?

And apparently no one parks in their garage at the Audi's neighborhood.

Dampland

Mar 14, 2011
Gainfully Employed
I've still never driven a supercharged car, but knowing how they work compared to feeling of the turbo in my Ford Edge... I have a feeling most people would agree with supercharger > turbo.

My late step-dad had a SAAB Turbo convertible (red).... there was no delay in that thing, and it absolutly hummed like a top. The first time I ever drove it (He actually had me drive it home from the dealership! :amazed::amazed:) I had it going 93, and I had no idea I was going that fast! I just assumed I was going around 60. When I looked down at the speedometer, I about peed my pants. What a great car it was!

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN

Agree that the Shelby is nicer, but I needed something to drive on rainy days, and over the winter. My old Hyundai Tiburon was on its last legs.

Jesus comma Brodin

Effing Norris-Byng Brodin
Feb 22, 2013
Minnesota
Audi looks nice... And thanks for the book suggestions above.

Car wise, I haven't driven anything other than a truck most of my driving career. Currently a 2015 Sliverado Z71. Identical to the one below but that's just a picture off google, not actually mine.

hqdefault.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad