General fantasy sports questions thread

Caeldan

Whippet Whisperer
Jun 21, 2008
Alright, talked it over and figured we'd give this a go.

I've got something to lead off with too!

12 team ESPN head to head league, wins, saves, goals allowed(-), shutouts all account for points - two starters a day.

I've currently got Price Varlamov Andersen and Kuemper.

The latter two have been performing above expectations, and Colorado's performance has really got me worried.

Considering there's reports of Varly having a groin issue... Do I drop Varlamov for Stalock who is currently still available as free agent? Wait and see if Colorado turns it around? Or put Varly on the block and see if I can't get a scoring forward for him.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
Alright, talked it over and figured we'd give this a go.

I've got something to lead off with too!

12 team ESPN head to head league, wins, saves, goals allowed(-), shutouts all account for points - two starters a day.

I've currently got Price Varlamov Andersen and Kuemper.

The latter two have been performing above expectations, and Colorado's performance has really got me worried.

Considering there's reports of Varly having a groin issue... Do I drop Varlamov for Stalock who is currently still available as free agent? Wait and see if Colorado turns it around? Or put Varly on the block and see if I can't get a scoring forward for him.

Way to early to give up on a pick as high as Varly (assuming you got him from the 3rd-5th?)

Don't drop one of your top 5 picks unless he is injured badly, and any sport.

God Says No

Mar 16, 2012
Just Hockey?.....

Brian Quick vs. Seattle or Sammy Watkins vs. Minny

Damn, I got the exact same problem. Right now I'm starting Watkins. Quick will be shut down by the SEA secondary.

What about:

Hillman vs. SF McKinnon vs BUF?

DNCarolyn

Oct 7, 2014
Guelph
Just Hockey?.....

Brian Quick vs. Seattle or Sammy Watkins vs. Minny

I would normally say Quick, but it's a short week and he had a terrible game on Monday. Seattle isn't as scary as it once was but I'd go Watkins.

That being said, I'm going to play Quick in my league because my only other option is Victor Cruz.. sigh.

OP, don't drop Varly yet. He has potential.

Caeldan

Whippet Whisperer
Jun 21, 2008
Alright, giving Varly a little longer.
Just goalies and groins are always worrying stats wise.

And yeah, any sport. This way we don't pollute the general sports thread with fantasy talk :)

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
Damn, I got the exact same problem. Right now I'm starting Watkins. Quick will be shut down by the SEA secondary.

What about:

Hillman vs. SF McKinnon vs BUF?

McKinnon is the better back, but Buffalo's D is scary. If Alonso wasn't injured, could be the best in the league.

Tough choice, neither are ideal options, and both are facing top 6 rushing D's. I'd go Hillman, just because SF has to respect Peyton. Buffalo has no-one to respect, Minny is awful at the pass game.

WILDANDCAPS8

Oct 15, 2014
I have a question about a trade that I am torn about. I have both Wayne Simmonds and Milan Lucic and the trade is Simmonds for Jeff Carter. If anyone could help me it would be greatly appreciated!:)

Caeldan

Whippet Whisperer
Jun 21, 2008
Ugh. Varlamov on IR. Not available until the 24th now at a minimum...
Let's see how poor my decision making skills are, Stalock here you come!

God Says No

Mar 16, 2012
McKinnon is the better back, but Buffalo's D is scary. If Alonso wasn't injured, could be the best in the league.

Tough choice, neither are ideal options, and both are facing top 6 rushing D's. I'd go Hillman, just because SF has to respect Peyton. Buffalo has no-one to respect, Minny is awful at the pass game.

Yeah, I got Hillman starting as of now. I still don't trust MIN giving McKinnon 1st back touches. He's my keeper though.

William Hylander

There can be only 1
Aug 17, 2009
It looks like Bobby Ryan is being shifted around the lineup, how often is he playing on the first line? I don't have any confidence in the Sens secondary scoring so I might consider trading him for another forward with similar upside.

I have Turris on my team as well but I know he will stay on the first line for the season barring injury.

Caeldan

Whippet Whisperer
Jun 21, 2008
It looks like Bobby Ryan is being shifted around the lineup, how often is he playing on the first line? I don't have any confidence in the Sens secondary scoring so I might consider trading him for another forward with similar upside.

I have Turris on my team as well but I know he will stay on the first line for the season barring injury.

Ryan's still solidly on the 1st line and main PP.
I don't expect that to change. The only issue is we've been taking a lot of dumb penalties and not drawing much in return - so the guys on the PK get a lot more ice time than the PP.

God Says No

Mar 16, 2012

Yip. Good calls. Hillman scored 2 TD's for me.

Watkins had 2 TD's as well. I think Quick is fading, I'm going to try trading him away while his value is still relatively high.

Big Papi

Who's Mel Bridgeman?
Jul 10, 2009
Quebec
www.instagram.com
in a keeper league, get to keep 4 guys, I am 1-5, about to be 2-5, but my RB's have just tanked (McCoy (inconsistent), Ball, Richardson, Tate)

who would you take?

Stafford (24)
A Jeffrey(24)
R Cobb (24)
Kelvin Benjamin (23)
D Hopkins (22)
C Patterson (23)

I am thinking the top 4 (stafford, jeffrey, cobb and benjamin)

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
in a keeper league, get to keep 4 guys, I am 1-5, about to be 2-5, but my RB's have just tanked (McCoy (inconsistent), Ball, Richardson, Tate)

who would you take?

Stafford (24)
A Jeffrey(24)
R Cobb (24)
Kelvin Benjamin (23)
D Hopkins (22)
C Patterson (23)

I am thinking the top 4 (stafford, jeffrey, cobb and benjamin)

I would go Jeffrey, Benjamin, Hopkins and Cobb. Although the 4 WR keep isn't the most ideal, they would be the guys I would keep. I'm not really a fan of Stafford ROS or next. Not a fan of keeping QB's unless you have a guy like Rodgers, Luck or Peyton.

God Says No

Mar 16, 2012
I would take Stafford over Hopkins. I'm assuming this is a 3 WR league. So you're set with Jeffrey, Benjamin and Cobb.

Caeldan

Whippet Whisperer
Jun 21, 2008
So what do you do when a star is injured 4-6 weeks in fantasy hockey? Eat the roster spot, or drop and hope you pick him back up first when the time to return is near?

Football is simpler since that's half the season :laugh:

God Says No

Mar 16, 2012
So what do you do when a star is injured 4-6 weeks in fantasy hockey? Eat the roster spot, or drop and hope you pick him back up first when the time to return is near?

Football is simpler since that's half the season :laugh:

You don't have an IR slot? If you don't, then I would not drop him.

Karl Eriksson

Boring!
Apr 12, 2007
Ottawa
Upcoming week:

Pick 2 RB's:

Ronnie Hillman (home vs Chargers)
Joique Bell (at Falcons)
Ben Tate (home vs Raiders)
Pierre Thomas (home vs Packers)

I'm leaning Hillman and Tate, but Tate really laid an egg on sunday.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad