Providence Bruins General Discussion thread XVII

Status
Not open for further replies.

BronxBruin

Feb 27, 2002
Bronx, NY
Visit site
Who looked good?
Other than Keyser? No one. They had a total of 11 shots on goal yesterday and had no business winning as they looked pretty disinterested the entire game.
Today was only slightly better but they still got dominated by Lehigh Valley -- and still had a chance of winning thanks to Bussi.
This team looks totally different than it did earlier in the season. You can blame it on Lettieri (and Lauko and Toporowski) being out but this team has too much talent to look as bad as it has the last week or so. Maybe it's just a mid-season lull and/or some young players hitting a wall, but Mougenel needs to light a fire under this team otherwise it's going to be a short playoffs for them.

Reactions: Blade of Schmautz

Malt

Jul 6, 2007
Providence, RI

Providence needs a goon ASAP. I’m not joking or overreacting.

If you can dress Curtis Hall, JD Greenway, and A-O Voyer, who have zero goals between them, you can trade for a Scott Sabourin, Jeff Viel, Kyle Marino, etc. etc. And there are plenty of guys on AHL contracts if that’s a concern.

I’ve never seen a team lose such a high percentage of fights in my lifetime. And now a college kid like McLaughlin ends up a bloody mess at the end of a losing away game.

😡

JoeIsAStud

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
I'm not someone who says they need to legislate fighting out of the game, but this is complete BS.

Anyone have any idea what started this fight. Game is basically over, and some professional goon decides to go with a non fighter

• Haha
Reactions: pearljamvs5

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
That escalated quickly. Wtf happened? McLovin is NOT a fighter.

Does Prov no longer have any goons? Shit. Wags can still fight.

Reactions: HustleB

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010
First up they need Quaider to teach the lot of them how to fight. Second they need a couple of tough players who can go. Justin Nachbaur and Ross Olsson (local, playing in Orlando this year, Worcester last year) would both be good fits and I do not believe either is signed to an NHL/AHL deal so Providence could sign them to a contract. Olsson has 25 goals in 57 games, Nachbaur not so much but knows his job.

chizzler

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 11, 2006
Hello Eric, are you expecting different. I thought you expected Ahcan to go? If so have you heard something changed or are these just conflicting reports?
I would. Bruins seem to block all their prospects.

Saxon Eric

Dec 18, 2005
Hello Eric, are you expecting different. I thought you expected Ahcan to go? If so have you heard something changed or are these just conflicting reports?
I hope they move some dudes out
The Ahcan and Lauko scoop was conflicting but I did expect Ahcan to go as he's basically a FA in July and he has value
The roster is currently rather large and will be growing shortly, injured guys will be back,Mast,Harrison and Brunet will show up at some point and depending how many College Free Agents and CHL freebies they sign will add to the numbers

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
How has Bowers looked in his first few game with Providence. Read some comments and the coaches seem to like him

HustleB

Cautiously Optimistic
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2017
Welcome to the Jungle
The Ahcan and Lauko scoop was conflicting but I did expect Ahcan to go as he's basically a FA in July and he has value
The roster is currently rather large and will be growing shortly, injured guys will be back,Mast,Harrison and Brunet will show up at some point and depending how many College Free Agents and CHL freebies they sign will add to the numbers
Makes sense to me; I hope they both stay and take advantage of next years opportunity. Still, I keep thinking that the Bruins would be better positioned with 47/50 contracts for the pursuit of College and Junior Hockey Free Agents. That Miller contract hurts for sure; as it should.

Thank you for taking the time to respond.

JoeIsAStud

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site

I would love to see them move some guys out. Not sure how many anyone else wants., and I am not paying any value to move anyone out

Ahcan case is a bit weird. He wants out and yeah will be gone in July, but he also still may be the best defenseman down in Providence, and there is a great deal of value for Providence to make a long run in postseason. So unless they can get something of real value, part of my thinks to just keep him. Sure he may be unhappy, but there is nothing he can do about it. He is playing for a contract somewhere next year, and he must give his best effort every night or well he is going to reduce the chance he gets that next contract

Reactions: HustleB
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad