Fantasy: General Fantasy Hockey Discussion 2015-16

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY
If any outsiders has a question regarding the Sharks' players for fantasy purposes, I guess it should go here. We usually have a thread on the board somewhere.

Also, if any HF Sharks posters has a general fantasy question, I'd be glad to help out.

chris11inter

Jul 18, 2007
Yeah unfortunately I don't think any sharks fan can answer that without it being more of just a guess, or personal opinion where he should play. Sorry our lineups aren't the most clear right now haha

Well geez. Our draft has started and we are doing our first two rounds by email. Im debating taking him in the first round (tons of guys are kept already) . This isn't helping me. LOL

Friggen coaching staff.

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011
Generally speaking, we're expecting Hertl and Tierney to be big parts of the team going forward but it's hard to pinpoint their point totals. Another dark horse is joonas donskoi.

zombie kopitar

custom title
Jul 3, 2009
Best Coast
Sort of funny...had a dream last night that I drafted Hertl as my first pick, lolol
Never had any sort of fantasy sports dream before, gawd

Also I immediately regretted the pick....hopefully my subconscious knows something

No Ragretzky

Ho Borvat
Apr 8, 2008
Calgary
What do you guys think the goalie split will be? Is 55 games for Jones, 27 for Stalock a reasonable guess? Or is it going to be more of a 50/50 split where DeBoer rides the hot goalie?

turkulad

Sep 27, 2011
Turku, Finland
Can you tell something about Dylan DeMelo? I saw some fans keeping him up on the third pairing, is it a common perception? How's he like as a D, two-way, stay-at-home, rough-and-tumbler?

SactoShark

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
May 1, 2009
Sacramento
What do you guys think the goalie split will be? Is 55 games for Jones, 27 for Stalock a reasonable guess? Or is it going to be more of a 50/50 split where DeBoer rides the hot goalie?

The former. Don't count on Stalock unless you can stash a #3 and not hurt your team.

Can you tell something about Dylan DeMelo? I saw some fans keeping him up on the third pairing, is it a common perception? How's he like as a D, two-way, stay-at-home, rough-and-tumbler?

Stay at home guy. I can't imagine a fantasy use for him. He might crack the roster, but you'd have to be in a ridiculously deep league for that to matter.

gocanadiens

Jul 7, 2005
What are the expectations for Melker Karlsson this year? Will he play on the 1st line again? Is he supposed to be back in time for the start of the regular season?

Thank you!

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011
What are the expectations for Melker Karlsson this year? Will he play on the 1st line again? Is he supposed to be back in time for the start of the regular season?

Thank you!

Should be back in time but I wouldn't count him on the 1st line let alone the top 6. Not that he's a bad player or anything, he's just a victim of the numbers. You should probably count on him for 3rd line production at best.

do0glas

Jan 26, 2012
I've never done fantasy hockey. Is there a good 101 type guide out there?

Eid Ma Clack Shaw

Jul 5, 2007
San Jose, CA
Had my first draft of the season tonight and will be doing my 2nd in a few minutes. So glad hockey is almost back.

Really happy with how my first team ended up. It's a 10 teamer, so the teams are a bit stacked.

Captain Pilsner

Sep 1, 2005
will burns be playing forward much? we are having a debate in our fantasy league over which position he qualifiers as. Thanks guys!

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011
will burns be playing forward much? we are having a debate in our fantasy league over which position he qualifiers as. Thanks guys!

Like a 99.99% chance he doesn't play as a forward at all. Although he'll probably act like a forward during 3v3 or something.

BlueNoteCode

Jan 7, 2012
St. Louis
I'm in a private Yahoo! league & Pavelski has been one of my two Keepers for two seasons now.
typically Yahoo! gives him C,LW,RW eligibility. Until now.

Anyways, last season I also drafted Jumbo Joe banking on having two solid SJ centers for FW. However, they tended to play so often w/ each other, that they cannibalized each other's FW stats.

Although I don't have Jumbo on my roster this season, do they look to be paired up on the top line again?

& lastly, who is this Donskoii kid that may play on the right w/ the Joes?

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY
I had Steve Mason and Martin Jones as my starting goalies for a league yesterday. Ouch.

And would you guys cut Pietrangelo in a league where 100 players are kept? Standard cats. I'd be playing a defenseman short.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad