OT: General OT Thread #40: Giving Up Winning for Lent Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

W75

Wegistewed Usew
Oct 22, 2011
Winland
General OT Thread #41: The Next Generation (of Martin Skoula)

General OT Thread #41: "I Am Your Father" (Martin Skoula)

Because had to to include Skoula some way, no? :D

Wabit

May 23, 2016
I'm impartial to #41 name. #42 needs to be a "Hitchhikers Guide..." reference. =)

DANOZ28

May 22, 2012
nearest bar MN
am i the only wild fan who was glad skoula was on the team?????? he was a low cost , cheap defensive defenseman. why people expected him to be a stud is beyond me.

Uberdachen

Posts Last 5 Minutes
Sep 5, 2012
Pants.
am i the only wild fan who was glad skoula was on the team?????? he was a low cost , cheap defensive defenseman. why people expected him to be a stud is beyond me.

I expected him to be less awful than he was.

Skoula's out forever.

Dampland

Mar 14, 2011
Gainfully Employed

Skoula was just fine as a D-man for nearly his entire time here. But near the end, he made a couple goofs, IMMEDIATELY became the whipping boy of fans, and I think it actually seriously affected his game, as his play went down his from there for the rest of his career.

The Wild have put a lot worse players on the ice than Skoula. But he is the easy target, and it helps that he isn't "one of us".

Dampland

Mar 14, 2011
Gainfully Employed
Seriously what is in the water in Deadmonton?

For years their fans have been the worst to converse with (except maybe Canucks) on GDTs. Now their asinine, illogical behavior has spread to all threads on this website. I almost would feel embarrassed for the other fans from that city, but I just don't care enough.

Vashanesh

Nope.
Jan 29, 2010
Minnesota
Seriously what is in the water in Deadmonton?

For years their fans have been the worst to converse with (except maybe Canucks) on GDTs. Now their asinine, illogical behavior has spread to all threads on this website. I almost would feel embarrassed for the other fans from that city, but I just don't care enough.

I wish I knew. It's painful to watch, and more painful to interact with.

I'm pretty much swearing off even reading Edmonton trade threads, there's just nothing to be gained.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad