General fantasy sports questions thread

windflare

May 31, 2006
Vancouver, B.C.
Sens Goalies...

Hi guys, just checking in from the Vancouver boards for the sake of my fantasy team. Who is Ottawa's no. 1 goalie right now, and how long will this situation last? I just picked up Lehner as a replacement for my IR-ed Varlamov, and am wondering whether he would become your no.1 sometime during this season.

Thank you for your help.

God Says No

Mar 16, 2012
I need to check maybe on the website. In the apps don't have an IR slot showing up.

Are you playing with Yahoo? If you are then for sure you have one slot, unless it's a custom league.

Here is a question. Would you trade Brian Quick or Allen Robinson for Keenan Allen?

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
Upcoming week:

Pick 2 RB's:

Ronnie Hillman (home vs Chargers)
Joique Bell (at Falcons)
Ben Tate (home vs Raiders)
Pierre Thomas (home vs Packers)

I'm leaning Hillman and Tate, but Tate really laid an egg on sunday.

Joique for sure. Atlanta has the worst run Def in the league by miles, and Joique gets all the goal line work.

windflare

May 31, 2006
Vancouver, B.C.
Thanks - two more questions:

1. Has MacLean been wary of playing Lehner at all?

2. How good has Lehner been, based on his work last year as well? I know of his work in the AHL, but haven't watched him in the NHL much.

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
Thanks - two more questions:

1. Has MacLean been wary of playing Lehner at all?

2. How good has Lehner been, based on his work last year as well? I know of his work in the AHL, but haven't watched him in the NHL much.

goalie have been better then last year so far but ottawa does allow a lot of shots on net up to this point

its a little early to say how they will play but so far they both look good and i don;t think Maclean is wary of Lehner but Andy is the number 1 atleast for now

Karl Eriksson

Boring!
Apr 12, 2007
Ottawa
can someone describe, generally, what fantasy sports are?

I just hope the IT guys at my work know or they may question google searches for " Tom Brady fantasy"

EDIT: that fantasy would involve 5 touchdowns, 600 yards passing, no picks or sacks and one trip to Red Lobster with Tom and I get to pick from the treasure chest.

Last edited:

Caeldan

Whippet Whisperer
Jun 21, 2008
can someone describe, generally, what fantasy sports are?

Seriously though, fantasy sports are basically...

Take a sport. Take a bunch of people to act as 'general managers'.
Build your team under a set of rules for that league.
Use the player's statistics to 'win'.

Statistics used and how they're compared vary by league.

Example: ESPN typically will assign point weightings to each player - so every player boils down to a specific point value. Yahoo will typically just use the stat columns in such a way that it becomes the winner of the majority of the columns is the winner.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad