Gelinas

BVicious

Jun 15, 2012
Anybody else notice how confused, scared and nervous this guy looked behind the bench in our first 2 games. He was all up in Hartley's ear both games.

Do u think this guy was a PR hire? What coaching experience does he actually have?

I like Hartley and love the way he will sit players if the suck. Butler might be scratched. Awesome. Butter would never do that.

Anyway, I'm a little worried bout the people he surrounded himself with.

Tkachuky

Dec 30, 2009
In the Dome
Don't need coaching experience to be a coach. I think Gelinas is similar to Conroy, a player's help. Maybe a bridge between head coach and players.

BVicious

Jun 15, 2012
Maybe. I dunno. I was at both games, and watched them a lot. They were laughing and shrugging their shoulders a few times.

And yes, I think u do need some experience at this level. Being a player/coach interface is fine and all but when you cover the X's and O's you need someone who can teach them.

Especially with our breakouts and transition game. Ever notice teams like DET, Van, STL, etc seem to have no problem getting out of their end and into the other end with ease? In the first 2 games you can tell the new system is in place because they were drastically better. Lots of room for improvement.

Just struck me as odd how uncomfortable he looked.

InfinityIggy

Zagidulin's Dad
Jan 30, 2011
Maybe. I dunno. I was at both games, and watched them a lot. They were laughing and shrugging their shoulders a few times.

And yes, I think u do need some experience at this level. Being a player/coach interface is fine and all but when you cover the X's and O's you need someone who can teach them.

Especially with our breakouts and transition game. Ever notice teams like DET, Van, STL, etc seem to have no problem getting out of their end and into the other end with ease? In the first 2 games you can tell the new system is in place because they were drastically better. Lots of room for improvement.

Just struck me as odd how uncomfortable he looked.

What decisions does he actually make on the bench though?

kirant

Kiprusoffarian
Dec 2, 2011
What decisions does he actually make on the bench though?

Last game he seemed to be designing the last minute plans during their timeout...Gelinas did all the talking while Hartley just stared.

He might have just been the mouthpiece for Hartley's plans though.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad