General Discussion (Team/Player/Trade Rumors/Speculation/News), Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

TrufleShufle

Aug 31, 2012
Because Lou needs to take out the garbage. If he's not going to play Fayne, trade him. Harrold and Volchenkov should NOT be here. Tedenby obviously isn't making the team. Gionta should be sent down.

Henrique-Zajac-Ryder
Zubrus-Elias-Jagr
Clowe-Loktionov-Brunner
Olesz-Carter/Josefson-Bernier

Greene-Larsson
Salvador-Gelinas
Gardiner-Fayne

Schneider
Brodeur

no, he really shouldn't. I see no other reason other than wanting Yayo to play, and that is not enough of a reason to send a guy down who is doing his part.

ThePSEGPowerPoster

LOSER POINTS!
Feb 23, 2013
I've been anti-Gionta since my first day on this board (don't think he's very good) but he's played well. I don't think he should be going anywhere.

Carter should sit for Josefson today to give him a chance to recover from his bout of suck.

TrufleShufle

Aug 31, 2012
I've been anti-Gionta since my first day on this board (don't think he's very good) but he's played well. I don't think he should be going anywhere.

Carter should sit for Josefson today to give him a chance to recover from his bout of suck.

Thats why I like you, one of the few people on here who I have ever seen admit to having a change of heart.

But with that said its only a matter of time before someone says "THE MINUS 3! THINK OF THE MINUS 3" with out realizing 2 had nothing to do with him and one was a penalty kill they screwed up as a whole.

DevilChuk*

Thats why I like you, one of the few people on here who I have ever seen admit to having a change of heart.

But with that said its only a matter of time before someone says "THE MINUS 3! THINK OF THE MINUS 3" with out realizing 2 had nothing to do with him and one was a penalty kill they screwed up as a whole.

You don't get a minus for being scored on during a PK.

TrufleShufle

Aug 31, 2012
You don't get a minus for being scored on during a PK.

Ah good call, then I have no idea where the 3rd came from so i won't speculate.

Edit: But if thats the only thing I have said wrong, I'm completely ok with that.

Last edited:

DevilChuk*

Ah good call, then I have no idea where the 3rd came from so i won't speculate.

Edit: But if thats the only thing I have said wrong, I'm completely ok with that.

While I agree Gionta has done pretty well so far, I'm not sure any forward really deserves to come out of the line-up. Goal scoring outside of game 1 hasn't really been the issue.

I want Josefson to play and I don't think giving him one game in Gionta's place is a big deal. If he plays well, you find a different spot for him.

I do agree that CBGB as a whole is the reason why Gionta isn't sitting.

Meanwhile, it's pretty scary that our GA are pretty spread out amongst everyone. Not like last year where our 1st line was doing great and the middle 2 terrible.. now everyone is getting beat. I blame it on the defense, really.

Let's not have the Sal-Zid pairing lead the team in TOI, please.

TrufleShufle

Aug 31, 2012
While I agree Gionta has done pretty well so far, I'm not sure any forward really deserves to come out of the line-up. Goal scoring outside of game 1 hasn't really been the issue.

I want Josefson to play and I don't think giving him one game in Gionta's place is a big deal. If he plays well, you find a different spot for him.

I do agree that CBGB as a whole is the reason why Gionta isn't sitting.

Meanwhile, it's pretty scary that our GA are pretty spread out amongst everyone. Not like last year where our 1st line was doing great and the middle 2 terrible.. now everyone is getting beat. I blame it on the defense, really.

Let's not have the Sal-Zid pairing lead the team in TOI, please.

Yea I can't argue with that part at all.

Thats the worst part about it, we all want Yayo to play but at whos expense. I don't think it will take long for someone to drop either to injury or bad play and he will get his shot though.

I could see Gionta losing some steam and eventually being the guy but it's not there yet.

SeidoN

#OGOC #2018 HFW Predictions Champ
Aug 8, 2012
AEF
Gionta has done nothing to make me want him to stay any more than Josefson

rtr1105

1995 • 2000 • 2003
Jan 26, 2013
New Jersey, USA
I only watched the first period last night. And since I had nothing better to do I watched the encore today, and upon watching it twice I really noticed how much of a defensive liability Gio can be.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
btw not for nothing but if you're going to sit Carter and break up CBGB anyway then sit Gionta too, just play Olesz AND Josefson in a 'fifth-line sub' configuration. Of course we all know Gionta's not sitting though.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
btw not for nothing but if you're going to sit Carter and break up CBGB anyway then sit Gionta too, just play Olesz AND Josefson in a 'fifth-line sub' configuration. Of course we all know Gionta's not sitting though.

I'm surprised Gionta is a bigger PDB favorite than Carter. It's probably because he thinks Gio is a pretty good center.:help:

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E

I agree, I don't think it is earth shattering, but the whole point to keep Gio in should be to keep CBGB together. I can at least understand and sort of get behind that idea. If you are going to break them up there is no point to sit JJ.

Should be one or the other. I'd be ok with Carter and Gio sitting for Olesz and JJ with Bernier.

4th line last night did look extra fugly. They were having all sorts of problems.

Devils Trap

May 6, 2009
New Jersey
can Josefon go in already....

Atleast he wouldnt let Hall all by himself in front of the net and would most likely track Edler down on the second goal last game

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
Tom Gulitti ‏@TGfireandice 1m
Devils on ice at Saddledome for early practice in Calgary. Looks like Loktionov with extra forwards today. Carter back with Gionta-Bernier.

haha.

Devilsfanatic0421

"You're next"
Feb 24, 2012
lol. Yayo for Lokti.

Not terribly bothered so long as this is just to send a message about Loki's defensive play.

Watch Lokti be benched over Gionta for a while and bolt to Russia.

Edit: nevermind Yayo and Lokti both benched.

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
lol. Yayo for Lokti.

Not terribly bothered so long as this is just to send a message about Loki's defensive play.

Watch Lokti be benched over Gionta for a while and bolt to Russia.

nope. Carter in, Lokti out apparently.

Tom Gulitti ‏@TGfireandice 1m
Devs lines: Zubrus-Elias-Jagr; Clowe-Henrique-Ryder; Olesz-Zajac-Brunner; Carter-Gionta-Bernier; Josefson-Loktionov-Tedenby.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad