General OT Thread #25: Rock Out With Your Lock Out

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sharppi

4 more years of Dub.
Jul 15, 2011
Finland
I'm getting myself a bass too; Fender Squier vintage jazz bass. I think it's good value for its price.

Yeah Fender Squiers are quite okay to play too. My favourite so far was definitely Jackson JS2 Concert, so smooth to play.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Happy Holidays everyone!

AT-AT-SLEIGH_mid.jpg

tyratoku

May 28, 2010
MN
My girlfriend has never seen the Star Wars movies. She saw Episode I way back in theatres and bits and pieces of some of the others here and there, so I decided to get her to watch the series. So far, we've watched Episodes IV, V, VI. I do not own Episode I, so we tried to go out and look to see if we could rent it. No place in town has it. Most places only have two and three. Oh well.

Looks like we're going to wiki Episode I and start II in a few minutes.

Her thoughts so far:

[Talking about how in the DVD version, they went back and re-did some special effects]"They should have just done all of them new. Not just some."
"Luke's face when Vader tells him he is his father is hilarious and terrible."
"Han is my favorite."

Those are what I remember. Hopefully she doesn't absolutely hate II and III. I know a lot of people do.

Avder

The Very Weedcat
Jun 2, 2011
A place.
2 is better than 1, and 3 is better than 2, but all three of them are vastly inferior to any of 4, 5, or 6.

Avder

The Very Weedcat
Jun 2, 2011
A place.
Nailed it!

I'm impressed you were able to get her to watch them in the first place.

The thing that's so terrible about the prequels is that, if you boil away all the bad acting and terrible dialog, there's actually a framework for a decent story there.

I dont know, maybe one day Disney will remake them and have someone competent write the script, and use actual sets instead of bluescreens for everything. Cause that's something a lot of the actors complained about. It's hard to act properly when your surroundings are nothing but a bing thing of green or blue.

tomgilbertfan

#WhyBother
Jun 22, 2008
Minnesota
The thing that's terrible about the stories is that there is no protagonist. And while that style definitely can work with some works, it doesn't work with those movies. The prequels should have been the story of Obi-wan. And my god Lucas completely forgot about the whole "Show don't tell" part of storytelling. And ugh, there's so much more. They're just awful. The reason 3 actually seemed decent at first viewing is because 1 and 2 were so bad that our expectations were less than zero. But god almighty that prequel trilogy has such sloppy storytelling.

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
Waiting till midnight on the day before Christmas Eve to wrap all 20-30 presents. Stupid! Stupid! Stupid!

:banghead::banghead::banghead:

Happy Holidays, everyone!!!

eGhxd2VnMTI=_o_christmas-vacation.jpg

SQUIRREL!!!

Jarick

Doing Nothing
Most awkward Christmas present ever: got a check from my girlfriend's grandma.

Kid was fantastic on skates yesterday for the first time. Just kept popping up when he fell and great attitude. Persistent. Not like his old man.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad