Providence Bruins General Discussion thread XIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

BruinsNetwork

Jan 8, 2021
Have the Bruins given up on Studnicka? :snide:

Senyshyn’s trade request- he still standing by it and do you think that is the final nail in the coffin of his Bruins career?

Sheeeeeesh, running and gunning today, huh?

Studnicka – No, I don't think they've "given" up on him, but I do think there is some level of disconnect whether it be from the player, organization or both. He seemingly did everything they asked of him during the offseason, produced in preseason, was told he'd get the opportunity and to this point, really hasn't. Now, to Boston's credit, for whatever reason, Studnicka just hasn't shown enough production to stick in the NHL. Is that due to usage, coaching and playing opportunity? I'm sure it factors in, but his recent showings were a little underwhelming, no?

In Providence, Studnicka has appeared to find his way back to the straightened path a little bit which is nice to see. Had something like 11 points in 14 games before this last weekend, playing stronger and more purposeful around the dirty areas. Somewhere Dom must be watching these games thinking to himself "Well, well, well...four years ago I predicted Senyshyn and Studnicka would mesh well on a line together and here we are." He was right– those two play very well together and I'd honestly say the latter has been better than the former.

I don't know what the plan in with Studnicka, to be honest. When Haula went down I thought he would for sure get the call and he didn't. Important to note though, I haven't heard anything substantial that Studnicka is unhappy or requesting trades or anything of the sorts, yet. Could that change? Sure, but Studnicka definitely has to look in the mirror and continue putting in the work to stick in the NHL when the opportunity arises.

Senyshyn– Maybe, to both questions. I really don't know what the plan is with him except maybe try and find him a home elsewhere, but he's still in Providence so doesn't that kind of speak to the status of that? For all the issues plaguing the roster in boston, I firmly believe Senyshyn could be an in-house solution. Waivers play a part and clearly him speaking out publicly for a trade isn't going to entice Sweeney & Co. to make the call, but at what point does his on-ice results trump the semantics, drama? He's been Providence's best forward aside from Steen, IMO, and he just keeps finding ways to produce on the scoresheet.

Senyshyn is fast, athletic and the right amount of aggressive to cause problems around the net and down–low by the boards. He's also still good at drawing the forecheck to him along the walls in the NZ, only to quickly, sneakily dish the puck out for easy transition the other way. Is he some 30-goal type at the next level? Nope. Is he seemingly an NHL player with an interesting toolset, ready for an opportunity he's earned? I think so.

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
Thanks @BruinsNetwork for the detailed response. Maybe if Bergeron is out for a few games (hopefully not) Stud gets another callup and another chance to dig in and force Sweeney to keep him up. Seny :dunno: I would have expected him to have gotten another shot, but then again, he's heading to St. Louis, right? :naughty:

BruinsNetwork

Jan 8, 2021
Thanks @BruinsNetwork for the detailed response. Maybe if Bergeron is out for a few games (hopefully not) Stud gets another callup and another chance to dig in and force Sweeney to keep him up. Seny :dunno: I would have expected him to have gotten another shot, but then again, he's heading to St. Louis, right? :naughty:

Gloria…

Reactions: Dr Hook

arider1990

Dec 9, 2018
Took a much needed t-break from this dump, ask me some stuff about Providence this year. I’ve been watching the boys.
2 part question.
With Froden, Filipe, Studnicka, Senyshyn, Koppanen, Hughes, Fogarty, Ahcan, Lewington, and Wolff all on expiring deals who do they resign?
Also which players that are on AHL deals that they should sign?

Reactions: The National

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
Sheeeeeesh, running and gunning today, huh?

Studnicka – No, I don't think they've "given" up on him, but I do think there is some level of disconnect whether it be from the player, organization or both. He seemingly did everything they asked of him during the offseason, produced in preseason, was told he'd get the opportunity and to this point, really hasn't. Now, to Boston's credit, for whatever reason, Studnicka just hasn't shown enough production to stick in the NHL. Is that due to usage, coaching and playing opportunity? I'm sure it factors in, but his recent showings were a little underwhelming, no?

In Providence, Studnicka has appeared to find his way back to the straightened path a little bit which is nice to see. Had something like 11 points in 14 games before this last weekend, playing stronger and more purposeful around the dirty areas. Somewhere Dom must be watching these games thinking to himself "Well, well, well...four years ago I predicted Senyshyn and Studnicka would mesh well on a line together and here we are." He was right– those two play very well together and I'd honestly say the latter has been better than the former.

I don't know what the plan in with Studnicka, to be honest. When Haula went down I thought he would for sure get the call and he didn't. Important to note though, I haven't heard anything substantial that Studnicka is unhappy or requesting trades or anything of the sorts, yet. Could that change? Sure, but Studnicka definitely has to look in the mirror and continue putting in the work to stick in the NHL when the opportunity arises.

Senyshyn– Maybe, to both questions. I really don't know what the plan is with him except maybe try and find him a home elsewhere, but he's still in Providence so doesn't that kind of speak to the status of that? For all the issues plaguing the roster in boston, I firmly believe Senyshyn could be an in-house solution. Waivers play a part and clearly him speaking out publicly for a trade isn't going to entice Sweeney & Co. to make the call, but at what point does his on-ice results trump the semantics, drama? He's been Providence's best forward aside from Steen, IMO, and he just keeps finding ways to produce on the scoresheet.

Senyshyn is fast, athletic and the right amount of aggressive to cause problems around the net and down–low by the boards. He's also still good at drawing the forecheck to him along the walls in the NZ, only to quickly, sneakily dish the puck out for easy transition the other way. Is he some 30-goal type at the next level? Nope. Is he seemingly an NHL player with an interesting toolset, ready for an opportunity he's earned? I think so.

I think it's been a problem with numbers when it comes to Senyshyn, especially now.

- won't bump off Pasta
- won't bump off Smith

I think with the way Lazar is playing over the past 6 weeks, he's a 4th line mainstay. He's playing exactly what you want from a 4th liner ( and seemingly, what they tried to transform Senyshyn in to ): skate and grind hard, play on the PK, chip in with some offense.

That leaves Steen, who I think has regressed a little bit after his exceptional first 10 or so games. But he's got enough talent to where you want him in the lineup to see if he can break thru that rookie glass wall and be an every day player.

I really want to see Senyshyn work his way into the lineup but I think another RW'er will have to be seriously underperforming or injured for him to get into the lineup. I hope I'm wrong; I like the kid.

Reactions: bruinsfan1968

The National

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2017
Los Angeles
I guess it makes sense if Studnicka needs to come up to swap them, but he better be playing at least 10 min tonight if he’s going in.

Do they really need to bring up Lewington? Seems they could have kept Steen up and leave him down.

Reactions: Saxon Eric

The National

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2017
Los Angeles
I dont know. Somebody else dinged?
Not that I saw, same defense as the other night. Vaak skating again.

Seems they had plans on scratching Steen either way. Bruce putting Stud on a line with 2 other centers and saying if/when things fail he’ll move him to the wing makes it even more confusing.

BruinsNetwork

Jan 8, 2021
Not that I saw, same defense as the other night. Vaak skating again.

Seems they had plans on scratching Steen either way. Bruce putting Stud on a line with 2 other centers and saying if/when things fail he’ll move him to the wing makes it even more confusing.

Re: Steen — Maybe I’m giving him too much credit (unlikely), but maybe the Evan Gold factor? I’d have to crunch the numbers to really know for sure, though.

Sending down Steen, recalling Lewington in place sounds like a sneaky lets-bank-172-bucks-today-cap-space type of move, you know?

Reactions: Dr Hook
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad