Providence Bruins General Discussion thread XIX

BronxBruin

Feb 27, 2002
Bronx, NY
Visit site
Curtis Hall had 0 points in 11 games after being traded to Grand Rapids. For reference, he had 6 points in 11 games for Providence. It will be interesting to see where he plays next season.

Conversely, Luke Toporowski had 11 points in 17 games for Iowa after only 17 points in 49 games for Prov.

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
1st time since 2019 that the entire league is unbalanced esp in the Eastern Conference where the 8 team division where PRO is.... that's why you're seeing a slew of best of 3 qualifiers like HFD/CHA... WHICH is why the bye for PRO for being the top 2 IN THE Division.... same question was asked in the Hartford thread last night....

JoeIsAStud

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Carolina Hurricanes prospect until June 2025. Do you really give a shit?

For future reference, if you don't tag me, I may not see your question. 😉

I don't care either way, but as he was drafter out of London . He would have been covered by the standardCHL 2 years to sign a contract, But I guess he played some games in a couple of Pandemic tournaments in the US that year changed his status somehow

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
I don't care either way, but as he was drafter out of London . He would have been covered by the standardCHL 2 years to sign a contract, But I guess he played some games in a couple of Pandemic tournaments in the US that year changed his status somehow
Any player drafted out of junior as an 18 year old and leaves junior before the end of his second year, the team holds their rights for 4 years after his draft year. Montgomery left 2 games into his second year for the USHL and thus 4 years.

The two year limit applies to players who stay in junior.

• Love
Reactions: JoeIsAStud

JoeIsAStud

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Any player drafted out of junior as an 18 year old and leaves junior before the end of his second year, the team holds their rights for 4 years after his draft year. Montgomery left 2 games into his second year for the USHL and thus 4 years.

The two year limit applies to players who stay in junior.

Thank you Dom, you are a fountain of knowledge. Every time I think I start to understand NHL rules, I find out they add an additional twist.

NHL has to be the hardest league to GM for from a purley rules standpoint

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad