OT: General College Hockey Talk

RabidBadger

Mazur detractors will look like dummies!
Sep 9, 2007
Detroitish
Got my frozen 4 tix. Hoping to see some Sabres prospects in the semi-final and final games.

Nice! A FF in Boston should be epic.

I'm never willing to pencil any team into the FF, but you should be seeing Power there. Michigan has been able to dial it in at will down the stretch. BUT! There are 6 or 7 teams with a legit title shot this year. Minnesota has been burning it up lately.

Thanks for this thread. I'm visiting as a Wings fan, but as a Badger and NCAA fan, this is Nirvana!

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Nice! A FF in Boston should be epic.

I'm never willing to pencil any team into the FF, but you should be seeing Power there. Michigan has been able to dial it in at will down the stretch. BUT! There are 6 or 7 teams with a legit title shot this year. Minnesota has been burning it up lately.

Thanks for this thread. I'm visiting as a Wings fan, but as a Badger and NCAA fan, this is Nirvana!

Greetings!

I admit, I'm a UM doubter. I think I've seen most of their games since the New Year and they've struggled hard with the Irish and at times with the Gophers. Seems like Michigan will get one of the at-large bids regardless of the outcome of the Big 10 tournament but there are some teams out there that just seem to have their number.

RabidBadger

Mazur detractors will look like dummies!
Sep 9, 2007
Detroitish
Greetings!

I admit, I'm a UM doubter. I think I've seen most of their games since the New Year and they've struggled hard with the Irish and at times with the Gophers. Seems like Michigan will get one of the at-large bids regardless of the outcome of the Big 10 tournament but there are some teams out there that just seem to have their number.

With the parity in the NCAA neither a title nor a second round loss would shock me with UM...or Minnesota, Denver, Dulth, etc. It's pretty much anyone's game (except the Atlantic Hockey team this year, sorry guys) once the tournament starts. A lot of stacked teams have come up short over the years.

I'll be curious to see everyone's FF picks once the bracket is out. Should be a great tournament this year:thumbu:

Reactions: Chainshot

Burgmania

Buffalo's Hockey Soundtrack
Apr 16, 2007
Buffalo, NY
Playoff hockey returns to Buffalo this weekend as Canisius hosts a best-of-three Atlantic Hockey quarterfinal series against Mercyhurst.

Win 2, and the Griffs go to the championship weekend in Utica. If you're local, hope you consider coming down to HarborCenter this weekend.

Reactions: Chainshot

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Playoff hockey returns to Buffalo this weekend as Canisius hosts a best-of-three Atlantic Hockey quarterfinal series against Mercyhurst.

Win 2, and the Griffs go to the championship weekend in Utica. If you're local, hope you consider coming down to HarborCenter this weekend.

Would love to be there. Missing live puck, going through rink withdrawal.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Watched Metsa with Quinnipiac last night and he's the UDFA RHD I would love to see in Buffalo's depth roster after the Bobcat's season ends.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Power leads the rush, dishes, goes to the net and gets crosschecked in front, drawing a penalty (the first of the game). That? That looked like the Power from early in the season.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
ND goes down 2 men and kills it all off. Michigan had a bundle of chances and didn't cash in. Could prove huge.

(Power was not part of that, he drew the penalty but Blankenberg and Hughes had most of the PP time. He got about 22 seconds at the end.)

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Possibly the best game I've seen out of Michigan in a couple months.

That said, Minny looks so good. Their "freshman line" does not play like freshman. And that's Huglen's group and they look great.

Reactions: Old Navy Goat

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Johnson showing it all so far tonight - the plus skating, the breakups with the quick stick, a couple of times he's cleaned out a PSU forward, and of course the shot that got through and deflected for Meyers' goal.

And if he could convince Meyers to come along... yes please.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Just screams bonafide 10-12yr pro

Yeah, his game is just so solid. There is NO reason to be tossing him into any deals. Hell, he might be the guy to pair with Dahlin or Power in the near future even if they are bucking their own preferences for balanced pairs. He reminds me a bit of a guy like Hjalmarsson who wasn't a murderer physically (Pominville aside), but his mobility and smarts and stick all deny so much. Then he makes some heady plays in the offensive zone too - he should anchor a second pairing for a good, long time.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Metsa gets the secondary on the 2OT series winner. Lucky bounce off the end boards comes to Burgrat after he wins the draw back to Metsa who goes to Mendel. Mendel's shot caromed off the end boards back out to Burgart who'd gone to the net and he ends it.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Minny with all the passes, all the handles, and Walker finally finishes one of theses plays to make it 3-2 for the Gophers.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad