Providence Bruins General Discussion thread XIV

Status
Not open for further replies.

4ORRBRUIN

Sep 27, 2005
boston
Jay Leach is going to be an asset for the Kraken. Great guy. Great coach. A shame he couldn't of gotten hired to Bruce's staff. I wish him well.

Makes me wonder what leach was told by the Bruins about his future that he wouldn't take the same job in Boston. Assuming the Bruins offered the asst coach job to him.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
Makes me wonder what leach was told by the Bruins about his future that he wouldn't take the same job in Boston. Assuming the Bruins offered the asst coach job to him.
Leach said that he always kept an open dialogue with Boston Bruins management about his future. He was never in a rush to leave because he loved being in Providence. But there was also the understanding that the day could eventually come when he could be presented with another opportunity.

“They were nice enough to reach out to my bosses in Boston and my bosses were nice enough to ask me if I would have any interest in talking with those guys,” Leach shared

How the Kraken built out their coaching staff and what's next for the group

My guess is that this deal between he and the Kracken had already been done before Pandolfo decided to take the job at BU.

Ratty

Feb 2, 2003
Rive Gauche
Visit site
I wonder whether Sweeney/Neely had expressed an interest in retaining Jay when those overtures were being made. Did they have any indication that there would be an opening behind the bench for which he would be a prime candidate? I suspect they did and that Pandolfo didn't just spring the news on them suddenly.

BruinsNetwork

Jan 8, 2021
I wonder whether Sweeney/Neely had expressed an interest in retaining Jay when those overtures were being made. Did they have any indication that there would be an opening behind the bench for which he would be a prime candidate? I suspect they did and that Pandolfo didn't just spring the news on them suddenly.

Leach and the Bruins discussed everything as openly as possible, including joining Boston’s bench. Sometimes an opportunity is just too good to pass up.

BruinsNetwork

Jan 8, 2021
Maybe he has more responsibility in Seattle than he would in Boston. Maybe he's getting paid more. Maybe he likes really great sushi. Maybe he's a Seahawks fan. Maybe he likes rainy winters and spectacular summers. Myriad possibilities exist. They don't all have to reflect negatively on the Bruins organization.

Unfortunately, though, it always does. It can’t just be that player x, coach x or executive x wanted a change of scenery or felt another place was a better spot for him or her. It always has to be that the team they’re leaving mishandled, mistreated or misrepresented them somewhere.

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
Maybe he has more responsibility in Seattle than he would in Boston. Maybe he's getting paid more. Maybe he likes really great sushi. Maybe he's a Seahawks fan. Maybe he likes rainy winters and spectacular summers. Myriad possibilities exist. They don't all have to reflect negatively on the Bruins organization.

He has an opportunity to join a brand new franchise and play a key role in shaping the culture and style of the club. The Kraken are an a NHL tabula rasa and I can imagine how exciting a possibility that would be for a young coach.

member 96824

Happy Hughes is back, absolutely stunned about Koppanen

Yeah, safe to say there's no NHL future for Koppanen and it's basically an AHL deal...but then it's like...okay....he's the best option to help your AHL team win games?

Not worth a ton of thought but yeah, weird. Shares an agent with Rask..maybe it's a favor for a favor type thing.

Reactions: Saxon Eric

Saxon Eric

Dec 18, 2005
I was a pretty big Koppanen advocate, excellent on the PK, heavy shot, gets around the ice petty well but went into the witness protection program last 15 games or so but Providence has a ton of holes to fill and why not one more kick of the can with him, I guess

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
for those who had access to the PB`s, is that Tralmaks kid going bound for a full season of AHL hockey? Style of game? Intrigued by the size and apparent skillset some here said he has. Thx in advance

arider1990

Dec 9, 2018
for those who had access to the PB`s, is that Tralmaks kid going bound for a full season of AHL hockey? Style of game? Intrigued by the size and apparent skillset some here said he has. Thx in advance
He is on an AHL deal? so he should get a full season with Providence. He plays a physical game with good speed. I see a grinder type of player.

Saxon Eric

Dec 18, 2005
Full season, plays a heavy game, there were concerns about keeping up with the pace of the game that to me appears to be unfounded

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad