Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home

781A5DE8-DF15-4AF9-9770-364E7BADFC75.jpeg

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Ahhh nice, Another Sweeney special. Short and weighs virtually nothing. More dust for Tampa and other bigger teams to easily move.
Tampa`s forward crew has Coleman, Gourde, Johnson , Kucherov, Point, all under 6`
What they have in spades are those smaller players and those around them all play with an edge and willingness to do whatever it takes to win which absolutely pains me to say and McDonagh the smallest D man at 6`1

GoBs

Nov 21, 2009
USA
Tampa`s forward crew has Coleman, Gourde, Johnson , Kucherov, Point, all under 6`
What they have in spades are those smaller players and those around them all play with an edge and willingness to do whatever it takes to win which absolutely pains me to say and McDonagh the smallest D man at 6`1
Tyler Johnson two goals last night playing on the fourth line with Maroon

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
Ahhh nice, Another Sweeney special. Short and weighs virtually nothing. More dust for Tampa and other bigger teams to easily move.

How is this a Sweeney special? He’s drafted Frederic, Lauzon, Carlo and Beecher, brought in coyle and Ritchie.

If anything for the most part he’s stayed away from the short lightweight guys. Even brining in guys like smith, drafting mcavoy and zboril who aren’t necesssarily tall but built.

If anything Sweeney should be scrutinized for passing on smaller more talented players like Arthur kaliyev and debrincat for Beecher and Frederic. Not that kaliyev is small but he’s smaller and lighter than beecher

Last edited:

Saxon Eric

Dec 18, 2005
How is this a Sweeney special? He’s drafted Frederic, Lauzon, Carlo and Beecher, brought in coyle and Ritchie.

If anything for the most part he’s stayed away from the short lightweight guys. Even brining in guys like smith, drafting mcavoy and zboril who aren’t necesssarily tall but built.

If anything Sweeney should be scrutinized for passing on smaller more talented players like Arthur kaliyev and debrincat for Beecher and Frederic. Not that kaliyev is small but he’s smaller and lighter than beecher

I don't think Kaliyev would have been a good fit here, certainly a fine prospect but something about his personality I feel wouldn't have ended well here, I'm still happy with Beecher

BlackFrancis

Athletic Supporter Patch Partner
Dec 14, 2013
I don't think Kaliyev would have been a good fit here, certainly a fine prospect but something about his personality I feel wouldn't have ended well here, I'm still happy with Beecher
Kaliyev is one of those kids who seems to absolutely love hockey - love it so much that if he missed a shot one game, he'd sit alone in a pitch black room, hitting himself in the head with his stick for the entire night.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Tyler Johnson two goals last night playing on the fourth line with Maroon
not saying size isn`t a good thing to have but there are now plenty of undersized forwards who are more than able to excel at the NHL level

Maroon is one of the most over rated dudes out there, what`s he got? 2-3 pts in over 20 games this year?

Reactions: MoffatMan

Ratty

Feb 2, 2003
Rive Gauche
Visit site
not saying size isn`t a good thing to have but there are now plenty of undersized forwards who are more than able to excel at the NHL level

Maroon is one of the most over rated dudes out there, what`s he got? 2-3 pts in over 20 games this year?
Do you suppose Tampa, which is in cap hell, would like to move Tyler's contract in exchange for John Moore's? It would save $2,250,000. for the next two years and be free of Moore's deal one year before Johnson's expires.

While overpriced, Johnson is still an effective forward who can play C or RW. Defensively responsible, too. Cost to Boston $2,250,000. for 3 years.

Reactions: duffy and NDiesel

duffy

Feb 12, 2006
I like the signing
Doesn’t cost you anything
That's the main point! Reminds me of Recchi - stocky, hard on pucks, and good hands around the net. We haven't had those attributes since Recchi except from line one of course.

Jim

Mar 11, 2002
Rochester NY

That dude is about to cruise his way to his 3rd Stanley Cup in as many years. You can argue he isn’t bringing them anything, but he doesn’t appear to be costing them anything either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad