Providence Bruins General Discussion thread XIX

The Storm

Mar 15, 2022
I do not like sending Beecher down. Boqvist was hot for a handful of games, but he brings nowhere near the defensive game that Beecher brings.
Did they send Beecher and Lohrei down to make sure they would be playing hockey instead of doing nothing during the all star break? Seems like an ok idea to me. Both of them can work on refining their games a bit more.

I am Bettman

May 23, 2022
Did they send Beecher and Lohrei down to make sure they would be playing hockey instead of doing nothing during the all star break? Seems like an ok idea to me. Both of them can work on refining their games a bit more.
Lohrei needs some refinement defensively to be a full time nhler, so I understand that move. Beecher will almost certainly never be more than a defensively responsible 4C. He will not learn the defensive side anymore than he already has in Providence. Any offensive improvements would be nice, but he won’t be an offensive player at the next level. I feel that Beecher should continue in the nhl working on his role that he will have long term.

Reactions: False Start

False Start

May 8, 2018
Pretty sure they sent Beecher down because he requires no waivers and they needed the $ to work with the LTIR guys coming back.

BiteThisBurrows

Feb 11, 2022
They sent them down because Boquist, Wotherspoon etc. can get claimed on waivers, they can't. I don't think it goes deeper than that (even if it is good for younger guys to play games).

HustleB

Cautiously Optimistic
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2017
Welcome to the Jungle
They sent them down because Boquist, Wotherspoon etc. can get claimed on waivers, they can't. I don't think it goes deeper than that (even if it is good for younger guys to play games).
Do you think Boquist, Steen, or Lauko would get claimed? I don’t think they would but Wotherspoon probably would.

BiteThisBurrows

Feb 11, 2022
Do you think Boquist, Steen, or Lauko would get claimed? I don’t think they would but Wotherspoon probably would.
Wotherspoon I think definitely. Lauko I think maybe. I wouldn't risk it. Steen and Boquist maybe not, but keep in mind some teams are planning on moving players out for the deadline and they might want cheap bodies to fill out their rosters. It's safer and easier to send the young guys down and get them playing time.
It's just a shame they can't send Poitras up and down to Providence as well.

Reactions: HustleB

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
In 39 games with Boston, Beecher was just under 54% on faceoffs.

Yeah, but the shot share is 37% to 46% in favor of Boqvist. Both getting buried, although Beecher more so. How much do the face-offs buy him? I just think giving the 25 year old player a longer stretch here at the cost of the 22 year old player isn't a travesty or anything.

bruinsfan1968

May 6, 2019
Yeah, but the shot share is 37% to 46% in favor of Boqvist. Both getting buried, although Beecher more so. How much do the face-offs buy him? I just think giving the 25 year old player a longer stretch here at the cost of the 22 year old player isn't a travesty or anything.
It's not a travesty that Beecher was sent down, it was going happen due to his waiver exemption.
Same with Lohrei, the thing is this was supposed to be a transition year, but their place in the standing has changed that.
IMO I just don't want them to trade anymore first, second or even third round draft picks.
The way they have drafted the last couple of years make me wonder, who they would've picked if they had a first round pick last year?.
Just my two cents. 😉

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
It's not a travesty that Beecher was sent down, it was going happen due to his waiver exemption.
Same with Lohrei, the thing is this was supposed to be a transition year, but their place in the standing has changed that.
IMO I just don't want them to trade anymore first, second or even third round draft picks.
The way they have drafted the last couple of years make me wonder, who they would've picked if they had a first round pick last year?.
Just my two cents. 😉

Heck, Swayman was a fourth.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad