Mougenel rode the vets hard tonight
Seemed like Megna Boquist and Walsh were out every other shift
Merkulov was disappointing
Steen and McLaughlin had decent games
Lohrei plays better fast and was sloppy with the puck
Harrison went MIA
Bussi is so legit

Bussi is great

One game sample, but Lohrei may be another guy who plays better in Boston with better players than in Providence like Beecher

It was nice having AHL TV for free tonight, but wow i find watching Providence extremely frustrating, because of the rotations. So i will go back to relying on the wonderful updates from Eric and others

Reactions: JOKER 192

BronxBruin

Feb 27, 2002
Bronx, NY
Visit site
A few thoughts from me (mainly on the coaching):
-- Can someone explain why Brazeau was on the PK with 3 minutes left in the 3rd period? Let's put the slowest dude on the team (in the league?) to defend the point on the PK. And of course he was the one who blindly chipped the pick right thru the slot right to Othmann for the GTG.
-- No Merkulov in the shootout was criminal. He was money last year.
-- Not getting Lysell and Merkulov out sooner in OT was questionable as well. Your two most skilled players who showed last year what they can do when they have space had to wait until OT was half over to get a shift.
-- Zboril seems like the worst possible D partner to put with Lohrei. Two guys who make high risk plays and have a tendency to flub the puck on occasion is just asking for trouble.

If this is how Mougenel is gonna manage his lineup (a.k.a. sucking up to the vets), it's gonna be a frustrating year.

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
Any word on Tony Dick?

Agree with the other posters...questionable coaching. I take it Hartford is the team to beat this year? They looked pretty darn good.

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
Mougenel clearly was sending a message to the young guys about the playing time hierarchy
It's only one game but that was tough to watch live
Lysell was engaged throughout the night however his attempt at a toe drag across the blue line and charging into 3 Harford players makes me think we'll never break him of it
Lysell was gassed a few shifts...dude needs to be in better shape.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Mougenel clearly was sending a message to the young guys about the playing time hierarchy
It's only one game but that was tough to watch live
Lysell was engaged throughout the night however his attempt at a toe drag across the blue line and charging into 3 Harford players makes me think we'll never break him of it
Lysell using the age 6-18 game just doesn’t work here

However - he can pass he’s got hands and vision so if he can defer he will look better but he tries to much to take it to the basket - they are bigger and trapping just daring you

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
Tonite’s Line-up vs. Hartford - solid!!!

Richard. Merkulov. Brazeau
Boqvist. Megna. Steen
Kuntar. McLaughlin. Lysell
Toporowski. Farinacci. Harrison

Wotherspoon. Regula
Callahan. Walsh
Lohrei. Zboril

Bussi
Keyser

Scratches - Abate, Arseneau, Brunet, Hall, Mast, Renouf (inj), DiPetro

What a line-up! I’m excited to see each line for different reasons. Gotta think the Veteran line will do damage! Also love to see the BC connection with Kuntar and McLaughlin…let’s hope Lysell can bury the garage from their hard work.

Lohrei and Zboril - stay home Z and let L dangle through the NZ - I say he buries one tonite! Going to be a fun season to watch!
Hoping to see Hall, Brunet, and Mast inserted next game.

Topo and Merk magic...should be on the same line together.

BTW nice saucer pass from Topo to Smegma.

Reactions: Dangleittus13

chizzler

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 11, 2006
It’s eRly. FO probably told them to play the vets. Maybe shaking things out. Doubt they want the vets to take over like this.

JoeIsAStud

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
If this is how Mougenel is gonna manage his lineup (a.k.a. sucking up to the vets), it's gonna be a frustrating year.

It feels like this is how Bos has managed lineups etc for years. I tried with the free AHL TV the other day, but I just can't do it. I get too upset.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad