Providence Bruins General Discussion thread XI - Providence Bruins to play abbreviated season in Massachusetts

Status
Not open for further replies.

BruinsNetwork

whenever the load management starts, i assume senyshyn will get a look as well.
sweeney said studnicka, frederic and others. figure zboril also fits in there.

Senyshyn is turning into the perfect NHL complimentary player, IMO. Solid two-way presence, speed, shot and size. He’s snake bitten in terms of scoring, but he’s always around the net and his shot-to-rebound element would be great next to someone like Coyle.

4ORRBRUIN

Sep 27, 2005
boston
Senyshyn is turning into the perfect NHL complimentary player, IMO. Solid two-way presence, speed, shot and size. He’s snake bitten in terms of scoring, but he’s always around the net and his shot-to-rebound element would be great next to someone like Coyle.

Bruins would be fools to move this kid without giving him regular shifts on the big club,

This year or next

BronxBruin

Feb 27, 2002
Bronx, NY
Visit site
My thoughts from tonight:

-- This was one of the better games I've seen Providence play all season. They had a ton of scoring chances and didn't allow many grade-A chances. It seems like the team has finally hit their stride (...and with that said, I fully expect them to get shutout Saturday & Sunday)
-- Zech was excellent. His goal was a bit of a floater but his pass on the Cehlarik goal was Krug-esque. He was also solid defensively. It was kinda funny seeing Devane (6'5", 230) throw him away during a board battle but it's a reminder that his size/strength is always going to be a challenge.
-- Zboril was excellent too. His rush+pass on the Hughes goal was a thing of beauty. He has become much more calm with the puck on his stick lately...weaving past defenders and making the right play with the puck more often than not. He was rock solid defensively too. It's a shame he'll likely never get a real shot in Boston.
-- Studnicka made several really slick passes (one of which led to Hughes' first goal) but he also had a bad NZ turnover that led to a 2-on-0 goal against. If he can clean up the turnovers/sloppy passing, then he'll be a lock for the NHL.
-- It was a typical game for Senyshyn: active, used his speed well, had several good scoring chances....and zero points.
-- Cehlarik has looked better the past few games after a midseason lull. His goal was an NHL goal...one-timed a hard cross-ice pass from a wide angle and lasered it into the net. The Boston ship has likely sailed for him but hopefully he can play a big role throughout the playoffs for Providence.
-- Petrovic with 2 penalties in the first period. He was generally fine in this game but I'd rather see Sherman play over him.

Alan Ryan

Jun 1, 2006
The Bruins have a nice set of young Dmen in Providence and it"s nice to see. The forward Group shows good promise too.

All you guys posting about the quality of the Providence players (thank you all) makes one wonder why some "experts" rate the Bruins prospects so poorly. You all know your hockey and clearly there's a disconnect.

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010
Is Gaunce deserving of a look? It looks like he's been putting together a nice points streak
Yes, the injury at the beginning of the season really derailed him, he is just starting to look comfortable again and he has been one of their best forwards for the past few weeks.

I'm not sure if he is signed for next season, if he is not Boston should resign him for at least a year to see if he can stay healthy and continue to play as well as he has recently.

With the limited number of call up post deadline I would call up Gaunce, Senyshyn, Frederic and Studnicka. Use the emergency call up if their are injuries on D.

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010
All you guys posting about the quality of the Providence players (thank you all) makes one wonder why some "experts" rate the Bruins prospects so poorly. You all know your hockey and clearly there's a disconnect.
Probably because there are no "high end" or high impact prospects. Besides Studnicka they have a number of guys who will play a lot of NHL games but be third and fourth liners. D for the most part project as bottom pairs, some people will say Vakanienen has a higher ceiling but he has only impressed me in brief stretches and makes a ton of mistakes. Young D and he will need time to mature I just don't see more than a 5/6 with him.

Frederic, Senyshyn and Lauko are young prospects who should have good careers in the bottom six. Cehlarik will play for another team as a depth forward. Gaunce is a bit older but he may still have a good career.

Vakanienen will play in the NHL for a long time, I just see him as a depth D, Zech may be the outlier in terms of impact on D. He has a great deal of skill the size will always be a concern. Zboril could be a bottom pair D now on a few teams, he will be a guy who plays for years but may bounce around. Has been showing a bit of the mean streak he had in juniors recently and that will help him. The rest of the Providence D is career tweeners, the Kampfers, Petrovics, Didiers are guys who are very good AHL players but 8/9 on most teams depth charts.

Vladar I am not sure about, some days looks dominant, some like he will be in the AHL for years. Swayman is probably a better prospect, if he is in Providence next year with Vladar they should have a good, young 1/2 in net with one hopefully ready to be Rask's backup the year after.

Saxon Eric

Dec 18, 2005
Quick post game wrap up
Loved Gaunce's game
Teams 4 lines are rolling
Pretty decent defending last night,first goal was on Vladar, 2nd on Studnicka
Zech is coming along nicely
It's taken a while to get there but Zboril probably playing at his highest level yet and the good part is it's been pretty constant ,yes,there's been drop offs here and there but he rebounds quickly unlike in years past.
Hughes is such an unsung guy,he's the engine of the team
Lauko back on Saturday, Kuhlman to follow???
Another week closer to College FAs and possible CHL kids...

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
Quick post game wrap up
Loved Gaunce's game
Teams 4 lines are rolling
Pretty decent defending last night,first goal was on Vladar, 2nd on Studnicka
Zech is coming along nicely
It's taken a while to get there but Zboril probably playing at his highest level yet and the good part is it's been pretty constant ,yes,there's been drop offs here and there but he rebounds quickly unlike in years past.
Hughes is such an unsung guy,he's the engine of the team
Lauko back on Saturday, Kuhlman to follow???
Another week closer to College FAs and possible CHL kids...

Something has to give soon...

How does this black aces thing work again? Need to make some room...

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010
Something has to give soon...

How does this black aces thing work again? Need to make some room...
Bruins will probably give Senyshyn, Studnicka and Frederic a look before the end of the season, I doubt very much they will empty Providence out because they have cap space and can go over the roster limit after the deadline. The "Black Aces" thing is usually when your AHL team gets knocked out of the playoffs and you bring up a handful of guys as a precaution to injury.

Reactions: Blowfish

BruinsNetwork

Hughes is electric. Only thing separating him from full-time deployment in the NHL is his strength and weight. He’s still a bit on the lighter side. Doesn’t need 20lbs+, but another 5lbs-10lbs would go a very long way with him, IMO.

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010
Even if Frederic turns into a 20 point 4th liner that kid is gonna be beloved
I'm figuring a slower, meaner much more annoying Paille and I'm great with that. Add him, Beecher and Nick Ritchie and you have size and grit in your forward group for years to come. Hall has size and is a great skater not sure how gritty he is.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC

maybe a Danny Paille-like player with a bit more offensive potential?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad